HSBC Kinetic: Business Account reviews

Based on 1,341 reviews, last reviewed 25th Jan 2023

Prompt communication Since opening this online account i have had no issues with live chats ,messages etc ,in fact hsbc have been very efficient Reviewed on: 19th April 2022
Cosy's avatar
Cosy

Complete waste of time Recommended by HSBC to move to a Kinetic account. It was a faff to apply as there was no human intervention or surprisingly any consideration that I w... Read more Reviewed on: 25th January 2023

About the Business Account

Review HSBC Kinetic: Business Account now

HSBC Kinetic Business Account reviews (1341)

Complete waste of time

Recommended by HSBC to move to a Kinetic account. It was a faff to apply as there was no human intervention or surprisingly any consideration that I was already a business banking customer (wasn’t even asked). Then I find out there’s no switching service - brand new customers only! And to top it all they have just advised charges of £6.50 a month to maintain the account! You’d have to ask just what maintenance because all my payments (a total of 15 a month tops) are via BACS. I’m currently paying £8. So for a fantastic saving of £1.50 per a month I’ve got to tell my customers to change my payment details and, apply for a fresh overdraft facility (just in case) as that doesn’t transfer either. Net result account never used and now closed. Have since opened a Starling business account so thank you HSBC you just lost a customer of 13 years with your total ineptitude. Reviewed on: 25th January 2023

Fraud

Be careful when using this account. While in Turkey, I wanted to make a payment. When I put the card in the terminal, it showed the wrong amount in dollars. I did not give the pin number, but pulled out the card. When the amount was changed, I put the card back in and approved the amount with a pin code. Unfortunately, double the money has been withdrawn from my account. 700 EU-£619 and 700 dolars -£635. The first and the second amount. A few minutes later I wrote a message to the bank. Unfortunately, the bank does not care what I say. I was back at the store to ask about it. I got a daily printout from the terminal. There were only 2 transactions in the store. 1 mine and another person's second transaction. The endings of the card numbers are shown on the printout. HSBC replied that I have to sort these things in the store myself. So zero account protection. HSBC told me they accepted a payment as contactless payment of £ 635. Business account without security. People are safer to set up a "REVOLUT - account" Reviewed on: 5th October 2022

Prompt communication

Cosy's avatar
Cosy

Simple and easy to set up and all online

Great big name bank with a simple process to set up all online. Only let down by poor customer service . Can be waiting just close to an hour and even then the department's all seem to be disjointed and your passed around or asked to call another department which can be another long wait . Not ideal in business . Reviewed on: 8th April 2022

Do you have a different HSBC Kinetic product?

HSBC Kinetic has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products