Atom Bank Fixed Saver Reviews

Visit website

Atom Bank launched in 2016 with two savings products, their one year fixed saver, and their two year fixed saver. Already an Atom Bank savings customer? Leave a review and let others know about your experience with the ultra-modern banking app. Or are you looking for Atom Bank reviews? See what people are saying below about the one-year fixed savings account. At Smart Money People, we're changing financial services for the better.

Good

Atom Bank Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Your Fixed Saver Reviews

Review Atom Bank's Fixed Saver now

Nightmare

The app might work, but nothing else does. I echo the last reviewer. Every bank needs to have security procedures to avoid fraud but this bank takes it to planet moron. It is impossible to get money out of the fixed saver without practically giving a DNA sample and it's even impossible to pay money in, without being put through forensic processes. They manage to make the simplest of transactions so onerous that basically you just start to lose the will to live. I don't have enough words to describe the idiocy and lack of common sense that prevails in their processes.

Reviewed on 12th December 2020
A.M.O's avatar
A.M.O

Avoid at all cost

If I could give 0 stars I would. I have a fixed rate saver which I have taken out for 12 months at a time. I am currently mid way through my third year with atom. I have tried to take some money out due to financial hardship because of covid. My husband is furloughed and 2 of my adult children have lost their jobs and moved back home. I have sent documentation to show my newly accrued debt but still they will not release my money. People often talk about responsible lending but but what about responsible saving, atom bank are more than happy allow me to to get into debt rather than part with my money.

Reviewed on 14th October 2020
Stephanie Kyle's avatar
Stephanie Kyle

Easy to use

Easy to apply and use app, great customer service

Reviewed on 30th April 2020
Nic's avatar
Nic

App that doesn't work. Poor customer service.

Opened an account 10 months ago. Tried to log on to update my linked current account details , and the App. didn't work. Message saying go to PlayStore to update the App. so I tried. NO NEW APP. AVAILABLE for my device. They had made App. obsolete for Android devices operating on older systems , but NOT bothered to properly notify customers. I downloaded the App. on my mobile 'phone , but it would not recognise my registered face despite 30+ attempts. Their biometrics is crude and rubbish. Most frustrating and disappointing banking experience in 40 years of banking. Avoid this company and look for similar rates elsewhere.

Reviewed on 27th March 2020
Paul Bateson's avatar
Paul Bateson

Watch out for version of operating system you're on

Have been a savings customer for a year or two. Based on interest rate you can't fault them. However the old version of the app was atrocious, obviously written by a child. But they have released a new version which is marginally... Read more

Have been a savings customer for a year or two. Based on interest rate you can't fault them. However the old version of the app was atrocious, obviously written by a child. But they have released a new version which is marginally better.
But as a result one of my devices is no longer supported.
That left me with just smart phone access.
The speed is so slow it's verging on unusable. I'm on Android version 8. It turns out they only fully support the two latest versions.
This is totally unacceptable. I have NO other speed problems with ANY other app.
My device will not be upgraded (Moto), and I'm certainly not buying a new device just because of Atom.
The difference in interest rates is marginal so any new money is going elsewhere.
If national interest rates weren't so low, it wouldn't stand a chance with performance like this. It's entered the market at a good time for them and has effectively a captive audience.

Reviewed on 10th February 2020
Dave's avatar
Dave

Good savings product

A good experience saving for a fixed period of time recommended via Martin Lewis, always a good backing to have! Competitive interest rates for fixed term saving. Track savings via app. Interest rate paid out upon maturity of fixed term.

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Fiona sutherland's avatar
Fiona sutherland

Simple

Really simple and easy to use. My moneys safe and easy to use app

Reviewed on 22nd January 2020
Ema Allan's avatar
Ema Allan

Avoid like the plague

Wish I could give 0 stars to this... Read more

Wish I could give 0 stars to this company.
After signing up to an account with a compatible device and handing over a large sum of money, this company decides to remove support for my device just prior to my account maturing from its fixed period, with no prior warning preventing me accessing my account... Furthermore they do not list which devices are compatible only a list of OS which may be currently supported and no details of how long they will be supported for so i am now expected to go and buy a new device which will probably cost as much as any interest i have earnt in the last 2 years just so i can access my money.
This seems very much like it could be a tactic to keep hold of a customers money for a bank in financial struggles... if i were you i would stay well away!

UPDATE:
I have now been told:
"I understand how frustrating it is when a device that has worked previously no longer supports the App you are using. This can happen when a device or App upgrade takes place. Because of this possibility we do advise on page 3 of your App T&Cs, under the heading Device Compatibility, that customers make sure that they own a compatible device with a compatible operating system for the entire term of any products they may have with us."

Dont try and blame a customer when they conplain... I have kept my device which was compatible for the term of the contract inline with your Terms and conditions, YOU have moved the goalposts!

Reviewed on 21st January 2020
Dan's avatar
Dan

App no longer works

Latest app update 'no longer compatible with my phone' Advice was use another phone, dowload the app on it and see if it will work on it! What a way to run a bank.

Reviewed on 18th January 2020
Grant Webster's avatar
Grant Webster

No hassle

Good value. Hassle free. Excellent customer service.What more do you want?

Reviewed on 15th November 2019
GeordieT's avatar
GeordieT

Simple, competitive, reliable.

As a relatively new bank, you are showing the traditional banks how to offer and support competitive fixed savings products in the market. The investments are backed by FSCS and you are continuing to implement SCA in line with PSD2 as part of your strategy to provide ongoing market leading products. Keep up the good work.

Mike's avatar
Mike

Just super easy

From registering to depositing cash in a matter of minutes.

TomR's avatar
TomR

Such a cool app

A breath of fresh air and looking forward to new products to come

Neil Atkin's avatar
Neil Atkin

Easy, friendly app and great interest rate pay out

I love Atom and can't understand why more savers don't take the plunge and put their money there. They offer good interest rates. It was really easy to set up and I love the app, it's friendly and has never failed to work. What is there not to love.

Reviewed on 21st July 2019
Elayne's avatar
Elayne

Great rates - really useful app

Opened my fixed saver account - was updated along the way by the app and it was really useful to check where I was at different stages. Rate was fantastic and I felt I could trust Atom

Reviewed on 14th January 2019
Jane McPherson's avatar
Jane McPherson

Good rate but not continuously

Great rate on opening but poor rate on renewal

Reviewed on 3rd December 2018
David Underwood's avatar
David Underwood

Excellent bank

The bank offers great rates and also has a great app for access to accounts.

Reviewed on 12th November 2018
Stevemackey's avatar
Stevemackey

Couldn't sign up cos I have no debts

Spent days researching. Signed in and set up account ok but then told owing to a thin credit file my application was declined. Even though I was looking to put money in not take it out. Asked to have my data removed but told they can't do that for 6 years even though I got declined. Staggering.

Reviewed on 11th November 2018
Keith brumpton's avatar
Keith brumpton

Great rate

Great rate, easy App, although the new rates are not so good

Reviewed on 9th November 2018
David Underwood's avatar
David Underwood

Incompetent

Problems, issues, lies but no videotape to record it all. Avoid atom bank if you value your sanity.

Reviewed on 15th October 2018