HSBC Bank Account Reviews

Ratings based on 776 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

HSBC Bank Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest HSBC Bank Account reviews to find out what life as a HSBC customer is really like. And remember, if you are a HSBC customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of HSBC Bank Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

HSBC Review Insight

Your Bank Account Reviews

Review HSBC's Bank Account now

Death by call centers

Awful experience with HSBC, who have moved all their communications to call centers to save themselves money at the cost of their... Read more

Awful experience with HSBC, who have moved all their communications to call centers to save themselves money at the cost of their customers.

I have been trying to talk to someone about a fraud case for two weeks. I've spoken to people who don't understand the situation, have given me the wrong information, are unable to send an emails, repeatedly forward me to another team.

Had someone panic and shut down my account then accidentally hang up.

Have been told I'll be called within 15 days and then after 15 days been told they're unable to give an estimate for when I'll be contacted.

Have been asked 'so? what do you want us to do about it?' on several occasions trying to report data theft.

All direct questions get answered with irrelevant information to try to divert away from the question.

I have been told my best option is to file a complain and wait 8 weeks for a response, and if I don't get a response... then there's nothing I can do.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2021
Alex's avatar
Alex

Mrs

Mne spadli peňaze do bankomatu a nemôžem ich vibrat lebo som nemohol vibrat peňaze z bankomatu lebo mi spadli dnu v bankomate tak volal som na sekuriti asik 7 krad a to isté mi povedali už čakám 3 mesiace a nic 300 libri mi nedali tak podľa mňa neje dobrá banka HSBC

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Adriana's avatar
Adriana

HSBC BAN BITCOIN USERS

I WANT TO SPEND MY BITCOIN. SADLY, HSBC SUCKS SO I HAVE OPEN A SANTANDER ACCOUNT TO CONVERT MY BITCOIN TO UK POUNDS. HOPEFULLY, WITH INNOVATION AND MASS ADOPTION I WONT HAVE TO CONVERT TO UK POUNDS TO PAY BILLS AND EXPENSES.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
MattBrad's avatar
MattBrad

Hopes and dreams

I moved to HSBC with hopes I could prove myself as a loyal customer and eventually apply for the mortgage with them. I tolerated clumsy app, very polite but not helpful customer service and poorly managed branch service. Then I discovered that no matter how loyal I am, I could still get a better offer via a broker rather than on my own via my bank. And I'm not even going to talk here about their credit card services.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Alex Hess's avatar
Alex Hess

HSBC has been great but less support

HSBC has been great and respectful to me but when I needed help like overdraft I was given only because of my credit score which is understandable

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Laural 's avatar
Laural

Not safe! Supports scammers!

I have been a victim on a HSBC scam, and have lost 5100GBP. Unfortunately HSBC were not enough active to investigate the case, and they did not reimburse me, although HSBC signed the code of Scam prevention. The average waiting time to reach their fraud team is around 5 hours.
There are security glitches in their system, which are welcomed by organized crime, but HSBC did not plan to correct.
It is not safe to keep your money with them.

Reviewed on 3rd April 2021

Reviewed on 30th March 2021
AK's avatar
AK

Helpline Useless

Had a problem with the app and I was on phone for over half an hour trying to fix it. Cost me a lot in call costs, it was their fault and they wouldn't reimburse call cost.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Julia Chaplin's avatar
Julia Chaplin

my worst bank

I find HSBC online difficult to register, the wording and descriptions poor. the online service and help poor. Because The staff unable to answer questions and often delegate to other phones that incur more waiting time. Many of the phone staff had poor language and dialect discrepancies leading to confusion.

Reviewed on 21st March 2021
Norman's avatar
Norman

Absolutely LOATHE the app

It is OK to visit the branch - if you fancy waiting an age, not nearly as fast as Barclays when milling about in the... Read more

It is OK to visit the branch - if you fancy waiting an age, not nearly as fast as Barclays when milling about in the queue.
The app is horrendous - all it does is lead you back to external webpage links to their website rather than providing the info in-app before asking you to log back into the app once you close the page.
The login process is a NIGHTMARE! It hardly ever recognizes my login - several others have experienced the same issue too but it is not convenient to go to the bank to unlock your account EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!
The savings aren't amazing but I like that other countries use this bank, i.e. China, which makes the usage a little more smooth.

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Eunice Suitor-Grant's avatar
Eunice Suitor-Grant

Ahmadou

I want to open a bank account in this company

Reviewed on 14th March 2021
Gully Camara's avatar
Gully Camara

Customer

they have a Good customer service

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
Richard yeboah's avatar
Richard yeboah

Wish i could choose 0 stars

WORST BANK IVE EVER USED. I've had money taken from my account that was not me. I was told by a member of staff that the money would be back into my account in 24/48 hours to then ring back 3 days later to be told it was a policy from over a year ago and they have no idea how long it will be until i get my OWN money back! disgusted with this bank and will be swapping ASAP

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
emily 's avatar
emily

Poor systems & services

Archaic computer systems and extremely poonr customer service.

Reviewed on 1st March 2021
Peter Herbert's avatar
Peter Herbert

Good Bank

Banking is perfect and they are safe and secure in maintaining all our personal details. No fraud transactions

Reviewed on 25th February 2021
rajukelavath1998@gmail.com's avatar
rajukelavath1998@gmail.com

User friendly

Having been an unsatisfied customer of RBS for over 10 years HSBC has been like a breath of fresh air easy to deal with and speedy customer service both online and on the phone.

Reviewed on 15th February 2021
Kim's avatar
Kim

They block legitimate online debit card payments at a whim - disgraceful!

They, without good cause, have declined legitimate debit card transactions made to accounts held by me with other well known High St. banks on a 'spot check' basis, and give NO valid reason (because they have none). They need to remember who's money... Read more

They, without good cause, have declined legitimate debit card transactions made to accounts held by me with other well known High St. banks on a 'spot check' basis, and give NO valid reason (because they have none). They need to remember who's money it is!

Reviewed on 31st January 2021
N. Cox's avatar
N. Cox

Long term user

Good service, been here long time

Reviewed on 31st January 2021
Dan13000's avatar
Dan13000

Poor

Difficult to access , minimal high street service . No loyalty for long term customers

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
Starling banker's avatar
Starling banker

Ehh

Not great, not bad. Does what you expect from a bank, but nothing more.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021