Amigo Loans Guarantor Loan Reviews

Ratings based on 4,832 reviews       Last review 1 month ago

Our Amigo guarantor loan reviews can help you to find out what life as a Amigo Loans customer is really like. Wondering if this loan is right for you? See what people are saying about interest rates, guarantors, and whatever else they likes or disliked, and if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Amigo Loans Review Insight

Best Guarantor Loan Provider Winner of "Best Guarantor Loan Provider" at the Consumer Credit Awards 2017.

Your Guarantor Loan Reviews

4,832 reviews

Review Amigo Loans's Guarantor Loan now

Uncaring bullying company

From a 5k loan, I still have another 5k interest to pay. When I called Amigo to advise that I was struggling, they said I clearly couldn't afford it, and they would approach my Guarantor for the repayments - this being my friend and boss!! I cried and begged them not to do this, and told them I had "forgotten" to include another source of income I had. This was a complete lie, but I felt I had no choice. I had to keep up the repayments myself.
I would never recommend this company to anyone, except maybe my ex, as he deserves it

Reviewed on 8th June 2021
Rachel's avatar
Rachel

Calling All Potential Customers: Avoid at all cost! (Read Below)

These scammers mis-sell their loans and then make you pay triple the amount you originally borrowed! Stay away from this company, they will tie you up for years! I took out a loan for 10k based on them telling me I can afford it and staff encouraged me to tweak my incomings to stand a chance of acceptance, since receiving the loan I have paid nearly 20k with still over a year and a half to go.

The payments I have made for a £10,000 loan is disproportionate and not justifiable by any means. Check this out – I have made the following payments to date:

£237.15 pm (£6k original loan) payments made from Nov 1 2016 to May 2017 = £1,660.05

£395.25 pm (inc £4k top-up = £10k total borrowed) payments made from July 2017 to Current = £17,785.75

£1,660.05 + £17,785.75 = Total Paid: £19,445.80

Absolute bonkers I know.

I’ll probably end up paying them near 25k, imagine that for a 10k loan. I have reported them to FCA and have asked Financial Ombudsman Service to look into my complaint, I will take them to court if that’s the last option I have. Take a loan out with them at your own peril!

For pre-existing customers please vote NO at the Scheme of Arrangement consultation and let’s collectively shut this company down, they want you to believe you will get a refund but for the good of humanity this company should not be operating. It is well documented they are already holding up payments for those that have won their cases with FOS and they will further delay payouts. It is better to take a hit on the finance than leave the company operating without impunity. I have suffered from health issues trying to pay this company back. They do not deserve to be open and serving the population of this great country.

Reviewed on 12th April 2021
Faizal Abubaker's avatar
Faizal Abubaker

Adrian Puiu

I am very pleased with this borrowed Amigo

Reviewed on 26th August 2020
Puiu Adrian's avatar
Puiu Adrian

Very helpful and clear information provided

Excellent customer service, quick lending process, easy access in my account.

Reviewed on 24th August 2020
Alfredo 's avatar
Alfredo

Very friendly and helpful

Always very helpful and friendly the explain everything very clearly and if in difficulty paying the will sort out a payment for you

Reviewed on 15th August 2020
Carolanne Rose's avatar
Carolanne Rose

Life saver

Thanks to amigo loans they have saved my life with the money I got from them I could pay off my bills and keep a roof over my family thank you so much

Reviewed on 25th January 2020
Jose Marcio Gois Martins's avatar
Jose Marcio Gois Martins

It shouldnt be so difiicult when the crises arrive.

I most say i didnt work with then yet. Havent said that. Every time i decide to go on my application . They really take serious the part of help. Its alway so fast . I looking foward to soon work with Amigo.

Reviewed on 17th December 2019
Marcio Teixe's avatar
Marcio Teixe

Always wanting to help others

Very easy and quick response and always gives me alerts to let me know when next payment is due very good company

Reviewed on 7th December 2019
Elkie hollings 's avatar
Elkie hollings

Extremely helpful

This has been fantastic for helping me sort out my finances

Reviewed on 6th December 2019
James Calton's avatar
James Calton

Getting a loan through Amigo loans was simple, easy and quick.

Customer service was brilliant, I found it easy and very quick to get a loan. I get a monthly text when Amigo loans take the payment. I can pay a bit extra to clear my balance quicker.

Reviewed on 12th November 2019
Tomas 's avatar
Tomas

The only loan company I have used without any issues , great customer service and no waitin about , will continue to use amigo in the future

Reviewed on 19th September 2019
Lisa d's avatar
Lisa d

Friendly and quick

Amigo we’re very helpful on the phone when they called. It was very simple to process the loan I got and everything went through smoothly. Great service.

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
A price's avatar
A price

Very friendly service!

Great service and are with you every step of the way- very quick to reply to emails and get everything sorted!

Reviewed on 28th August 2019
MattyG's avatar
MattyG

Very excellent

Really great full for there help and the way they work with there teams

Reviewed on 20th August 2019
Matty's avatar
Matty

Great Service! I’d recommend to anybody who thinks about loans!

Reviewed on 15th August 2019
Jozsef Pelles's avatar
Jozsef Pelles

Highly recommend

Quick and easy to apply and I received my loan within a hour. Great repayment system.

Reviewed on 30th July 2019
Kayleigh Shaw's avatar
Kayleigh Shaw

Best ever

Exceptional service due to very understanding advisor’s distributing a fast same day payout I have always heard good comments about amigo loans

Reviewed on 28th July 2019
Tony Johnson's avatar
Tony Johnson

Easy and friendly

It was an easy process but it did take longer then advised but apart from that it was friendly and fairly simple application.

Reviewed on 28th July 2019
PARVEEN 's avatar
PARVEEN

Absolutely fantastic service!

I needed a loan to get a new vehicle as mine had issues. They made the process simple and easy had it all sorted within 3 days absolutely brilliant and a life saver!

Reviewed on 25th July 2019
Jaybez's avatar
Jaybez

Wow

Really didnt think I would get a loan ever but amigo have give me the chance 2 prove myself and I'm so so thankful

Reviewed on 25th July 2019