Barclays Business Banking Reviews

Ratings based on 170 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Barclays business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at Barclays is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of Barclays business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Barclays Review Insight

Best Business Banking Provider Winner of ‘Best Business Banking Provider’ in the British Bank Awards 2017

Your Business Banking Reviews

Review Barclays's Business Banking now

They function but are probably not the best

I've banked with Barclays Business banking for 21 years, they are fine but nothing to write home about. There isn't any business banking team left at my branch and their online offerings fall behind some of the younger banks, so I probably wouldn't have chosen them now, but then the service in branch and onlinehas never been that bad either (a few glitches with the app after an update but they do sort it out). So yeah, fairly average with room for improvement.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2021
Jim's avatar
Jim

Hit and miss

Barclays’ telephone support could do with improvement.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021
Savvas John Savva's avatar
Savvas John Savva

Abourent and abominable service

I have been banking with Barclays for 30 years and am a customer of Barclays Wealth and a business customer. The telephone banking system with Barclays corporate business is so appealing it defies intelectual belief, these are the people that 30 years ago attempted to influence how I run my businesses.

VERY VERY SAD
God help the small business/entrepreneur attempting to establish yourself, unless you have, say 6 hours out of a 10 hour day, you have little or no chance of troubleshooting any problems.

All I wanted to do was change business addresses as I currently do not have a corporate manager, 'of course' they will blame Covid!!!!! what will it be next year?

Help, What do I do next?

Barclays Bank and Busniss department are Most horrible Bank

Reviewed on 17th August 2021
Michael Nick's avatar
Michael Nick

Terrible app, terrible customer service. They are clueless

Barclays are the pits of the earth. The app is useless and the customer service people I have spoken to just give out incorrect information

Reviewed on 20th July 2021
Tim cozens 's avatar
Tim cozens

Barclays customer service will cost your business money

I have been a customer of Barclays for over 40 years and my mum worked in branch for 15 years, I set up company accounts with them 3 years ago and without doubt they are the most shockingly bad customer service set up i have ever encountered. and im in the service industry mysellf!
Every single interation with them will take at least 40 mins. And i mean the basics!
Calls are not logged and nor are complaints. No business manager. A 'team' you cannot contact sirectly and on hold an average of 40 mins. Their onlie service is shocking. 'live chats' that last 3 days (no im not kidding) with the overseas person you are connecting with not even aware of Barclays policy.

So yes Barclays have COST me hundreds if not thousands of £ of wasted time and resources. Choose elsehwre

Reviewed on 7th July 2021
Jeff's avatar
Jeff

Bad Business support

I cannot log in on my laptop for business account as there is an error. I went into branch and they found there was the same error, they couldn't help me and said I will have to call business... Read more

I cannot log in on my laptop for business account as there is an error. I went into branch and they found there was the same error, they couldn't help me and said I will have to call business support.
I have been on the phone for 4 days each time for 3 hours holding each time.
This is not acceptable as i am trying to keep my business afloat during this pandemic and BARCLAYS are not supporting me or my business. What do i do ??????

Reviewed on 7th June 2021
Danny D'Souza's avatar
Danny D'Souza

Awful customer service - impossible to get help

The chat app is terrible: it times out while you're waiting for the person to answer and you have to start all over again; they can't see any of the previous chat so you have to explain your problem again; you can't copy from previous chats so you have to type it all in again. Then, they tell you they can't help with business accounts so you have to call the business team!
The business team WILL NOT allow you to speak to a human. Regardless of the number you pick, the call handling system will tell you to use the app to chat with someone and cut you off.
Barclays business customer service is appalling - you should definitely use another bank.

Reviewed on 18th May 2021
Ian Pigney's avatar
Ian Pigney

Good Website and Everything Works

Generally very helpful staff and a good website to get things done. My preferred choice.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
M Fischer's avatar
M Fischer

Terrible business and technical support

The business banking managers have been not much help over the years (we banked with Barclays as a business for 12 years now). The latest is that they push you to talk via app chat, which is an absolutely dreadful experience - speaking with people in India, after explaining the matter in details, I get asked questions that I already answered, responses not useful - scripted, no intelligence being applied - clear lack of training, halfway through conversation the person left, another one joined. After 50 minutes - got nowhere. Call centre experience slightly better - a lady in the UK was trying to be helpful, but again, just going through scripted motions (again 52 minutes later got nowhere). In the end, it turned out to be Barclays system issues, that my partner (who is software engineer) pointed out to them (not sure if they will fix it in their end). But as a busy business person, I had to spend 2 hours getting nowhere (getting frustrated), and if it was not for my partner pointing the issue, who knows how much longer it would have taken.

On the side of business support, the business managers are personable, but again I never got any value out of them. From not highlighting services that might be useful to us, to not being much help on any credit applications (we get our credit from Funding Circle - they have great customer service, better processes and better rates).

