Barclays Business Banking Reviews

Barclays business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at Barclays is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of Barclays business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Best Business Banking Provider Winner of ‘Best Business Banking Provider’ in the British Bank Awards 2017
Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Business Banking Reviews

Review Barclays's Business Banking now

Barclays Bank are not good for SMEs, let alone businesses in the UK

Barclays do not arrange with you, a proportionate repayment plan, should your business had ‘inactivity’ since January 2020 due to the PANDEMIC!!!! Which is nobody’s fault. To seek Customer Service Representative is a joke. Two months later we are still be Read more

Barclays do not arrange with you, a proportionate repayment plan, should your business had ‘inactivity’ since January 2020 due to the PANDEMIC!!!! Which is nobody’s fault. To seek Customer Service Representative is a joke. Two months later we are still being ping-ponged between various departments of Barclays without even being able to file a formal complaint. Barclays Bank are downright, sneaky with your money to pay our bills or for operating expenses.Barclays simply tap, without explanation or exploring how they can help you, during a downturn of business and are misappropriation of customers funds, to put them into deep overdraft is unacceptable. We would never use Barclays again and would caution anyone who would like to bank with Barclays to think twice.

Reviewed on 6th April 2022
Hadokcotdamn's avatar
Hadokcotdamn

Misappropriation of customers' money

Barclays closed our business account due to ‘inactivity’ in mid-January 2022 with a substantial amount of money on it. Two months later we are still being ping-ponged between various departments of Barclays without even being able to file a formal complai Read more

Barclays closed our business account due to ‘inactivity’ in mid-January 2022 with a substantial amount of money on it. Two months later we are still being ping-ponged between various departments of Barclays without even being able to file a formal complaint. The best what Barclays have been able to offer us is that perhaps in another 12 weeks their Dormancy team would get in touch with us. In the meanwhile, we cannot use our money to pay our bills and Barclays are using it for free, which is a misappropriation of customers, assets, or, simply said, theft. We would never use Barclays again and would caution anyone who would like to bank with Barclays to think twice.

Reviewed on 22nd March 2022
George's avatar
George

Can't get through to Mandate Change

I've spent 2hr 45 on hold over the last two working days trying to contact mandate change (i.e. change the signatories on an account). The call never gets answered. I'm not sure that this is even legal. You can't change signatories in a branch, even wh Read more

I've spent 2hr 45 on hold over the last two working days trying to contact mandate change (i.e. change the signatories on an account). The call never gets answered. I'm not sure that this is even legal. You can't change signatories in a branch, even when you find one that is open. Not sure what I can do from here, other than close the account and move to a different bank.

Reviewed on 14th March 2022
Nigeybabey's avatar
Nigeybabey

If I could rate them lower I would

If I could rate them lower I would. 1 feels overly generous. Absolutely the world's worst business banking. Spent 10 hours this week on hold so far trying to get through to mandate change team including 2 hrs 50 mins today at time of writing. Raised a com Read more

If I could rate them lower I would. 1 feels overly generous. Absolutely the world's worst business banking. Spent 10 hours this week on hold so far trying to get through to mandate change team including 2 hrs 50 mins today at time of writing. Raised a complaint with Relationship Manager who hasn't responded at all.
Last time I changed the mandate I had to go into a branch during lockdown with my ID so someone could photocopy it and use a wooden stamp to certify it. How is that even secure in 2022?
IT infrastructure also terribly outdated. Dont touch Barclays NET it's impossible. They then want to upsell us stuff each year at our time wasting "account review" meeting. No I do not want your Barclaycard for my staff that has old fashioned statements and doesn't integrate to my finance system when instead I could have PLEO. Awful awful awful.

Reviewed on 11th March 2022
Suzie Campbell's avatar
Suzie Campbell

Poor customer service

i felt bullied by the team at Barclays bank. Now changing banks

Reviewed on 4th March 2022
B B's avatar
B B

New business bank account

Didn't work for me,they really don't know what to tell you and they asked me tons of informations...I just opened a new ltd and needed a business bank account but becouse the registered office is different of trade adress the weren't able to help

Reviewed on 28th February 2022
Marin Marian's avatar
Marin Marian

After a year of on-going problems, we will be leaving soon and banking elsewhere.

