Bikesure Motorbike Reviews

Our Bikesure Motorbike reviews can help you to find out what life as a Bikesure customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Poor

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Motorbike Reviews

Review Bikesure's Motorbike now

Scam of a company

Avoid!!! Cancelled my policy and refused refund. Go to umbudsman let’s get them closed down.

Reviewed on 23rd May 2022
NO More Dust's avatar
NO More Dust

They are pilfering money by intimidating people

Their business model is giving cheap insurance. Then pilfering money by intimidating people. 1) They canceled none sense. 2)Canceled due to my address is not the same as my driver's license. 3)They asked for documents. 4)They did not like documents. Read more

1) They canceled none sense.
2)Canceled due to my address is not the same as my driver's license.
3)They asked for documents.
4)They did not like documents.
5)My locked garage seems not locked for them so they want me to pay more.

Reviewed on 16th March 2022

Dovisbikes

I just love fixing bikes in free time since when I was a little boy

Reviewed on 9th March 2022
dovydasseilius1@gmail.com's avatar
dovydasseilius1@gmail.com

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Beware you have been warned !!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever you do, do not go with this company. Bunch of crooks which is mild to say least. Policy number Policy Number 52177462591 so you know who I am. Insurance was paid to start today, recieved email urgent Read more

Beware you have been warned !!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever you do, do not go with this company.
Bunch of crooks which is mild to say least.
Policy number Policy Number
52177462591 so you know who I am.
Insurance was paid to start today, recieved email
urgently to contact them as they said my insurance could be nil and void. Contacted them and they said that the bike I insured was a Kawasaki W800 cafe and not a W800 only however when I put the registration in it clearly said the cafe model so I didnt know what they were on about therefore they could not charge me anymore on this matter. So then they tried to get me on being retired which I also declared and that I had a part-time job which also I told them and that is what my quote was based on.
They tried to charge an extra £70 to keep the policy or cancel for £60 plus £28.27 for one days insurance.
I argued my case asked for line manager and low and behold not available. When I said small claims court Anika who I was talking with said they will drop the £60 charge and so I will only have to pay the one days insurance which is out of order for a void policy but I dont seem to have any choice to get away from this crooked company.
Beware you have been warned!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9th February 2022
Chetnick's avatar
Chetnick

Scammers - beware

The same as all the other reviews - you purchase a policy online and are then asked to phone them to clarify some details. They then scrutinise your details and ask for more money. On asking to cancel there is a £60 admin fee (buried somewhere in there t& Read more

The same as all the other reviews - you purchase a policy online and are then asked to phone them to clarify some details. They then scrutinise your details and ask for more money. On asking to cancel there is a £60 admin fee (buried somewhere in there t&c’s)
Do not buy anything through this company

Reviewed on 26th January 2022
Nick Blake's avatar
Nick Blake

Terrible experience - are they even legal ?

I had to find new Motorbike insurance after MCE (Gibraltar) went into administration. When running comparison, Bikesure came up with the lowest quotes on Gocompare. Clicked through and was taken to the Bikesure website (no options were given to change any Read more

I had to find new Motorbike insurance after MCE (Gibraltar) went into administration. When running comparison, Bikesure came up with the lowest quotes on Gocompare. Clicked through and was taken to the Bikesure website (no options were given to change any details passed through from Gocompare website). I purchased a new insurance starting from 1st Feb - problems started here !!

A day later, I got a message waring that insure might be cancelled and asking to call them back. When I rang them back, I was told that I am going to be charged an additional £50 odd as I had not declared a third party claim. I went back onto the data entered on gocompare and there you go - claim was always there !!. Upon challenging this, they backed off (They couldn't clearly identify, where they received the data from).

Then they started their pressure selling to get me to spend another £70 odd to buy their excess protection, I declined which they were not happy about. This was followed by a lengthy description of all the ways in which a claim will be invalid. At this point, I had started losing confidence in them as an insurer. Just felt like they were lining up excuses to get out of any claims. I was then asked to provide a mileage declaration form and a license code, which I submitted.

The next day, I received another email demanding £78. Apparently they have my test pass date on record as 14/07/21 where as the actual test pass date is 09/08/21. I again went back onto the comparison websites to check the data, I was not asked to enter a precise date anywhere on the forms. Gocompare simply asks for a test pass month. So Bikesure now wants to charge a premium increase of £38 + £35 admin charge for changes to the policy, all this 14 days before the policy has even started.
By this point, I had had enough, rang up and asked to cancel the policy, thinking I am still within the 14 days cooling-off period. Surprise surprise, they have a £60 charge for cancellation buried within their terms and conditions !!

