HSBC Bank Account Reviews

Ratings based on 800 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

HSBC Bank Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest HSBC Bank Account reviews to find out what life as a HSBC customer is really like. And remember, if you are a HSBC customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of HSBC Bank Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

HSBC Review Insight

Your Bank Account Reviews

Review HSBC's Bank Account now

Poor customer service overall

Poor customer service overall, hard to reach, and sometimes difficult to understand

Reviewed on 11th July 2021
Adrian's avatar
Adrian

ACCOUNT SHUT NO REASON

Current account with large + balance shut for no reason leaving me totally in the lurch as I was moving home. All requests for reason refused.

Reviewed on 2nd July 2021
martin stringer's avatar
martin stringer

Death by call centers

Awful experience with HSBC, who have moved all their communications to call centers to save themselves money at the cost of their... Read more

Awful experience with HSBC, who have moved all their communications to call centers to save themselves money at the cost of their customers.

I have been trying to talk to someone about a fraud case for two weeks. I've spoken to people who don't understand the situation, have given me the wrong information, are unable to send an emails, repeatedly forward me to another team.

Had someone panic and shut down my account then accidentally hang up.

Have been told I'll be called within 15 days and then after 15 days been told they're unable to give an estimate for when I'll be contacted.

Have been asked 'so? what do you want us to do about it?' on several occasions trying to report data theft.

All direct questions get answered with irrelevant information to try to divert away from the question.

I have been told my best option is to file a complain and wait 8 weeks for a response, and if I don't get a response... then there's nothing I can do.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2021
Alex's avatar
Alex

Mrs

Mne spadli peňaze do bankomatu a nemôžem ich vibrat lebo som nemohol vibrat peňaze z bankomatu lebo mi spadli dnu v bankomate tak volal som na sekuriti asik 7 krad a to isté mi povedali už čakám 3 mesiace a nic 300 libri mi nedali tak podľa mňa neje dobrá banka HSBC

Adriana's avatar
Adriana

HSBC is not business friendly

HSBC is run as a faceless organisation. HSBC does not treat their customers fairly, there is a secrecy culture in the bank, they send letters to customers not signed by anyone. HSBC staff will not give you their full names nor direct phone number. Activities are conducted without informing the client properly, they treat clients like criminals. We will never recommend HSBC to any one. We believe the government or Financial services authority should investigate the workings of the bank and how they interact with their customers. Their own staff even say that the bank does not care. They are quite willing to damage the reputation and business of their customers without any explanation. The experience was traumatic, HSBC damaged our reputation and business and there was nothing we could do about it.

Lola's avatar
Lola

Dreadful Bank

My family have used HSBC for years but since 2017 it has gone down rapidly- poor service- bad attitude- closed local branches with little warning.

Barry Jordan 's avatar
Barry Jordan

CA FART MON POULET

It's there for giving a good reason to be a winner!! Never let you down!!!

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Ion Ilie 's avatar
Ion Ilie

HSBC BAN BITCOIN USERS

I WANT TO SPEND MY BITCOIN. SADLY, HSBC SUCKS SO I HAVE OPEN A SANTANDER ACCOUNT TO CONVERT MY BITCOIN TO UK POUNDS. HOPEFULLY, WITH INNOVATION AND MASS ADOPTION I WONT HAVE TO CONVERT TO UK POUNDS TO PAY BILLS AND EXPENSES.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
MattBrad's avatar
MattBrad

Simple and secure, just as promised by HSBC

Professional app with no unnecessary products advertising. I just love the fact that what is needed in the HSBC app is included in the HSBC app, no unnecessary features like other bank who are trying to show they are changing for a future forgetting who they really are.

Sajjad's avatar
Sajjad

Got this e- mail from Monzo.

I have a few current accounts and while Monzo really trailblazed a few years ago with their app the others have now caught up. I have an RBS, HSBC, Barclays and Monzo current account - quite a lot I know, no money though(!) - and HSBC is the best one, RBS is close at their heels. Monzo has no branches and the customer support isn’t great, just get an in-app text message saying “Hi C, sorry we can’t help you atm, we’re working on it” when I asked for my Iban number.

HSBC on the other hand have people on the phone, you sometimes have to hang up and try again to get one who can speak English, but they do at least have them.

Chris Loftus's avatar
Chris Loftus

Hopes and dreams

I moved to HSBC with hopes I could prove myself as a loyal customer and eventually apply for the mortgage with them. I tolerated clumsy app, very polite but not helpful customer service and poorly managed branch service. Then I discovered that no matter how loyal I am, I could still get a better offer via a broker rather than on my own via my bank. And I'm not even going to talk here about their credit card services.

Alex Hess's avatar
Alex Hess

HSBC has been great but less support

HSBC has been great and respectful to me but when I needed help like overdraft I was given only because of my credit score which is understandable

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Laural 's avatar
Laural

Banking with HSBC

HSBC has always offered me flexibility and reliability when banking with them. Their online services means that I can bank anytime, wherever I am which is great. Their banks also still offer face to face assistance which is one thing I love !

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Fergus's avatar
Fergus

Easy and Friendly

Been with HSBC for 15 years now (My first bank) The staff have always been welcoming and friendly. My wife uses another bank, and the level of service and ease of use is nowhere near as good as HSBC

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Adam Parker 's avatar
Adam Parker

Not safe! Supports scammers!

I have been a victim on a HSBC scam, and have lost 5100GBP. Unfortunately HSBC were not enough active to investigate the case, and they did not reimburse me, although HSBC signed the code of Scam prevention. The average waiting time to reach their fraud team is around 5 hours.
There are security glitches in their system, which are welcomed by organized crime, but HSBC did not plan to correct.
It is not safe to keep your money with them.

Reviewed on 3rd April 2021
Jan's avatar
Jan

Rare experience with any finance product

The key consideration from a finance product is that it works and does not need me to phone up anyone. This product fits my requirements. I don't have many situations where I have needed to call.... Read more

The user experience could be better as its just cluttered with irrelevant options, but its much much better than other bank apps which are absolute rubbish.

Reviewed on 1st April 2021
Adan's avatar
Adan

A good bank for my parents

I have now switched to Starling but I know that my mum and dad love HSBC. They prefer to have that face to face chat and HSBC provide an excellent in store customer service.

Reviewed on 1st April 2021

Reviewed on 30th March 2021
AK's avatar
AK

Helpline Useless

Had a problem with the app and I was on phone for over half an hour trying to fix it. Cost me a lot in call costs, it was their fault and they wouldn't reimburse call cost.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Julia Chaplin's avatar
Julia Chaplin

Best bank ever

The secure bank account with great customer services

Reviewed on 24th March 2021