Waggel Reviews

Ratings based on 1,225 reviews       Last review 3 months ago

Waggel is a pet insurer getting ready to come to life in 2018! Although a young pup, they are looking to take on the big dogs of the insurance world. Waggel looks to offer an honest and personal insurance service tailored to your pets needs, and to create a platform for the community to communicate. Are you wondering whether Waggel would be a good fit for your pet? Look at our Waggel reviews and decide for yourself. Have you used Waggel for your pet? Please leave a review below!

Waggel Review Insight

Waggel Products 1,225

Pet Insurance

Don't touch this company with a barge pole!

My dog was diagnosed with pancreatitis by a previous vet but failed to respond to treatment in any... Read more

My dog was diagnosed with pancreatitis by a previous vet but failed to respond to treatment in any way.
She was referred to one of the top University teaching hospitals in the UK for a second opinion. They said the pain was caused by a skeletal issue and treated her accordingly.
To wriggle out of paying what amounts to £100 they are hell bent on insisting she has had pancreatitis. They cherry picked infomation from her previous vet to support their case and said the specialist opinion was "irrelevant"
They are now trying to make out that she must have had both!

Reviewed on 1st July 2021
Jan Russell's avatar
Jan Russell

Absolute con!

Signed up to Waggel for our 11 year old Cockapoo. For the first time in his life he had a serious attack of dehydration and Pancreatitus twice. The first time he stayed in overnight and had to be on iv fluids. After 3 months of deciding, Waggel refused to pay our vet bill for over 2K. The reason being was that they had searched through his nearly 12 years of records and found that he had previously seen a vet for diarrhea. To clarify our dog was bleeding from below and totally dehydrated. His Pancreas readings were high. This had NEVER happened before. Waggel are a terrible insurance company. We have never been given a membership number. Communication has been next to zero, other than to say you are not covered on a first time ever illness. They state diarrhea is connected to his digestive system and so was Pancreatitus. UNBELIEVABLE. We pay £60pm for nothing. Will be cancelling this ASAP. Be warned that they on to a complete scam!

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Val Evans's avatar
Val Evans

Pet Insurance

It's Vegas, all glitz, a few winners but Waggel always win

My experience with Waggel has just proven that insurance is a lot like gambling. They bet my pet will not need their services while tempting me with stories of how they saved the day with poor fluffy got run over and I bet my pet will need their services to cover medical care that may be very expensive and I may not be able to afford. Surely no one wants Fluffy to perish for a lack of room on the credit card?

My claim with Waggel, (incidentally the only insurance claim I have ever made over 40+ years of having a pet), began in September 2020 and took two months to be denied. All through the process, it was up to me to chase up Waggle who blamed my vet for taking so long to send the paperwork but never bothered to chase them up themselves. I had to call Waggle to get them to do put pressure on my vet. According to the emails I received from my vet, they processed the request for my dog's history within 18 of being asked.

In the end, my claim was denied because I had taken my dog for a pre-spay assessment 11 days after purchasing a policy from Waggel. It never occurred to me that taking her in for a routine spay assessment would cancel any later claims. The spay was done 20 days after I bought the policy and 9 months before I made the claim.

The claim was denied and any further claim associated with her entire respiratory system because during the pre-op assessment, the vet discussed the possibility of BOAS and recommended that I have the dog's nostrils opened up during the spay.

Also, because my dog is adopted and the two vets and one nurse who have seen her have differing opinions as to her age (one says she is about 2 to 3, one says she is 4 the other says she is about 5), Waggel have implied that I lied to them and thus my premium will now be increased with a penalty aka charge to change the policy to reflect her true date of birth.

What I find the most interesting about Waggel's claim to be different and their multiple five star reviews is that they encourage you very, very hard to review them as soon as you have purchased a policy and well before you have needed their services. Selling me the policy and taking my money was indeed 5-star easy. Leaving me thousands of pounds of essential medical treatment (which, contrary to their text message denial I did not see coming) and increasing my premium because I do not know my adopted rescue dog's "true" date of birth rates a 1-star experience.

