Barclays Home Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Barclays home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Barclays handle your home insurance claim? Our Barclays home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Barclays? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Barclays Review Insight

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Barclays's Home Insurance now

Avoid this company

Barclays Home Insurance will do all in their power to undercut a claim. Basically they refuse to replace an item like for like. Their policy booklet states that - ‘Replacement will be on a like for like basis or based on the nearest equivalent available in the current market.’ Don't believe this. All they offer is a cash settlement well below the current value of what is available.
Furthermore their customer care is appalling. They don't ring back when they say they will and when they eventually do, there is no hint of an apology. All you get is a load of dribble - anything to avoid paying up.

Reviewed on 21st September 2020
Dennis's avatar
Dennis

Disappointed with cover when needed and how claim dealt with.

Have learnt more from my experience when making a claim on my insurance to find out they dont cover it on that wind speed or bad weather condition. Plus no empathy expressed when finding this out just matter of fact other than the first person l spoke to who actually asked if l wished to make a complaint and put that in motion. But to no avail it was not accepted as lots of assumption made on their before of why not even though l was in the house when it happened. Felt me as a claiment was dealt with more like a number and not as a person on the end of the phone or by letter. Disappointing customer care.

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Tammy's avatar
Tammy

affordable

easy to set up, was discussed step by step so i understood what everything meant etc. No hard selling or what i call over selling, listened exactly to what i wanted and the man sorted it all out for me. Customer service has been amazing so far

Reviewed on 2nd August 2020
becky's avatar
becky

easy to purchase and great emailed documents.

Reviewed on 4th February 2020
wanpang's avatar
wanpang

Why pay when you can never make a claim

If I could I’d have put minus stars. Absolute joke. We had a roof that leaked, couldn’t claim. We’ve now had a leak through the conservatory, can’t claim as the winds aren’t more the 50 miles per hour?? Happy to take the money ( not the cheapest either) but don’t want to pay. Absolute joke of a company. Will not be renewing with them and will advise as many people as I know not to go with them. Disgraceful.,

Reviewed on 14th November 2019
Bev 's avatar
Bev

Ex staff betrayed and spat at

Taking former work barclays to fso for bigotry...why do people get told they're approved their products and ground pulled from under day after? ? This bank deserves 1 B pound finew for.misrepresenting their awful blood suckling... Read more

Taking former work barclays to fso for bigotry...why do people get told they're approved their products and ground pulled from under day after? ? This bank deserves 1 B pound finew for.misrepresenting their awful blood suckling products..
HORRIBLE God awful bank!!!

Reviewed on 9th September 2019
Paddy pat's avatar
Paddy pat

Recommended

Recommended very good price and staff who know what they are talking about and advice well

Reviewed on 11th August 2019
Susan's avatar
Susan

Five Star App for everything

Purchased our Home Insurance through the app. Quick and easy. I’ve had my current account with them for years and with the app, it’s so easy to navigate through all my other baking needs.

Reviewed on 8th July 2019
Theresa Wakeley's avatar
Theresa Wakeley

Great bank

Thanks for looking after your costumers very well

Reviewed on 11th December 2018
Abbas Tehrani Shad's avatar
Abbas Tehrani Shad

Brilliant bank

Barclays will help you no matter know matter what

Dave Lee's avatar
Dave Lee

Competitive pricing, covers all I need for piece of mind.

When I needed a copy of the insurance, they offered me a review of the account and found a cheaper alternative for me

Alison Dunton's avatar
Alison Dunton

Great account

I have never had any issues with my Barclays current account. The app is very easy to use & I can do all my Banking on it.

Satita's avatar
Satita

Perfect banking experience

Very thorough review,resulting in much better cover.Well worth the extra cost.

David M Atkinson's avatar
David M Atkinson

Good value and great coverage for a little amount of money

Great coverage for the little amount of price. Also I get back £1.50 just because I have insurance with them great feeling to save a bit of money while you pay almost nothing.

Reviewed on 7th December 2018

Around with everything very helpful from loans to day to day banking

Have account loan and home insurance always listen help and great advice

Saul 's avatar
Saul

Excellent Service and No Quibbles

They paid when my dog bit another dog causing damage to the other dogs ear, even when my pet insurance refused!

Reviewed on 19th July 2018
Ren Taylor's avatar
Ren Taylor

Barclays home insurance

I just wanted to say what great customer service I received throughout our claim process. My daughter had some jewellery stollen & they made a bad & upsetting situation much easier.

Reviewed on 22nd June 2018
C nichols's avatar
C nichols

Great product

Covers everything I need at a reasonable cost. I shopped about and this was only slightly more expensive but I trust barclay.

Reviewed on 8th November 2017

Reviewed on 12th July 2017
Callum Hogg's avatar
Callum Hogg

Increasingly expensive

Not worth it any more...i'm going to switch out next time it comes up for renewal

Reviewed on 24th June 2017