I was treated like an inconvenience by their customer service, so I am now proactively sharing my experience on googlemaps, trustpilot, FB motorbike groups and more !! So fellow motorbikers, here is my experience. If you have clicked through and paid bikesure - you are done for. They've got you one way or other !!

Bikesure customer ref: 59036612
Policy number: 2775438MC036616

I have given one-star and shared my experience, you be the judge. Happy to share their communications publicly if needed.

Reviewed on 21st January 2022
Ganish Girilal's avatar
Ganish Girilal

Crooks - £65 admin charge

Purely and simply crooks. £65 admin charges? For making a few clicks? Purchased policy through money.com, location of bike overnight gave 3 options, I chose garage as private property was an option. Therefore policy invalid. Requested refund - £65 adm Read more

Purely and simply crooks. £65 admin charges? For making a few clicks?

Purchased policy through money.com, location of bike overnight gave 3 options, I chose garage as private property was an option. Therefore policy invalid. Requested refund - £65 admin charge. In these current times, Covid, mental health issues there is no justification for a £65 admin charge.

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
Fabrizio Tumolo's avatar
Fabrizio Tumolo

Extortion and fraud

Terrible, terrible, terrible company, on the outside they appear thorough and professional but once you've bought the policy, they start to implement ridiculous validation checks, checking my occupation, looking for my garage on Google earth, then threat Read more

Terrible, terrible, terrible company, on the outside they appear thorough and professional but once you've bought the policy, they start to implement ridiculous validation checks, checking my occupation, looking for my garage on Google earth, then threatening to cancel my.policy if I didn't purchase "approved" security device from their own security company, horrible customer service totally unreasonable, still after cancelling my.policy they have tried to extort 80 quid from me, absolutely criminal so don't use them.

Reviewed on 6th January 2022
Jay Ruffell 's avatar
Jay Ruffell

Bikers beware

I just wrote a review, but before listing it, I thought I better look at the others. My words & experience are exactly the same, said already by another victim, so copy and paste

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
David Andrew's avatar
David Andrew

F'ing extortionate

The way these people do business makes me genuinely angry, as they will drain you for money at any given opportunity. I took out a policy at a rate of £260. About two hours after taking the money from my account, they changed the terms of my policy to a v Read more

The way these people do business makes me genuinely angry, as they will drain you for money at any given opportunity. I took out a policy at a rate of £260. About two hours after taking the money from my account, they changed the terms of my policy to a version I wasn't happy with. I was then faced with a decision to pay their new £900 policy or an £88 cancellation fee (despite never actually being insured to go on the road and being WELL within the 14 day cooling-off period).

AVOID.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021
Jake Chatterjee's avatar
Jake Chatterjee

Absolute scammers stay well away.

Called for a quote as put through to them through Admiral as going to view a bike to potential purchase. Gave me a quote, pushy sell as they said they couldn't hold the quote but I could call up and cancel if I never purchased the bike. Never purchased Read more

Never purchased so called to cancel, policy was live for 3 hours and was charged over £50.

Complete con company stay well away.

Reviewed on 20th August 2021
Dan Powell's avatar
Dan Powell

Scammer!!!!

10 days ago I was make motorbike insurance charged me 175 pounds.Today I want to canceland want to charge me 32,44 /time on cover charge/and also 30pounds /cancelation fee/ with in cooling period!! Legal robbery!! SCAMMER!!! AVOID!!!

Reviewed on 11th June 2021
Kovacs Gyula's avatar
Kovacs Gyula

Scammer!!!!

Reviewed on 11th June 2021
Kovacs Gyula's avatar
Kovacs Gyula

Ripped off

Belligerent ignorant cancelled my insurance as my house sold in feb, due to tenant refusing to leave our wee cottage we’re in temp accommodation... result they they cancelled the last 6 months of my bike insurance with hundreds and are sending me £26 wank Read more

Belligerent ignorant cancelled my insurance as my house sold in feb, due to tenant refusing to leave our wee cottage we’re in temp accommodation... result they they cancelled the last 6 months of my bike insurance with hundreds and are sending me £26 wankers

Reviewed on 21st April 2021
James McDermott's avatar
James McDermott

Another Adrian Flux company that rips people off

Another Adrian Flux company trading by another name to avoid their poor reputation. Lack any customer service, overcharges and keeps money when policies are cancelled. I will be taking my money elsewhere and i would advise you to do the same.

