HSBC Reviews

Ratings based on 1,241 reviews       Last review 3 days ago

HSBC reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about this global banking giant. HSBC says that its purpose is to connect customers to opportunities, enable businesses to thrive and economies to prosper. Do you agree? Smart Money People is the UK's independent financial services review site. Read and write HSBC bank reviews, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

HSBC Review Insight

Features

Bank Account

HSBC has been great but less support

HSBC has been great and respectful to me but when I needed help like overdraft I was given only because of my credit score which is understandable

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Laural 's avatar
Laural

Business Banking

HSBC

I use them online and for basic services, but haven't helped me during the pandemic or when we needed a mortgage!

Matthew Doe's avatar
Matthew Doe

Business Banking

Poor business account .

No help , little support . Phone banking is poor with long waiting times .

alessandropanarese@hotmail.com's avatar
alessandropanarese@hotmail.com

Absolute RUBBISH!

No service and having been with them since 1985! Yes, I have been a loyal customer for over 35 years so I should know, they repeatedly send correspondence requesting over the same issue, it cannot be resolved online, or by " online chat" and when you go to a branch the staff are polite, but they cannot resolve the issue?
I have many other examples and why I am still with them is because it's one of those tasks which you mean to get round to do but I will one day soon, sadly it will make no difference !

Jonathan Thompson's avatar
Jonathan Thompson

Bank Account

Not safe! Supports scammers!

I have been a victim on a HSBC scam, and have lost 5100GBP. Unfortunately HSBC were not enough active to investigate the case, and they did not reimburse me, although HSBC signed the code of Scam prevention. The average waiting time to reach their fraud team is around 5 hours.
There are security glitches in their system, which are welcomed by organized crime, but HSBC did not plan to correct.
It is not safe to keep your money with them.

Reviewed on 3rd April 2021

Reviewed on 30th March 2021
AK's avatar
AK

Helpline Useless

Had a problem with the app and I was on phone for over half an hour trying to fix it. Cost me a lot in call costs, it was their fault and they wouldn't reimburse call cost.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Julia Chaplin's avatar
Julia Chaplin

Premier

Awful, bureaucratic, hellscape

Absolute worst bank I’ve ever used, and I have used many. Seems even the simplest of things is made intentionally hard to do, often gated by tedious process and sometimes even actual paperwork. Support agents often have little to no power to help you solve problems. Stay away. Far far away. Just closing my account took three months of constant fighting - I regret ever having registered.

Christopher Nadeau's avatar
Christopher Nadeau

Investments

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Martina Spitalnikova's avatar
Martina Spitalnikova

Martina Spitalnikova's avatar
Martina Spitalnikova

Superb and good

Beautyful! Very good bank. Good sevices.

Reviewed on 23rd March 2021
Ioan Rosca's avatar
Ioan Rosca

Investments

Este de mare incredere, o recomand cu incredere

Reviewed on 22nd March 2021
Oprea Liliana's avatar
Oprea Liliana

Never got IPO share

This is one of the worst investment tools/ media I've ever used. Applied times of IPO from it, but never ever got it. i will highly recommend you switch to another tools.

Reviewed on 22nd March 2021
JL's avatar
JL

my worst bank

I find HSBC online difficult to register, the wording and descriptions poor. the online service and help poor. Because The staff unable to answer questions and often delegate to other phones that incur more waiting time. Many of the phone staff had poor language and dialect discrepancies leading to confusion.

Reviewed on 21st March 2021
Norman's avatar
Norman

Absolutely LOATHE the app

It is OK to visit the branch - if you fancy waiting an age, not nearly as fast as Barclays when milling about in the... Read more

It is OK to visit the branch - if you fancy waiting an age, not nearly as fast as Barclays when milling about in the queue.
The app is horrendous - all it does is lead you back to external webpage links to their website rather than providing the info in-app before asking you to log back into the app once you close the page.
The login process is a NIGHTMARE! It hardly ever recognizes my login - several others have experienced the same issue too but it is not convenient to go to the bank to unlock your account EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!
The savings aren't amazing but I like that other countries use this bank, i.e. China, which makes the usage a little more smooth.

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Eunice Suitor-Grant's avatar
Eunice Suitor-Grant

Ahmadou

I want to open a bank account in this company

Reviewed on 14th March 2021
Gully Camara's avatar
Gully Camara

Customer

they have a Good customer service

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
Richard yeboah's avatar
Richard yeboah

Wish i could choose 0 stars

WORST BANK IVE EVER USED. I've had money taken from my account that was not me. I was told by a member of staff that the money would be back into my account in 24/48 hours to then ring back 3 days later to be told it was a policy from over a year ago and they have no idea how long it will be until i get my OWN money back! disgusted with this bank and will be swapping ASAP

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
emily 's avatar
emily

Poor systems & services

Archaic computer systems and extremely poonr customer service.

Reviewed on 1st March 2021
Peter Herbert's avatar
Peter Herbert

Good Bank

Banking is perfect and they are safe and secure in maintaining all our personal details. No fraud transactions

Reviewed on 25th February 2021