HSBC Reviews

Ratings based on 1,318 reviews       Last review 6 days ago

HSBC reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about this global banking giant. HSBC says that its purpose is to connect customers to opportunities, enable businesses to thrive and economies to prosper. Do you agree? Smart Money People is the UK's independent financial services review site. Read and write HSBC bank reviews, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

HSBC Review Insight

Features

Business Banking

safegards threaten to clse my account

I banked with hsbc for 28 years savegards gave an ultimatum message online " Do or Die" it was shocking. I am going to move to another organisation to treat me with respect.

Reviewed on 20th September 2021
faical's avatar
faical

Premier

8 Week to open Bank Account

Zero start review. opening joint account is taking more than 2 months and still the saga continue. Every time me we do what they asked us to do then we been told nothing else is required from us in two days everything will be sorted. only after few calls and wait weeks we discover that we are still required to sign mandate documents. went again to the branch and after 50 minutes waiting we been served by probably 19 year old who go no clue on anything related to banking. she is good for doing photocopy only. after long argument with her on the ID we provided the branch manager told her to proceed and she shouldn't have never treated us like this. two weeks later we discover the branch still did not forward the singed document to the main office and we still couldn't have our account open. at least 10 call and complain and all what you get as response is if you are not happy about our service you can complain to the ombudsmen. two weeks later the only advice i can get is to get the document signed again, I am not sure this is correct as every time I call I get different story. I am premier customer with HSBC in over 3 countries and what I get here is second class treatment by unexperienced and unhelpful people all what they know is to say apologies. This is disgrace and everyone work there should be ashamed to work for this organization

Reviewed on 17th September 2021
Mayyad Bader's avatar
Mayyad Bader

Premier

PIMS account

Premier banking has really helped look after my money. I don’t claim to understand it entirely but my manager always puts me at ease and I trust his advice.

Reviewed on 17th September 2021
Anna Jakob's avatar
Anna Jakob

Very poor

Poor no one seems able to take responsibility passed from pillar to post. Still very happy to take my money though.

Very poor

Breakdown Assistance

Very poor customer service

Awful no one takes responsibility, passed from pillar to post. Happy to take my money though.

Breakdown Assistance

absolute disgrace

My son has broken down today and called the breakdown assistance over 5 hours later he has still not received any assistance! this is shambolic service and an absolute disgrace! Shame on you HSBC and the agents you appointed (RAC) hang your heads in... Read more

My son has broken down today and called the breakdown assistance over 5 hours later he has still not received any assistance! this is shambolic service and an absolute disgrace! Shame on you HSBC and the agents you appointed (RAC) hang your heads in shame.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021
Chris Frier's avatar
Chris Frier

Credit Card

A bank that listens to you

Pay attention to the customer's need

Reviewed on 12th September 2021
Savian Ioana's avatar
Savian Ioana

Aim To Please

Honest Safety Bonus Committed = Hsbc Bank. Friendly & Helpfull. My concerns are always dealt with quickly and customer care were the best !

Reviewed on 10th September 2021
Susan R's avatar
Susan R

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Responsive to need

You can have a personal meeting with your mortgage broker and discuss realistic needs

Reviewed on 7th September 2021
Angelina N Gardner's avatar
Angelina N Gardner

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Poor customer service

Despite a relatively straightforward application and approval process, now we have the mortgage, customer services fail to pick up the phone every time we call. I requested they change the bank account they take our payments from, completed on the phone, then continued to come out of the wrong account. Another hour today spent trying to get through to them on the phone and still on hold. When we come to remortgage, we won't be sticking with HSBC.

Reviewed on 6th September 2021
Fed up's avatar
Fed up

Bank Account

Reasonably happy with HSBC'S service.

As above but disappointed with all the branch closures.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Graham White 's avatar
Graham White

Business Banking

Long waiting time - lovely staff

I waited hours to connect to register a new security device. Ben, who dealt with me was the nicest customer service agents I have come across in a very long time. Thanks Ben

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Annie's avatar
Annie

Excellent customer service

Customer support very good with short waiting time to get a real person on the phone.

Reviewed on 27th August 2021
Bobby's avatar
Bobby

Bank Account

All of my accounts have been closed with no notice or reason

All of my bank accounts have been closed, with no notice or explanation given to... Read more

All of my bank accounts have been closed, with no notice or explanation given to me.

I run a business and this has caused me countless problems so I'm only going to mention a few of the major ones.
I don't know which customers have paid for their orders, I'm unable to pay suppliers, I'm unable to repay debt, I'm unable to consitently put food on the table.

This is an abhorrent way to treat a customer of 7+ years. I haven't eaten breakfast in over 4 days, I'm living off hand outs from friends and family and also building up debt with my credit cards... at the same time as being unable to pay them off. I'm unable to put fuel in my car, I'm late with my rent payment.

I cannot put into words the sheer level of stress, anxiety and financial hardship that has been directly caused by this situation.

It's been 7 working days since they closed my accounts, however it was only yesterday that the cheque with my account balance was sent in the post. Letters from HSBC have taken on average 5-7 working days to turn up at my house, this means I will be without access to my personal or business funds for over 14 working days, or 18 calendar days.
(I will update this if/ when the cheque arrives)

In a time where small businesses are already struggling to keep liquid, whether it be the extended lead times on products or unexpected price increases passed on by raw material suppliers along with all the other hurdles, having your account completely shut down with zero notice and no explanation is very, very scary. However unbelievable this may seem, it is in HSBC's terms and conditions that this can be done to anyones account, without notice, or reason. Check for yourself.

Adding to all of this, HSBC refuse to go into the specifics of why my accounts have been terminated. It's gotten to the point that I've had to submit a 'Subject Access Request' regarding all the information that was reviewed that led them to this decision. Whilst requesting this from HSBC I was told by numerous of their staff that HSBC would refuse to give this information, I mentioned that this would be illegal under the freedom of information act 2000 as this gives any individual (data subject) the right to request access to all the information held about them. DO NOT give up when trying to put this request to them, they legally have to do it, but will give you every excuse under the sun as to why they can't do it.

This is easily the worst way I've been treated in my life, either by an individual or organisation.

Save yourself the stress, time and embarrasment and bank with anyone but these jokers.

Reviewed on 26th August 2021
LBR-YT's avatar
LBR-YT

Bank Account

Good app but lacks dashboards

It would be great if HSBC could imitate challenger banks and segment my spending by categories

Reviewed on 25th August 2021
Greg Evans's avatar
Greg Evans

Worst Bank Ever

Poor antifraud measures, poor customer services, prejudiced and favors dirty money over clean money.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
Jimmy Sinclair's avatar
Jimmy Sinclair

Business Banking

How HSBC continue to trade is amazing to me.

A Premier and multiple business accounts holder. HSBC has really shown how little they care about their customers. Its staff have no idea what they are doing, and rather than help, they put you on hold and then 'accidentally' cut you off. ... Read more

With millions about to hit an account, the person handling the account could not be found and a reply from their HSBC email simply said they are no longer handling the account - no forwarding contact or number to call. Their practices have literally cost me money and customers.
As of next week, I am moving all of my business, savings and mortgages, to another bank.
How HSBC continue to trade is amazing to me.
I am in no way embellishing, they are awful to work with; and not cheap.
Adam

Reviewed on 6th August 2021
Adam's avatar
Adam

Good Bank

Never had a problem . Always dealt with correctly .

Reviewed on 4th August 2021
Bernard Cobley's avatar
Bernard Cobley

Fantastic bank

Always have time for you very friendly to good security

Reviewed on 27th July 2021