MCE Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 64 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

MCE Insurance reviews can help you to become Smart Money People by finding out what other MCE Insurance policy holders have to say. If you've used MCE to ensure your bike, why not share your experience with us. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review platform. Help us to make financial services more transparent by writing your MCE Insurance reviews here today.

Poor

MCE Insurance Products 64

Flexable Cancellation fees!

Canceled a policy after just 3 months and guess what...No Refund due! £150 stolen for just 3 months cover.... Company policy is to give No One any Refund's no mater what's been paid or how many months are left to run. I'd avoid this company at all co Read more

Company policy is to give No One any Refund's no mater what's been paid or how many months are left to run. I'd avoid this company at all cost's....

Reviewed on 22nd July 2022
Andrew Herbert's avatar
Andrew Herbert

Absolutely Disgusting

Got a bike policy 5 months ago and paid in full after company went into administration. Sold the bike and they told me I’m entitled to £5 out of £395 after 5 months. Charged £90 admin fee! Absolutely disgraceful company. Be aware!

Reviewed on 2nd July 2022
Soudeem 's avatar
Soudeem

Motorbike

Would give less stars if possible

This company are awful and will charge an admin fee even if the fault is there own as they know they can cancel your policy if you do not comply. DO NOT USE THEM AVOID AVOID AVOID

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
MB's avatar
MB

Well

This company cancelled my insurance on 31/1/22, i asked and asked for my NCD so i could get insurance sorted, WELL WELL WELL they sent it to me 2 MONTHS after! What good is that? They knew this was happening so could have set up emails in advance to send Read more

This company cancelled my insurance on 31/1/22, i asked and asked for my NCD so i could get insurance sorted, WELL WELL WELL they sent it to me 2 MONTHS after! What good is that? They knew this was happening so could have set up emails in advance to send out, but no, at least i didn't lose my 9 years +, but I'll never use them again! Insure with these people at your own risk..........

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
Bob Harte's avatar
Bob Harte

Don't buy this insurance

They stole my money. Costumers service run by idiots

Reviewed on 29th March 2022
Blazej Cwiklinski's avatar
Blazej Cwiklinski

On a par with P&O

EVERYTHING designed to get as much out of the customer without a care for them! AVOID!!! Only 1 star as 0 stars not available

Reviewed on 26th March 2022
Getitsorted's avatar
Getitsorted

Avoid MCE at all costs

MCE might look like a great deal as their prices are low, however, when it comes to making a claim they will do anything and everything to get out of it. PLEASE do your research on this company before taking out a policy. Go and have a look at the Faceboo Read more

MCE might look like a great deal as their prices are low, however, when it comes to making a claim they will do anything and everything to get out of it. PLEASE do your research on this company before taking out a policy. Go and have a look at the Facebook pages and read the other reviews. Insurance is something we hope we'll never need, but in my experience, MCE are not a company that you want to deal with in your moment of need. They recently went into administration but are still trading. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Reviewed on 23rd March 2022
rob biker's avatar
rob biker

MCE insurance rip off

Phoned to cancel my insurance today, Paid £226 last month for insurance, cancelled today a month later, how much do I get back £45!! Absolute rip off this company is!!

Reviewed on 9th March 2022
kenny Henderson's avatar
kenny Henderson

Motorbike

MCE takes customer service to a new, low level

When the motorbike insurer MCE used went bust, we were not able to contact them to find out what was going on. It was simply impossible - I waited twice for over an hour. Don't expect customer service from them!

Reviewed on 2nd March 2022
stephen godwin's avatar
stephen godwin

Motorbike

A copy of the reply sent to these Scammers

I would like the complaint to be continued and i would like to appeal your decision. The payment due date was the 26th Feb. So in layman's terms i have until at least the close of office hours to pay the instalment. Which i tried to do. So the p Read more

The payment due date was the 26th Feb.
Which i tried to do.
So the payment would not be missed.
Your terms say "the payment could be taken between 0600 and 0800 on the due day, but may on occasion be taken later that day"

Ok so what your saying is, its ok for MCE to take the payment at any time on the due date when it suits them.
But its not ok for the customer to pay at any time on the due date.
And every other company who i have had dealings with.
If the first payment is declined. They will then attempt to take the payment later on that day.
Due to the fact some people may not get paid until noon etc.

But MCE dont do that do they. You are happy to re apply for the payment on another day once the rip off £30 admin charge has been applied.
So it proves you have the ability to re apply for the payment.
In my opinion the whole thing stinks. Its not about the £30 rip off admin fee.
Its about the fact its designed to rip off and catch out your customers.

My wages were in my bank at 0900 that day. I offered to pay the monthly instalment on the due day.
But MCE refused to accept the payment without adding the rip off £30 admin fee.

I will make it my goal to leave as many reviews on as many review sites.
Highlighting this SCAM MCE are running so that other potential customers are fully aware of the SCAM before they sign up with MCE

It just highlights the poor customer service and shows that MCE see customers as cash cows to try and screw as much money as they can out of.
At the end of the day the payment date was 26th Feb. I offered to pay the instalment on the 26th Feb.
MCE would not take the payment unless i paid the rip off admin fee.
Your terms in basic English say "its ok for MCE to decide what time they take the payment, but the customer has no choice"
Like it or lump it the computer says NO as the old saying goes and screw the customer.