Worst customer service from a bank I've experienced. Repeatedly let down from promises and made things very very difficult for us for a year now. Their incompetence reflects on our organisation which is not good at all.

Reviewed on 14th February 2022
Michelle's avatar
Michelle

Poor customer service - Choose another bank for business

We have banked with Barclays since the inception of our business over 10 years ago. Barclays have never provided a good service, however, in the race for automation, their service level is declining rapidly. We used to get regular letters stating our Read more

We used to get regular letters stating our business relationship manager was changing but you can never get direct contact with a dedicated business manager. If you have any queries you have to contact them, very painful experience over the phone, for someone to just take a message and pass it along to someone else. They have no service level and will respond if you are lucky, whenever they feel like it.
The poor service level is directly correlated to the massive cost / staff cutting exercise Barclays have carried out over the last 5-6 years.
I do not recommend Barclays for business or personal banking.

Reviewed on 14th February 2022
Bigsparks's avatar
Bigsparks

Does what it says on the can.

When you get used to them, they are a fair Bank to deal with.

Reviewed on 20th January 2022
Elsie Whitehouse's avatar
Elsie Whitehouse

Leaving ASAP

Barclays are wealthy and it seems that is because they refuse to invest money on any of their systems or training their staff. They cut corners and do not listen to the issues of their customers. Waiting for up to 3 hours to speak to someone because their Read more

Barclays are wealthy and it seems that is because they refuse to invest money on any of their systems or training their staff. They cut corners and do not listen to the issues of their customers. Waiting for up to 3 hours to speak to someone because their app doesn’t do what it says it does is unnecessary. Don’t try and add a new card to an existing account if you need it in under 6 months and value your personal details as they are likely to get lost 4 times (happened to us) but its ok because they have lots of money to pay out on complaints! 4 other serious issues with our business account in the last 2 years, all of which we were paid money as an apology. I’d much rather just be able to spend and get at my money an pay my bills.

Reviewed on 17th January 2022
Bex Chapman's avatar
Bex Chapman

WORST BUSINESS "SUPPORT" I HAVE EVER! EXPERIENCED! DO NO USE BARCLAYS

DO NOT USE BARCLAYS! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!! Do not! Open a business account with these absolute jokes! They need a signature on my account until I get full access to my account, features, and able to extend my bounce back loan!! So extremely important, so Read more

DO NOT USE BARCLAYS! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!
Do not! Open a business account with these absolute jokes! They need a signature on my account until I get full access to my account, features, and able to extend my bounce back loan!! So extremely important, sounds simple doesn't it this has been going on since beginning of JUNE 2021 it is now mid December 2021!...... I have filled in 11 yes 11 forms both a PDF online forms and forms they have sent me via post, but they have not added the signature to my account, they say they have not received it, even though I have sent using their pre-paid envelopes! And when done online their email address!

I have called every other week for six months! Six months!! Trying to run a business and call Barclay's for at least 2 hours, and promises and promises, blame on the other team go to that team blame the other team and so on, and yet I still, have not got a signature on my account!

Working from home is NOT working for Barclays, they are beyond useless! If my employee was as useless as the team they have working on the phones in the business team, they most certainly would have been sacked by now! They are NOT doing their job!

Unfortunately, when you call for the 100th time and a little frustrated as they have yet not received ANOTHER signed form! And start to express y our frustration they hang up on you!

DO NOT DEAL WITH BARCLAY BUSINESS!! I HAVE A FEW OTHER BUSINESS ACCOUNTS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST CUSTOMER “SUPPORT” OF THEM ALL, IN FACT THE WORST SO-CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD!