Don't be taken in by their cute terms for things such as "customer champion" or discount offers on buying luxury dog jumpers, Waggle is an insurance company first and foremost. They make their money in getting you to buy premiums and denying large payouts. Before you say but they paid for Fluffy's life saving surgery....think about Vegas. Of course casinos have to let people win now and then, otherwise it would be bad for business, suckers won't put their money down if they think there is no chance of winning. Ultimately they make such a profit that paying a few claims to encourage more customers is how they work. Waggel is no different. Read their carefully curated Facebook group, you will not see one negative word nor indeed will you be able to find a single post about a claim being denied.

So, my experience has been disappointing. Had I waited three more days before a routine surgery assessment then maybe they would have paid the claim made eight months later.... maybe not. Either way, I think my monthly premium is best kept out of their pocket.

Reviewed on 16th November 2020
Marian Crenshaw Austin's avatar
Marian Crenshaw Austin

Super simple and quick

No nonsense pet insurance. We did the whole thing in under 10 mins &it’s been great.

Andela Lukanovic's avatar
Andela Lukanovic

Easy, clear concise

I've not had to make a claim as yet but if claiming is as easy as joining then it'll be a doddle.

JWilson's avatar
JWilson

So easy

Really easy to decide what cover suits me and my pet. Easy to use website and great benefits.

Cheryl 's avatar
Cheryl

Outstanding

We used the free vet service first for our schnauzer which was great then had a claim which was sorted very quickly indeed , we were kept updated every step of the way

Sue Marchant 's avatar
Sue Marchant

Great experience

Waggel know their customers and are friendly yet professional, I would highly recommend them.

Emma Reeve's avatar
Emma Reeve

Pet Insurance

They are so refreshingly different

Even though I could have saved a couple of pounds a month, I went with Waggel as they just seemed so refreshingly different to the rest of pet insurers and they had great reviews too.

Deborah Benbrook's avatar
Deborah Benbrook

Easy Breazy lemon squeazy

Signing up to waggel was a breeze, very easy to understand and customise insurance package.

Mia James's avatar
Mia James

No hassle pet insurance

Easy to set up and control the level of insurance you want

Simon Crompton's avatar
Simon Crompton

Good value dog insurance

I have just insured my second Labrador with Waggle which has proved to be good value compared with other providers.

alan chandler's avatar
alan chandler

Pet Insurance

Helpful insurance who actually care!

From the ease of doing everything on their well laid out website to the perks of the discounts and freebies this insurance has it all! And when I actually had to make a claim it was the SIMPLEST thing I have done for my dog!! The social media aspect also means you can keep up with what the company is doing and the Facebook group is just a paws-itive group for likeminded owners! I recommend to anyone who asks and will be sticking with Waggle for the rest of my dogs life. Oh and the Christmas card to my dog was too much- made us all smile. Thanks Waggle!

Claire's avatar
Claire

Pet Insurance

New customer, won't be going anywhere else

I'm a new pet owner, had our dog for 9 months now and been with Waggel for the duration; I feel what I pay in exchange for the cover I receive, coupled with how friendly the community is and how easy it was to sign up means I won't be looking anywhere else for pet insurance anytime soon!

Killian's avatar
Killian

Pet Insurance

Insurance that gives you extra

Love the interface. There's loadds of free offers and discounts for members and the free video call vet is a idea.

superamazballx's avatar
superamazballx

Easily accessible

Easily accessible and coherent. Thanks!

Keri's avatar
Keri

Pet Insurance

So easy to sign up, great communication, impressed

Read reviews that said how easy it was to sign up for insurance. I didn't really believe how uncomplicated it was until I tried it for myself. All information is in an easy to read format. I haven't needed to make a claim, but so far I'm very imressed.

Liz Moore's avatar
Liz Moore

Pet Insurance

A decent affordable insurance for my Cat

I was a bit stuck as my previous insurance didn’t cover my Cats needs. He is a pedigree and I would need help with vets bills if he needed more than everyday treatment.

Rosamund Morgan's avatar
Rosamund Morgan

Best pet insurance ever

Very easy to join and straight forward. Happy with waggel!

Hoon Yoon's avatar
Hoon Yoon

Great cover, great price

I searched for many hours for suitable pet insurance for my Dachshund puppy. Everywhere I looked didn't offer suitable cover or it was completely unreasonable in price. A friend recommended Waggel and I wasn't disappointed. Great Price, great cover and fab website. I have recommended Waggel to all of my friends.

Noemie Jane Richardson's avatar