Iam just grateful and pray to God i never ever have the misfortune to have to make a claim on my insurance.
Because i didnt dot the "i" in my name Justin would probably invalidate the insurance.

Reviewed on 28th February 2022
Justin Jones's avatar
Justin Jones

Awful insurance company

Terrible insurer, their under writers went bust so all their customers had to find insurance elsewhere, even though mce actually didn't go bust, it was mce who took my payments for both my policies, not their underwriters, but somehow they legally kept al Read more

Terrible insurer, their under writers went bust so all their customers had to find insurance elsewhere, even though mce actually didn't go bust, it was mce who took my payments for both my policies, not their underwriters, but somehow they legally kept all payments and expect FSCS to refund 90% to their customers? How is 90% fair? It should be 100% seeing as MCE aren't actually bust, Mce should be made to legally refund everyone! Especially as they aren't actually bust, taking payments and keeping everything then making all customers pay again to get new policies..

DONT TRUST THIS INSURERER.

I have lost one year no claims too now and also they have ignored all my requests to send me my current NCD certificates, I would of had 3 years NCD now but after almost 3 years according to their website I will only have 2 years.

But I can't even get them as they are completely ignoring my emails and phone calls.

DO NOT USE MCE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5th February 2022
Danny's avatar
Danny

Motorbike

Wish I could give zero stars

Avoid at all costs for the obvious reasons that they conned over 100.000 people out of insurance premiums. Please never ever consider using them I have lost out on another years ncd because of them.

Reviewed on 3rd February 2022
Michael's avatar
Michael

Terrible

Very Dissatisfied, Certainly never use again!!

Simon Holding's avatar
Simon Holding

waste of time

stay away from mce they tell lies and cancel your policy without notice and refuse a refund.

Andrew Richards's avatar
Andrew Richards

Motorbike

Initially cheap but worth far less

Paid for insurance, company went bust (refunds being processed by the fscs), same named company now wanting me to reinsure with them? Not trust worthy.

Griff barnes's avatar
Griff barnes

Motorbike

Cancelled my policy then tool my money

They cancelled my policy as they gone bust - then took money from my bank for cover they aren't providing! Fraudsters. Thieves. I've reported this to my bank and may refer thus to the insurance ombudsman and police.

Reviewed on 26th January 2022
K M's avatar
K M

Motorbike

Stay clear of this company

Overview Reviews About MCE Insurance MCE Insurance Reviews 7,368 • Average TrustScore 3.5 out of 5 3.5 In the Insurance agency category www.mceinsur ance.com Asking for reviews Verified additional company details See busine Read more

Overview

Search reviews

Wish Leroy
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
9 minutes ago
If there was a rating any lower than 1…
If there was a rating any lower than 1 then I would rate mce as -10
Stay clear of this insurance broker ,you can never get through on the phone and live chat is next to useless ,they are thieves I had 2 insurance with this company 1 insurance was for my honda vfr800 which I paid in full but had to cancel the insurance policy due to selling the bike they owe me 7 months worth of insurance, I cancelled the insurance in on 7th November 2021 it is now 24 January 2022 and still no sign of a refund, my other insurance was for a 125cc scooters I use for food deliveries which was very expensive £1500 but I paid that on a monthly basis, phoned them today and spoke to 5 different people to try and sort out WHY IVE NOT BEEN REFUNDED ON MY CANCELLED POLICY, was on the phone for well over 2 hours and by the looks of it I will not be getting a refund on the insurance I cancelled also they deal with company that are going bankrupt STAY CLEAR OF MCE they are not worth the headache or your time effort or money ,and if mce reads this please note I will not stop until I get my refund, and you will never have my business or money again ever ,this is the worst insurance company I've ever had to deal with, there staff barely speaks English nor understand English

Reviewed on 24th January 2022
Lee Lee Matthews's avatar
Lee Lee Matthews

Motorbike

Calling them 'scammers' is too polite.

Having changed to a cheaper, smaller, much slower bike, my premium with MCE inexplicably went up (I didn't have time to shop around). Then I needed to notify them of a change of address... £80 admin fee please. Shortly after that I was emailed several tim Read more

Having changed to a cheaper, smaller, much slower bike, my premium with MCE inexplicably went up (I didn't have time to shop around). Then I needed to notify them of a change of address... £80 admin fee please. Shortly after that I was emailed several times to say that although MCE were facing financial problems, my insurance policy would be unaffected for it's duration. Not soon after:"Your insurance will be cancelled on the 31st January 2022". To top it all off, i'm now under the understanding that my no-claims bonus for this year has been messed up too. So they must have known they were in trouble when they were over-charging me left, right and centre. Oh and MCE (UK) even had the nerve to suggest that I get a renewal quote from them because they are a seperate company to the MCE that's gone into liquidation... Well, guess what, any insurance company with 'MCE' in the name... well, you can guess what i'm thinking. Absolutely dispicable thieving scum.

Reviewed on 23rd January 2022
Matt W's avatar
Matt W

Awful

avoid this company, scam, rip off, liars etc

Reviewed on 14th January 2022
Paterno Zuara's avatar
Paterno Zuara

Another ripped off

Avoid MCE at all costs, the underwriter going bust will cost many of us dearly in time/money. The MCE Broker still exisits but is no help whatsoever. Avoid like the plauge.

Reviewed on 12th January 2022