GO WITH SOMEONE ELSE, PLEASE DO NOT USE BARCLAYS! YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Reviewed on 13th December 2021
Mark Croud's avatar
Mark Croud

They function but are probably not the best

I've banked with Barclays Business banking for 21 years, they are fine but nothing to write home about. There isn't any business banking team left at my branch and their online offerings fall behind some of the younger banks, so I probably wouldn't have c Read more

I've banked with Barclays Business banking for 21 years, they are fine but nothing to write home about. There isn't any business banking team left at my branch and their online offerings fall behind some of the younger banks, so I probably wouldn't have chosen them now, but then the service in branch and onlinehas never been that bad either (a few glitches with the app after an update but they do sort it out). So yeah, fairly average with room for improvement.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2021
Jim's avatar
Jim

Hit and miss

Barclays’ telephone support could do with improvement.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021
Savvas John Savva's avatar
Savvas John Savva

Abourent and abominable service

I have been banking with Barclays for 30 years and am a customer of Barclays Wealth and a business customer. The telephone banking system with Barclays corporate business is so appealing it defies intelectual belief, these are the people that 30 years ago Read more

I have been banking with Barclays for 30 years and am a customer of Barclays Wealth and a business customer. The telephone banking system with Barclays corporate business is so appealing it defies intelectual belief, these are the people that 30 years ago attempted to influence how I run my businesses.

VERY VERY SAD
God help the small business/entrepreneur attempting to establish yourself, unless you have, say 6 hours out of a 10 hour day, you have little or no chance of troubleshooting any problems.

All I wanted to do was change business addresses as I currently do not have a corporate manager, 'of course' they will blame Covid!!!!! what will it be next year?

Help, What do I do next?

Barclays Bank and Busniss department are Most horrible Bank

Reviewed on 17th August 2021
Michael Nick's avatar
Michael Nick

Terrible app, terrible customer service. They are clueless

Barclays are the pits of the earth. The app is useless and the customer service people I have spoken to just give out incorrect information

Reviewed on 20th July 2021
Tim cozens 's avatar
Tim cozens

Barclays customer service will cost your business money

I have been a customer of Barclays for over 40 years and my mum worked in branch for 15 years, I set up company accounts with them 3 years ago and without doubt they are the most shockingly bad customer service set up i have ever encountered. and im in th Read more

I have been a customer of Barclays for over 40 years and my mum worked in branch for 15 years, I set up company accounts with them 3 years ago and without doubt they are the most shockingly bad customer service set up i have ever encountered. and im in the service industry mysellf!
Every single interation with them will take at least 40 mins. And i mean the basics!
Calls are not logged and nor are complaints. No business manager. A 'team' you cannot contact sirectly and on hold an average of 40 mins. Their onlie service is shocking. 'live chats' that last 3 days (no im not kidding) with the overseas person you are connecting with not even aware of Barclays policy.

So yes Barclays have COST me hundreds if not thousands of £ of wasted time and resources. Choose elsehwre

Reviewed on 7th July 2021
Jeff's avatar
Jeff

Bad Business support

I cannot log in on my laptop for business account as there is an error. I went into branch and they found there was the same error, they couldn't help me and said I will have to call business support. I have been on the phone for 4 days each time for 3 h Read more

I have been on the phone for 4 days each time for 3 hours holding each time.
This is not acceptable as i am trying to keep my business afloat during this pandemic and BARCLAYS are not supporting me or my business. What do i do ??????

Reviewed on 7th June 2021
Danny D'Souza's avatar
Danny D'Souza

Awful customer service - impossible to get help

The chat app is terrible: it times out while you're waiting for the person to answer and you have to start all over again; they can't see any of the previous chat so you have to explain your problem again; you can't copy from previous chats so you have to Read more

The chat app is terrible: it times out while you're waiting for the person to answer and you have to start all over again; they can't see any of the previous chat so you have to explain your problem again; you can't copy from previous chats so you have to type it all in again. Then, they tell you they can't help with business accounts so you have to call the business team!
The business team WILL NOT allow you to speak to a human. Regardless of the number you pick, the call handling system will tell you to use the app to chat with someone and cut you off.
Barclays business customer service is appalling - you should definitely use another bank.

Reviewed on 18th May 2021
Ian Pigney's avatar
Ian Pigney

Good Website and Everything Works

Generally very helpful staff and a good website to get things done. My preferred choice.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021