HSBC Bank Account Reviews

Ratings based on 814 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

HSBC Bank Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest HSBC Bank Account reviews to find out what life as a HSBC customer is really like. And remember, if you are a HSBC customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of HSBC Bank Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

HSBC Review Insight

Your Bank Account Reviews

Review HSBC's Bank Account now

Shocking service

I disputed a payment and sent in any relevant attachments to support my case. I was credited the amount back to my card. Now the amount has been debited again with no explanation. Spoke to customer services yesterday, who placed me on hold for over an hour and left me hanging I had to cut off and call again. This time I went though security was told to hold while they investigated my query, 20 mins later the representative came back to go through security again? And then said okay I'll stick you on hold and go and investigate.... is it just me or is this shocking customer service. I said I wanted to log a complaint, this was ignored, I was told can't investigate right now as can't get through to the department and that she would call back once she gets through the whole day passed and I received no call. I called at 8.45 am this morning again and the same has happened again I've been on hold for over 2 hours 30 mins and I'm still on hold... nobody is taking ownership nobody wants to help it's all passing customers around here there and everywhere. I've been with the bank for years spend and paid hundreds of thousands of pounds with them if this continues I will have to close my holdings and move to another bank with customers at the heart of there business. I'm shocked and I don't have words to describe how disappointed I am with HSBC

Reviewed on 19th October 2021
Timesh Patel's avatar
Timesh Patel

Very good bank Very happy always reply quickly and loads better than my previous bank

Reviewed on 8th October 2021

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
venugopalan muralidharan's avatar
venugopalan muralidharan

Easy to use

Easy mobile app, great to be able to use post offices to deposit cash and larger cheques which cannot be deposit through the app, and easy to get someone to help online through the live chat system

Reviewed on 7th October 2021
Cath webb's avatar
Cath webb

Would give 0 if had an option

Been customer for this bank for last 17 years and all of the sudden all my accounts was closed with no reason given just like that .

Reviewed on 29th September 2021
Arturas's avatar
Arturas

Aim To Please

Honest Safety Bonus Committed = Hsbc Bank. Friendly & Helpfull. My concerns are always dealt with quickly and customer care were the best !

Reviewed on 10th September 2021
Susan R's avatar
Susan R

Reasonably happy with HSBC'S service.

As above but disappointed with all the branch closures.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Graham White 's avatar
Graham White

Excellent customer service

Customer support very good with short waiting time to get a real person on the phone.

Reviewed on 27th August 2021
Bobby's avatar
Bobby

All of my accounts have been closed with no notice or reason

All of my bank accounts have been closed, with no notice or explanation given to... Read more

All of my bank accounts have been closed, with no notice or explanation given to me.

I run a business and this has caused me countless problems so I'm only going to mention a few of the major ones.
I don't know which customers have paid for their orders, I'm unable to pay suppliers, I'm unable to repay debt, I'm unable to consitently put food on the table.

This is an abhorrent way to treat a customer of 7+ years. I haven't eaten breakfast in over 4 days, I'm living off hand outs from friends and family and also building up debt with my credit cards... at the same time as being unable to pay them off. I'm unable to put fuel in my car, I'm late with my rent payment.

I cannot put into words the sheer level of stress, anxiety and financial hardship that has been directly caused by this situation.

It's been 7 working days since they closed my accounts, however it was only yesterday that the cheque with my account balance was sent in the post. Letters from HSBC have taken on average 5-7 working days to turn up at my house, this means I will be without access to my personal or business funds for over 14 working days, or 18 calendar days.
(I will update this if/ when the cheque arrives)

In a time where small businesses are already struggling to keep liquid, whether it be the extended lead times on products or unexpected price increases passed on by raw material suppliers along with all the other hurdles, having your account completely shut down with zero notice and no explanation is very, very scary. However unbelievable this may seem, it is in HSBC's terms and conditions that this can be done to anyones account, without notice, or reason. Check for yourself.

