HSBC Travel Money Reviews

Before we go off on our holiday, there's always a last minute dash for some travel money! With more and more options available, it really does pay to do a bit of research to find the best travel money company. Smart Money People is the place for HSBC travel money reviews. If you've used HSBC travel money before, why not write YOUR own review? You can help other travellers looking for honest HSBC travel money reviews.

Average

HSBC Review Insight

Fees & Charges

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Travel Money Reviews

Review HSBC's Travel Money now

Complain, HSBC blocked (frozen) debit account and ISA account with 2500 pound.

Complain, HSBC blocked (frozen) debit account and ISA account with 2500... Read more

Complain, HSBC blocked (frozen) debit account and ISA account with 2500 pound.
Buyer complaint to her bank saying she never received the parcel when she did the buyer is a dirty lil scammer..
Bank is not helping me at all, I have provided all proof, postage receipt, and conversation between buyer and me on email buyer has admitted that she have received all the packages and very happy about it, I even have a form signed by the buyer confirming that she has received all the packages. Even after providing 27 pages of proof to my bank HSBC I was told theres nothing they could do and the buyer is the one who could help me cancel the dispute at her end if buyer do not cancel the dispute my account would be frozen forever I have been told, dispute has been going on for 13 days and still going on when contacted the buyer she keeps on saying I am so sorry I was confused and buyer keeps on saying she has already spoken to her bank and her bank would contact my bank and my account would be active but my account is still frozen.. buyer keeps on lying to me saying she has already spoken to her bank and everything gonna be fine but its getting worst and worst, now I am in debt because my account is frozen and all credits goes to HSBC clap clap.
I even didn’t receive a letter from HSBC saying the dispute is on and my account is frozen, only found out when I visited my branch, when I requested a letter I have been told sorry we cant give you or send a letter all I wanted was a written letter from HSBC saying my account is frozen…Useless disgraceful staff ever Shame on you HSBC….

HSBC is very unhelpful Bank, and they will treat you like a mug so please be careful before putting your money in HSBC account, I wanted to spread this message because I don’t want you to be the next victim.. HSBC are happy to froze your account so that they could put your hard earned money in their pocket you know economy crisis right..
I need your help guys any suggestions how to resolve this situation would be appreciated big time thank you please write me on misslaura299@outlook.com

Reviewed on 10th August 2016
LAURA's avatar
LAURA

Dire

Ordered £1000 of Euros online and was sent 5 x 200euro notes as part of exchange.As going on holiday clearly very difficult to get anyone to accept this size of note. Phoned to ask if possible to return notes for subsequent return of smaller denomination notes to be told they could not do anything.Total lack of care or customer service.Words fail me.

Reviewed on 29th July 2016
Stephen Coulter's avatar
Stephen Coulter

Dollars in a packet

I urgently needed dollars and HSBC saved me. They have a ready made packs of dollars behind the counter...so so easy.

Reviewed on 26th June 2015
Brian's avatar
Brian

Not the most flexible

I urgently needed some travel money and found HSBC not to be the most flexible in terms of the notice period required to get currency delivered to the branch.

Reviewed on 7th November 2014
John's avatar
John

good for money

They gave me a very good exchange rate

Reviewed on 9th October 2014