Barclays Reviews

Ratings based on 5,211 reviews       Last review 6 hours ago

Barclays reviews can help you to find out more about this bank. Barclays' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Smart Money People is the place for Barclays reviews, so tell us about your customer experience today. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Barclays Review Insight

Best Business Banking Provider Winner of ‘Best Business Banking Provider’ in the British Bank Awards 2017

fair trade econonmics

lot less people in debt with stable financial situations for family and business

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
hessie's avatar
hessie

Business Banking

Bad Business support

I cannot log in on my laptop for business account as there is an error. I went into branch and they found there was the same error, they couldn't help me and said I will have to call business... Read more

I cannot log in on my laptop for business account as there is an error. I went into branch and they found there was the same error, they couldn't help me and said I will have to call business support.
I have been on the phone for 4 days each time for 3 hours holding each time.
This is not acceptable as i am trying to keep my business afloat during this pandemic and BARCLAYS are not supporting me or my business. What do i do ??????

Reviewed on 7th June 2021
Danny D'Souza's avatar
Danny D'Souza

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Good rates, fair T&Cs, excellent responsiveness

They have a variety of competitive mortgage products and there are no hidden catches. Everything is clear and the terms and conditions are fair. The mortgage adviser is helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and responsive. I have had two mortgages with Barclays and was able to port my discontinued lifetime tracker to my new property and then take a new product for the rest. I refer all my friends and employees to Barclays.

Reviewed on 4th June 2021
Mark Clayton's avatar
Mark Clayton

Bank Account

Lack of caring towards customers

They are allowed to take your money out of your bank at any point they’d like and not give you a reason. I’d go with a different bank as this policy does nothing but leave you stressed and without money for living for as long as they think its Okay.

Kimia Davani's avatar
Kimia Davani

Awful personal experience

They don’t seem to care enough about their customers. If I could go back to 5 years ago I would have never opened an account with them.

Kimia Davani's avatar
Kimia Davani

Business Banking

Awful customer service - impossible to get help

The chat app is terrible: it times out while you're waiting for the person to answer and you have to start all over again; they can't see any of the previous chat so you have to explain your problem again; you can't copy from previous chats so you have to type it all in again. Then, they tell you they can't help with business accounts so you have to call the business team!
The business team WILL NOT allow you to speak to a human. Regardless of the number you pick, the call handling system will tell you to use the app to chat with someone and cut you off.
Barclays business customer service is appalling - you should definitely use another bank.

Ian Pigney's avatar
Ian Pigney

Bank Account

Worst customer service experience I have ever received.

Worst customer service experience I have ever received. Been charged twice for something and the staff clearly don't care and have ignored me both on the phone and over the live chat, which hardly works anyway. Terrible company who obviously treat the staff so badly that they provide this awful experience.

Reviewed on 17th May 2021
Lucas's avatar
Lucas

Bank Account

bad

poor customer service not helping at all playing ping -pongs not explaining anything talk like a robots

Reviewed on 17th May 2021
Liutauras's avatar
Liutauras

Bank Account

telephone service, telephone payments, branch closures and counter opening times

AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!! having been a barclays customer for over 20years i must say that i am appaled at the telephone banking experience and the website. having tried to make an online pyment over the daily limit, you get a pop up text box asking you to telephone a number for customer services who can help you. Well the nightmare begins, all automated questions and no option to just talk to somebody, when i eventually got through i was told that a different team could make the payment, but you cannot have thier number (the telephone banking payments team) i told them what i needed to do and was told that their limit is only £15k so the online system, knowing the issue points you to the wrong place!!!! i was then told that the only way to make the payment was to go into the branch (my 2 local branches have been closed!!!), so i have to go into town during the working week, ooh, and the counter is now only open between 10am and 2pm!!! GET A GRIP BARCLAYS!!!!! we are coming out of a lockdown yet you have to travel to get a payment made. Barclays need to stop closing branches, increase counter opening times and also get with modern times with telephone banking so that payments of any size can be made. i have several accounts with Barclays, all of which i shall now be closing.
My advice to to bank with METRO BANK - better opening times, and miles better customer telephone banking team

Reviewed on 7th May 2021
IB's avatar
IB

Horrible, absolutely horrible.

I've Been a client of theirs for 11 years now and I'm not even eligible for a small car loan or a credit... Read more

I've Been a client of theirs for 11 years now and I'm not even eligible for a small car loan or a credit card.

3 years ago I applied for a credit card as I was receiving weekly posts/emails about applying for one, when I did, my application was denied for a very vague reason. Fast forward 3 years, my credit score was suddenly slashed by 90 points because of an account that was closed, care to guess who the account was with? Yup, Barclays. They had opened up an account for me without my knowledge and closed it due to inactivity as I didn't even know I had it which resulted in my score being slashed 90 points, and they didn't even acknowledge the mistake. Stay away from them.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2021
Saleem's avatar
Saleem

Travel Insurance

thieves

refused to pay even though we had police report and documents . wanted to know where i got my funds from . when i send over the docs , i was still refused. they love taking money but hate to give back .. please don't go with them , thieves

Reviewed on 20th April 2021
ash's avatar
ash

Bank Account Review

I find the bank, safe, secure and customer focused. Held account for 50 years. Well pleased to continue

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Patrick Eddey's avatar
Patrick Eddey

Barclays

Great customer service been with them over 10 years :) never had a problem yet

Robyn Ella's avatar
Robyn Ella

Reliable

Been using them for years for my personal card and every time their service and highly-effective security has been fantastic.

cata.matei@hotmail.com's avatar
cata.matei@hotmail.com

Waste of time bank

4years banking with Barclays doing 2 jobs with very credit score ,but never was allowed for overdraft or a small loan when I tried to check if Iam eligible !!I tried to find out the reasons many times ,they never could answer me why!!the best answer was :although credit Experian is one of the main credit rating agency but I still to make sure with the other credit agencies!!!I knowing my financial situation very well but They left me shocked !!with no answer!!going back to bank with NatWest much better,please don’t waste years trying to introduce your self to this bank!!

Omar's avatar
Omar

dishonest

extremely poor customer service dishonest staff

Reviewed on 11th April 2021
p_rollason@yahoo.co.uk's avatar
p_rollason@yahoo.co.uk

Bank Account

Always treated well at the bank , online and via telephone communication

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
S's avatar
S

Barclays

simply, not impressed. not very helpful, often quite unprofessional in more than one way. wouldnt recommend to a friend.

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Cliff Webb's avatar
Cliff Webb

Personal Loan

great interest rates

attached to my bank account, easy to use and great low interest rates

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Katherine smith's avatar
Katherine smith

Personal feelings lost

Although Barclays has been my primary Bank for a long time, it does feel as though with the closing of branches and move to Mobile and internet banking, the personal relationship has gone. It takes far too long to contact customer services and the app chat does nothing else but redirects you to phone contacts system... I still trust Barclays to be my main partner as the range of products they offer covers all my needs, present and future!

Reviewed on 30th March 2021