Adding to all of this, HSBC refuse to go into the specifics of why my accounts have been terminated. It's gotten to the point that I've had to submit a 'Subject Access Request' regarding all the information that was reviewed that led them to this decision. Whilst requesting this from HSBC I was told by numerous of their staff that HSBC would refuse to give this information, I mentioned that this would be illegal under the freedom of information act 2000 as this gives any individual (data subject) the right to request access to all the information held about them. DO NOT give up when trying to put this request to them, they legally have to do it, but will give you every excuse under the sun as to why they can't do it.

This is easily the worst way I've been treated in my life, either by an individual or organisation.

Save yourself the stress, time and embarrasment and bank with anyone but these jokers.

Reviewed on 26th August 2021
LBR-YT's avatar
LBR-YT

Good app but lacks dashboards

It would be great if HSBC could imitate challenger banks and segment my spending by categories

Reviewed on 25th August 2021
Greg Evans's avatar
Greg Evans

Worst Bank Ever

Poor antifraud measures, poor customer services, prejudiced and favors dirty money over clean money.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
Jimmy Sinclair's avatar
Jimmy Sinclair

Good Bank

Never had a problem . Always dealt with correctly .

Reviewed on 4th August 2021
Bernard Cobley's avatar
Bernard Cobley

Fantastic bank

Always have time for you very friendly to good security

Reviewed on 27th July 2021
Karen 's avatar
Karen

Very good and listened to problems

I had been scammed and they put me straight through the fraud department

Reviewed on 27th July 2021
Karen 's avatar
Karen

Poor customer service overall

Poor customer service overall, hard to reach, and sometimes difficult to understand

Reviewed on 11th July 2021
Adrian's avatar
Adrian

ACCOUNT SHUT NO REASON

Current account with large + balance shut for no reason leaving me totally in the lurch as I was moving home. All requests for reason refused.

Reviewed on 2nd July 2021
martin stringer's avatar
martin stringer

Death by call centers

Awful experience with HSBC, who have moved all their communications to call centers to save themselves money at the cost of their... Read more

Awful experience with HSBC, who have moved all their communications to call centers to save themselves money at the cost of their customers.

I have been trying to talk to someone about a fraud case for two weeks. I've spoken to people who don't understand the situation, have given me the wrong information, are unable to send an emails, repeatedly forward me to another team.

Had someone panic and shut down my account then accidentally hang up.

Have been told I'll be called within 15 days and then after 15 days been told they're unable to give an estimate for when I'll be contacted.

Have been asked 'so? what do you want us to do about it?' on several occasions trying to report data theft.

All direct questions get answered with irrelevant information to try to divert away from the question.

I have been told my best option is to file a complain and wait 8 weeks for a response, and if I don't get a response... then there's nothing I can do.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2021
Alex's avatar
Alex

Mrs

Mne spadli peňaze do bankomatu a nemôžem ich vibrat lebo som nemohol vibrat peňaze z bankomatu lebo mi spadli dnu v bankomate tak volal som na sekuriti asik 7 krad a to isté mi povedali už čakám 3 mesiace a nic 300 libri mi nedali tak podľa mňa neje dobrá banka HSBC

Adriana's avatar
Adriana

HSBC is not business friendly

HSBC is run as a faceless organisation. HSBC does not treat their customers fairly, there is a secrecy culture in the bank, they send letters to customers not signed by anyone. HSBC staff will not give you their full names nor direct phone number. Activities are conducted without informing the client properly, they treat clients like criminals. We will never recommend HSBC to any one. We believe the government or Financial services authority should investigate the workings of the bank and how they interact with their customers. Their own staff even say that the bank does not care. They are quite willing to damage the reputation and business of their customers without any explanation. The experience was traumatic, HSBC damaged our reputation and business and there was nothing we could do about it.

Lola's avatar
Lola

Dreadful Bank

My family have used HSBC for years but since 2017 it has gone down rapidly- poor service- bad attitude- closed local branches with little warning.

Barry Jordan 's avatar