Maybe once the business reaches a certain size, the service level increases at Barclays, but as a micro 10-20 employee company owner, I am not impressed. We need to find a better bank, just need to get around to moving - but I think this latest "chat" experience is the last straw.

Reviewed on 28th March 2021
Laura P's avatar
Laura P

hard to get through to on the phone, especially since covid. do they care? nope

They're a bank, all business banks are the same, broadly they resent having customers disturbing a peaceful day on Facebook. Lots of defects in online banking etc.

Reviewed on 14th March 2021

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
Shuhed's avatar
Shuhed

Utterly dreadful

As a new treasurer of a sports association I have had three unsuccessful phone calls (when I have eventually got through) just to be added to the account mandate. The mandate team have consistently given the wrong advice including attending a branch. The branch advised me they had not been doing business banking for 2 years.

There are currently people who have access to the club accounts who are not even in the club and potentially could just empty the accounts without us being able to do anything about it.

Currently 40 minutes into my next phone call and still not sorted.

I can see one of my early jobs as treasurer will be move to a different bank!

Reviewed on 4th March 2021

Reviewed on 24th February 2021
GEORGE MARIAN IVANCUTA 's avatar
GEORGE MARIAN IVANCUTA

Branches closing, costs increasing

I run a cash-based business (a pub). My local branch is closing imminently, so to get change or deposit cash at my bank I have a 20-30 minute drive in either direction. It took more than 4 hours to eventually contact someone by telephone when I had a problem (this included speaking to a member of staff working from home with screaming kids in the same room; being given the wrong number & having to ring back; waiting in a telephone queue for more than an hour...) Due to the pandemic my business is currently closed, but imagine trying to do that whilst also trying to serve my customers?! The fees for my account have shot up. I have been with Barclays for almost 30 years and have been very happy with their service until the last few years - now you have to have a turnover of more than £1 million to even have your own business banker. It's clear they are not at all interested in small businesses (except for milking us for charges) so I am sad I feel forced to leave. I intend to move all of my accounts - business and personal - to another bank.

Reviewed on 18th January 2021
Helen's avatar
Helen

Certainly the most useless and unreliable service I can imagine existing in the small business world

This is most certainly the most useless and unreliable service I can ever imagine existing in the business... Read more

This is most certainly the most useless and unreliable service I can ever imagine existing in the business world.
It made me doubt that I am in the UK as it gives the impression that I am in country with one telephone line only and am served by lazy and/or illiterate or perhaps non-existent clerks... They claim 24 hour hour access. Perhaps they mean this is the waiting time at any given point one tries to contact thm...Business banking with Barclays has been a painful punishment.
I opened a business bank account, but my clients cannot pay me, as as soon as they try, they get a message that the account is not associated with me. Also I cannot pay out from this account, I guess for the very same reason. Even PayPal wouldn't recognise the account.
After countless hours (who has this spare time?!?) spent on the phone line listening to the most tasteless and repetetive 2 lines of music, I feel that I want to close all my accounts in this bank and run elsewhere.
But firstly would like to share my misery and stupidity (trusting Barclays that they will facilitate the financial side of running my business) everywhere to warn and protect fellow small business owners from getting trapped in the same trap!
Nadia Hristova

Reviewed on 28th September 2020
Nadia Hristova's avatar
Nadia Hristova

Unable to make its own systems work

I am treasurer of a charity. For 6 months I have been trying to get a debit card to access accounts. Despite phone calls (each approx 1 hour wait), forms completed,numerous apologies, letter to CeO (passed on to an automatic respondent I think) more apologies and no action. No one is willing to take my complaint and sort out.

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
Andrew Cook's avatar
Andrew Cook

Barclays use discriminatory policies

I want to talk to discrimination policy makers regarding Barclays. Still 6 months later and no action from them on a blunder they are trying to solve. Awful.

Reviewed on 13th August 2020
Kelsey's avatar
Kelsey

Terrible customer service

I am an existing Barclays personal customer. I applied for a business bank account in early July and it's now mid August. I had to use chat to speak to 2 agents since I was on hold for 20 mins or more via phone, the first of which assured me my application was successful and that I should receive details by 12th August. However I did not so contacted Barclays again. The 2nd agent told me the 1st agent was wrong and in fact I would receive an answer if successful by end of August. Absolutely disappointed in your customer service. You don't care about your customers so I cancelled my application and went with another bank instead.

Reviewed on 13th August 2020
businessgirl2020's avatar
businessgirl2020

Time wasters and excuses makers

I have been banking with Barclays for 25 years. The have been average but for the past 6 months they have used any excuse to give zero resolutions. they ask you to bank online and then when it does not work you cannot speak to anybody in online banking. They have 24/7 service which now shuts at 5pm GMT and when you try them during the day you cannot access anybody as their phone typing directions are broken. Their agent in business are to junior to help and the managers are always in meeting. I am about to loose a major deal of 7 figures because I cannot access my money. I am suing Barclays

Reviewed on 12th August 2020