True Traveller Reviews

True Traveller is a specialist travel insurance company which was set up in 2010 and offers decimated insurance for adventure holidays. If you’re considering using this company, read out True Traveller reviews first, written by people similar to yourself to help see what their policies are really like. Already been on an adventure with True Traveller? Please share a review!

True Traveller Review Insight

True Traveller Products 59

Slow travelers

Very convenient for slow travelers

Reviewed on 14th August 2019

Quite steep but reliable

True Traveller are one of very few insurance companies that provide IEC two year coverage. I would have given a full star rating across the board but, I find it slightly unfair that none of their policies include Baggage, Money & Documents or Travel Disruption as a standard part of the policy as other travel insurers traditionally do.

Reviewed on 7th August 2019
MissC's avatar
MissC

Travel Insurance

Good quality price ratio, good conditions and easy to claim

I chose true traveller because of the comprehensive customisation options, good price and availablento anyone in the EU. They have a quick service and communicatie clearly. There is a lot of information in FAQ section of the website.

Chad's avatar
Chad

Pleasure to deal with!

Great prices, great customer service!

Emma Wilkins's avatar
Emma Wilkins

Comprehensive, Efficient, Friendly

True Traveller is second to none when it comes to travel insurance, particularly for backpackers. I had read and heard of so many good things about TT that I just knew I had to use them for my 2 year IEC visa experience. At first the price of the policies were a bit scary compared to other companies but their reviews were nowhere near as scary as their competitors. If you want 100% hassle free no stress number 1 customer service, then look no further than than True Traveller. The policy pays for itself.

Jamie's avatar
Jamie

Travel Insurance

Easy to use, good value!

Great insurance for my trip to Canada. Really put me at ease and were there for any concerns or questions.

laura's avatar
laura

TOP! :)

I think that True Traveller is the best option for travelers! They offer great service for good price! I compared a lot companies but True Traveller offer is the best, 100% winner for me! :)

Alena's avatar
Alena

Great value and trustworthy

Always easy to deal with, used them for several trips all around the world and always found them to be the best value.

Kat's avatar
Kat

Travel Insurance

Easy to set up with good sports cover

The website made the policy very easy to understand and I had a good choice of what coverage I wanted for sports

Ricky millar's avatar
Ricky millar

First Class Experience!

I've not come across such a thorough, easy-to-use product before for Travel Insurance. Thank you for making the whole thing really simple.

Naomi Clarke's avatar
Naomi Clarke

Travel Insurance

Simple to purchase - friendly customer service

Have twice purchased two year insurance through True Traveller for my work permit in Canada. Simple website, easy to choose the plan suited to you (multiple add ons) - never feel pressured to add more items or that “up-sell” other companies try.

Victoria 's avatar
Victoria

Pleasant, good and fast

Send it my request and money was transferred fast.

Magdalena's avatar
Magdalena

Perfect for backpackers

TT offers everything you need in the way of insurance as a tourist heading off on holiday or a traveller planning on spending long periods of time away from your home country. They are very friendly, professional and extremely helpful - even advising me on topics that werent even insurance related when i was nervous before heading off to Canada for 2 years. I will never forget their kindness in what was a very stressful time.

Amy Massey's avatar
Amy Massey

Travel Insurance

Straight forward, flexible and accessible.

True traveller gives great coverage with flexibility of return trips as well as not breaking the bank.

Alfie smith's avatar
Alfie smith

Travel Insurance

I won't use any other insurance company!

I originally bought true traveller for my 2 year working holiday in Canada as they were one of the few companies to do over a year. They also are a rare find in a company that insures you when you've already started traveling(I've made that mistake a... Read more

I originally bought true traveller for my 2 year working holiday in Canada as they were one of the few companies to do over a year. They also are a rare find in a company that insures you when you've already started traveling(I've made that mistake a few times).
I also very highly value the fact you can pay a little extra to remove the excess. Also the winter sports and adventure activity list covered is extensive and you can choose how much to cover. They also have the option of having an annual policy with quite long lengths of time you can go away. I think I got the one that allows over 70 day trips at a time!
I made a claim and the process was very quick and easy. I was paid straight into my bank account and minimum paperwork.
I could not recommend True Traveller any more!

Liz Berkley 's avatar
Liz Berkley

Great package

TT is a great insurance package for people wanting to spend more time enjoying their trip than worrying about the “what ifs” overall very impressed

Devans's avatar
Devans

Best insurance for my IEC

I was recommended this True Traveller by so many people for my working holiday in Canada! True traveller definitely proved to be the perfect match after searching round for others. They tick all the boxes for a 2 year insurance policy, keeping me safe in Canada! Thank you so so much!

Amy Lysa Reid's avatar
Amy Lysa Reid

Super helpful

Always amazing customer service with a great price

Jayne h's avatar
Jayne h

Simple fast and easy

It was very easy for me to purchase my insurance on their website for very cheap. It's clear and simple, what is included in the policy and what is not is clearly defined and configurable when I purchased my insurance.

Diana Catherine's avatar
Diana Catherine

Excellent coverage

My second time using their service for IEC coverage. Had a claim the first time round and had dedicated direct contact with an agent that accommodated reimbursing me the money in a pretty fast turn around. Saying that, the insurance was £200 more this year but still worth it.

Steven 's avatar