Many Pets Reviews

Ratings based on 7,997 reviews       Last review 21 hours ago

Many Pets are a leading personal lines insurance broker in the UK. At Smart Money People, we use the power of your Many Pets reviews to help others find the best possible products for them.

Many Pets Products 7,997

Buyer beware

Buyer beware. This Pet insurance is not what it seems. It seems like they offer a lot in cover, access to a online vet and rewards. But as soon as your a customer this is not the case. Once you make a first real claim this is when you realise that the Read more

Once you make a first real claim this is when you realise that the big things the company will wiggle themselves out of. Look at the Feefo reviews for 1 star. Many heart breaking stories where owners had to put down their pets, just shameful.

Very improtant to note as a distiction is that they do not offer 'pre-autherisation' like reputable pet insurance companies. This is when your pet needs expensive treatment other insurers will review and tell you they will cover to give you piece of mind.

ManyPets do not do this. You will be encouraged just to submit the claim, and after taking 3 months to process to tell you they will not cover.

Also on the added benefits - accessing vets free on FirstVet. Good luck trying to access. ManyPets blame FirstVet when the links do not work. And there is no way to resolve this between the two companies. The rest of the rewards is basicly ManyPets offering a marketing channels to external companies to their cusomers.

My experience with my kittens I had a sudden excess added without prior notice changing my contract. I suddenly was told I needed to pay higher premiums when I moved areas.

So in summary, this is pointless. I'm apting to save my premiums of my kittens when they are older. Which PS the insureres do not pay fully

Reviewed on 25th June 2022
jacquibekker's avatar
jacquibekker

Dick Turpin!

I have been with ManyPets (previously Bought by Many) for several years, never had a claim. My renewal cost came through today for £80! £20 more than last month! My house insurance is less than that! Total joke on the pricing. The rep just says 'its Read more

I have been with ManyPets (previously Bought by Many) for several years, never had a claim. My renewal cost came through today for £80! £20 more than last month! My house insurance is less than that! Total joke on the pricing. The rep just says 'its based on the data, it's £80' I have cancelled - this is a ridiculous price!

Reviewed on 22nd June 2022
Emma's avatar
Emma

Appalling and Disgraceful

Absolutely disgraceful and appalling!!! When they were known as bought by many i had no issues my claims were dealt with very quickly, i put in a claim in March 2022 and still waiting for the payout, the call handlers just read of a script they do not re Read more

Absolutely disgraceful and appalling!!!
When they were known as bought by many i had no issues my claims were dealt with very quickly, i put in a claim in March 2022 and still waiting for the payout, the call handlers just read of a script they do not respond to emails they keep telling me the same thing my claim is with under writers yet cant get a response from them or get hold of them which is absolutely nonsense! It got to the point i email the CEO of the company he also pushed it to one side. AVOID joining them if you do not want the headache they are a joke!

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Ap's avatar
Ap

Appalling and Disgraceful Company

Absolutely disgraceful and appalling!!!

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Ap's avatar
Ap

Extortionate renewal increase

Having the top level policy my pet insurance has jumped hugely - one expects an increase but the jump is unjustified and too high.

Reviewed on 29th May 2022
AM's avatar
AM

Avoid

Insurance more than doubled from £70 to £150 in a year....never made a single claim. Joke of a company. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 19th May 2022
Nadine's avatar
Nadine

Pet Insurance

I apologise for previously recommending this company

I made my first claim last year. It was dealt with in about 2 weeks and was very efficient. I made my latest claim 6 weeks ago and was told it would be up to 8 more weeks before it was even looked at. They didn't even bother to contact my vet until I chas Read more

I made my first claim last year. It was dealt with in about 2 weeks and was very efficient. I made my latest claim 6 weeks ago and was told it would be up to 8 more weeks before it was even looked at. They didn't even bother to contact my vet until I chased them. I think the company should concentrate on hiring staff rather than rebranding. Totally unacceptable. I think they have a policy of prioritising new customers to get good reviews and recommendations. They don't want to deal with people who have claimed before, obviously.

Reviewed on 5th May 2022
Angry customer's avatar
Angry customer

Pet Insurance

Still waiting for payout 3&1/2 months later!

The good reviews are what made us choose this company, however since taking out the policy the reviews seem to have deteriorated drastically, and I can see why. We put our claim in 16 weeks ago and still have not been paid. After submitting all the requi Read more

The good reviews are what made us choose this company, however since taking out the policy the reviews seem to have deteriorated drastically, and I can see why. We put our claim in 16 weeks ago and still have not been paid. After submitting all the required information we’ve had requests for more information, then a few weeks later another request for more, then another few weeks wait before another request for more and then a a few more weeks before a request for information they already have. (been sent by both vets and us!)
Only ever get to speak to an advisor never an assessor! Would give 0 stars but not an option.