Reviewed on 31st March 2021
Fred's avatar
Fred

Illegal scam practices

Asked me to contact them after taking out insurance as they said it may be invalid. Customer services talked me through some minor changes that they said wouldn’t impact the quote but that I should change, such as increasing my mileage from 1000 to 2000 m Read more

Asked me to contact them after taking out insurance as they said it may be invalid. Customer services talked me through some minor changes that they said wouldn’t impact the quote but that I should change, such as increasing my mileage from 1000 to 2000 miles as I had previously asked for a quote on that mileage a few years previously and they’d checked their records. She was quite persuasive so I agreed, despite not needing the change. She then said “I just need to double check that this won’t alter the premium” and got me to confirm that I was happy for her to check. After a few minutes she returned and confirmed there was no premium change, as we knew there wouldn’t be. She then said there was a £35 charge for checking, I said I’d like to cancel, she said “certainly that’s no problem, there’s a £60 cancellation fee, shall I credit the remainder to your card?”, the insurance hadn’t even started. I’ve never encountered this sort of manipulation and blackmail from a company before, I was forced to pay the fee and she knew she had me over a barrel, makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach that this sort of practice should be allowed to continue, I only hope my review will enable others to avoid this scam company.

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
Gibbon Head's avatar
Gibbon Head

Steer Clear! Shocking Admin Charges!

If I could give a zero, I would Step-father is 75, can't do the internet but his renewal with another company was massive, so I looked around for a cheaper quote. To cut a long story short, he ended up cancelling the policy after Bikesure bombarded Read more

If I could give a zero, I would

To cut a long story short, he ended up cancelling the policy after Bikesure bombarded him with emails asking for document after document to be uploaded to his "Online Account". He explained he wasn't able to do that, (we live quite a way from them so we weren't able to help).

The staff were obnoxious, unhelpful and rude when he called them to explain and only told him he could've posted copies to them AFTER he'd cancelled the policy because he was becoming increasingly upset by the emails and phonecalls.

The policy wasn't due to start until March 1st and they've charged him £60 for administration fees.

There are 8 motobikes in total in our family and none of us will use bikesure now or in the future, neither will we recommend them to anyone in the the grouos that we're all part of. I suggest if you're not a computer whiz to steer well clear!

Shocking service.

Reviewed on 20th February 2021
Vicky's avatar
Vicky

I wont be going back to them

i had to change my motor bike to a new one my direct debt went from £31pm to £72pm, yet when i go to outer insurers i am £350 for the year, i have been speaking to people that have same bike 17 year old is £280 with Bike sure 19 year old who has had 2 cl Read more

i had to change my motor bike to a new one my direct debt went from £31pm to £72pm, yet when i go to outer insurers i am £350 for the year, i have been speaking to people that have same bike 17 year old is £280 with Bike sure 19 year old who has had 2 claims in a year and bike is kept on street where anyone could steal it like his last bike was is only £400 and more and more of the same, i am 35 with no claims no points and have a good job bike is secure at home and work yet i am paying so much more for the same bike at the same time. was told is due to changing mid policy so i have been charged £350 for chagrining my bike hopefully they keep losing customer in the long term and they learn a lesson or go out of business.

Reviewed on 30th April 2020
William 's avatar
William

robbed

I had an issue last year when I bought the insurance online. Then i was contacted to clarify few details and it turned out that my policy went £500 up due to the fact that I will most likely be changing my commuting destination during the period of this p Read more

I had an issue last year when I bought the insurance online. Then i was contacted to clarify few details and it turned out that my policy went £500 up due to the fact that I will most likely be changing my commuting destination during the period of this policy... so I decided to cancel. Which costed me £45+. Absolute joke. I thought I will give it a chance once again this year. Same story plus £30 for two days of being insured. Very poor approach to customers. I feel robbed of money and time. If you wish to insure with them as the price seems very affordable. Make sure you do it over the phone.

Reviewed on 8th July 2019
Jaroslaw's avatar
Jaroslaw

Waste of time and money

Really terrible. They don't hold quotes offered through compare websites. I was charged an additional £170 for reasons not made known and the customer service is awful. I spent hours on the phone with the customer service team and they still didn't resolv Read more

Really terrible. They don't hold quotes offered through compare websites. I was charged an additional £170 for reasons not made known and the customer service is awful. I spent hours on the phone with the customer service team and they still didn't resolve the issue. The company even tried to persuade me that I was not licenced to ride my motorbike. They had not done their research and didn't even apologise after I directed them towards evidence proving otherwise. After all of the charges and admin fees, frankly it's fraudulent how this company ripped me off.

Reviewed on 17th November 2018