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
Donna's avatar
Donna

rubbish

if you take your pet to a vet for anything and they just give you anti inflamitry that dosent work and you keep going back and the same thing happens so you then need xrays £500 up front to vet then bbm says oh its a precodition even though no tests lol s Read more

if you take your pet to a vet for anything and they just give you anti inflamitry that dosent work and you keep going back and the same thing happens so you then need xrays £500 up front to vet then bbm says oh its a precodition even though no tests lol so if you have a pain in your head they say thats why you have a brocken foot just a con.

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Trevor Jones's avatar
Trevor Jones

Charlatans

My vet made the recommendation for my dog to have a surgical procedure, which I followed the suggestion of the learned professional. Over 2 months after the procedure, my dog is in fine form but I am still waiting for the crooked charlatans at BBM to make Read more

My vet made the recommendation for my dog to have a surgical procedure, which I followed the suggestion of the learned professional. Over 2 months after the procedure, my dog is in fine form but I am still waiting for the crooked charlatans at BBM to make any attempt to pay back the large sum of money I had to pay for the procedure. All they have done to date is lie to me about whats happening. Send a text - Your claim is being processed. You make a call - Hows the claim progressing? We were waiting on information from your vets, which I now see we have received...funny that as I attached it with the original application! Oh no not that one, previous medical history! My dog has no previous medical history, hes been in great shape his whole life. Well we have the information now Sir, it'll be 3-5 working weeks from today date to process! 2 days later..."we need some more medical history from your vets" THERE IS NO PREVIOUS MEDICAL HISTORY, stop hiding behind your BS excuse that its always somebody else that's holding up the claim. DO NOT USE, honestly do not use.

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Ryan Fitzpatrick's avatar
Ryan Fitzpatrick

AVOID. Bad payers

If I could leave no star I would. I have made 1 solitary claim for surgery for. my dog, they refused to pay out on the following basis. They don't pay out for preventative treatment and this surgery would prevent any future illness. Thats makes zero sense Read more

If I could leave no star I would. I have made 1 solitary claim for surgery for. my dog, they refused to pay out on the following basis. They don't pay out for preventative treatment and this surgery would prevent any future illness. Thats makes zero sense. Also they wanted to raise my premium by 40%. When I asked why they said they cant discuss individual cases. They are crooks, I don't know where they get all those 5 star reviews from but probably paid for.

Reviewed on 5th February 2022
Nancy P's avatar
Nancy P

The worst ever!!!!!!!!

Please, do not ever choose this insurance company! After 2 years of being loyal customer my insurance monthly payments went from £34 to over £60 without making any claims at all. The company is just a bunch of crooks!!! Pure disgrace!

Reviewed on 24th January 2022
Maciej Gasiorek's avatar
Maciej Gasiorek

Pet Insurance

Bad

They're trying to find the way not to pay your. Terrible and too long. it's a waste of time. The customer service isn't helpful, they take you money, but refuse to pay back.

Reviewed on 13th January 2022
Vlada's avatar
Vlada

Very polished experience

Bought by many is one of the best companies I have dealt with. The completion of the form and gaining of quotes was super simple and an enjoyable experience. The price was fair and the service at all touch points has been brilliant.

Reviewed on 5th January 2022
Peter Willcox's avatar
Peter Willcox

Amazing pet insurance!!

I insure both of my dogs with ‘Bought by Many’ and have had to make a few claims over the last few years. They have always made the process as simple as possible and have always paid out very quickly (a matter of days for my most recent claim). I really Read more

I really can’t fault their customer service and overall claims handling. Well worth insuring my dogs for the peace of mind it brings.

Reviewed on 20th October 2021
Alice's avatar
Alice

Pet Insurance

Does what it states on the tin

I have been very happy with the service from day one.Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
Jim Byrne's avatar
Jim Byrne

Excellent Service

Would definitely recommend had a claim last week and all paid in 2 days.Easy claim process and excellent service

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
Jackie Benson's avatar
Jackie Benson

Simply the best

Bought by Many are the perfect pet insurance provider. You can choose you’d level of cover and reduce your premium by taking higher excess. No quibbles on the claims. Nice and straight forward.

Michelle Wood's avatar
Michelle Wood

Beat company

The customer service is amazing . I feel secure knowing that whatever arises we are really taken care of Claiming is easy and pay out promptly the cover is the best around for price Cannot rate highly enougth

Louise Jones's avatar
Louise Jones

Number 1 pet insurance.

Bought by many have been amazing, from there customer service, there lovely treat boxes ive recieved for Luna but most importantly the cover they give. They paid out stright away when Luna was sick, no questions asked. I would 110% recommend bought by ma Read more

Bought by many have been amazing, from there customer service, there lovely treat boxes ive recieved for Luna but most importantly the cover they give. They paid out stright away when Luna was sick, no questions asked. I would 110% recommend bought by many as i already have to members of my family and 3 of my friends so far.

Mrs C's avatar