Chip Reviews

Ratings based on 2,624 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

Looking for reviews of Chip, the personal finance app? Read on to see what our community has to say about the app which 'automatically saves for you, based on your recent spending habits.' Smart Money People is the number 1 place for Chip reviews, so if you're already using chip to help save money, leave a review of your own and help others decide is Chip is right for them!

Chip Review Insight

Chip Products 2,624

Sneaky little saver

Chip is great at squirrel’ing money away for me. Chip saves money with me almost not realising. Although it has got a little more costly but the savings benefit is great.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Kris Keane's avatar
Kris Keane

Savings!

I couldn't believe how much you can save while spending!

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Krzysztof Lapinski's avatar
Krzysztof Lapinski

Excellent saveing tool

Excellent Saveing tool , helps me plan.

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Goldie Nwabue's avatar
Goldie Nwabue

Helps saving

Useful to have as it creates a saving habit.

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Goldie Nwabue's avatar
Goldie Nwabue

Savings App

Awesome way to save money

Before I found Chip I was never able to save any money. Since I downloaded their app it all changed! Great saving app!

Reviewed on 25th March 2021
Nicolas Sebestyen's avatar
Nicolas Sebestyen

Savings App

Excellent interest rate. Easy to use app.

What more could you want from a savings app? The best rate on the market for easy access too. I only wish I could refer more people to the 1.25%.

Reviewed on 25th March 2021
RozFrankie's avatar
RozFrankie

Makes saving easy

I used to save once a month but always withdrew it all before my next... Read more

I used to save once a month but always withdrew it all before my next payday.
With this app I haven't taken out a withdrawal once and I still save the same amount I tried to before.
It is very clever and very simple to use!
I am really pleased I decided to give it a try!

Reviewed on 23rd March 2021
JULIE's avatar
JULIE

Chip app

Does not cover all banks yet. Can’t wait to use this app

Reviewed on 21st March 2021
Mary's avatar
Mary

Savings App

"Found" £3,724 I didn't know I had! And counting!

I was very nervous of Chip at first... Was it a real thing? Was it a scam where I was just sending money into some random account? I did a bit of research and, thank god, it's legit. But better than that... It does what it claims to do... It siphons small amounts of cash out of my account every now and then that I don't notice. £6 here, £13 there... Just like the things you buy that add up and you don't realise... Like takeaway coffees or an extra takeaway dinner dish or two. £13 is not what it would take out of everyone's account... It's personal. Chip has worked out that I can reasonably stand to way-lay that amount due to my spending and saving patterns... And it's right! And I think it gets smarter... At the beginning I feel like it over saved and I had to withdraw a couple of times (also, exactly what it says on the tin and no ridiculous wait times) but, more recently, it's got the Goldilocks balance. Well done Chip for your product and your tech. You can clearly manage my money even better than I can! Love you lots!x

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
Krissi B's avatar
Krissi B

Excellent savings

Good savings app, easy access to my money and best rate out there, help always available if needed

Reviewed on 11th March 2021
Emcr's avatar
Emcr

Super simple saving

Effortless saving from an app that does all the work for you. Before Chip I struggled to put money aside for savings; now the app works out what I can afford to save and does it for me. Now I always have some spare cash for unexpected bills or emergencies and my savings are growing effortlessly. Brilliant.

Reviewed on 11th March 2021
Louise Trewavas's avatar
Louise Trewavas

Easy Savings

I always found it very difficult to save and to deposit a “lump sum” every month! Chip does this for you just like spending on other things! Easy peasy and you don’t even realise it’s gone!

Jill Brown's avatar
Jill Brown

Great savings app.

Create a goal and worry no more. Chip cleverly decides how much money you can afford to save each week. It works well and I don’t miss the amount invested each week. Love the flexibility to choose ‘skip a number of payments’ when you’re having a tough month. Great company.

Pauline Rigby's avatar
Pauline Rigby

Savings App

Hassle free savings with new exciting features

Been with chip for a while now, quite liked their auto saving ai bot and now their chip+1 super savings... Read more

Been with chip for a while now, quite liked their auto saving ai bot and now their chip+1 super savings account.

Interested to see their new exciting features being introduced such as investments and the ease of accessing those from within the savings app and wouldn't be surprised if their ai bot starts running ai driven robo-investments.

Krish's avatar
Krish

Easy, fuss-free finance

What I really appreciate about Chip is the ease of it all - the regular savings updates, the ux on the dashboard, the communication when I’ve had questions - all great!

Chloe Bickford's avatar
Chloe Bickford

Top savings

Best trustable savings account in the uk

D's avatar
D

Brilliant savings account

Love that I can choose how much to save not only weekly but able to top up anytime

Reviewed on 28th February 2021
James 's avatar
James

Poor app and services

Poor customer service and app wasn't very useful

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Scott Cleaveley's avatar
Scott Cleaveley

Money saving app

Saves. Money without you realising it. Great app. You can earn 1.25% interest on your savings.

Reviewed on 6th February 2021
Harsh dhul's avatar
Harsh dhul

Savings App

They forget to put the customer first.

When Chip first launched, it was a really great concept. An app that would help you save more with you barely having to lift a finger after signing up. They do not appear to listen to their user base, and change direction with very little notice to the end user.

They have been around for a few years now, yet lots of bugs remain trying to link your Chip account with your own high street bank, and their default stance is to sign you up to their paid service.

You can opt out, so lose the AI savings feature and still save into their 0.3% account manually, or transfer into their 1.25% bonus account, where you are only paid a bonus on withdrawing your full deposit, and the bonus is non compounding.

If you are looking to try out their AI savings, then the first £100 auto saved is free. You are then charged £1.50 every 28 days, regardless if it is able to save you anything or not, so £19.50 a year.

The app certainly helps confuse the simple, and is definitely not orientated at the financially savvy either, so not sure what the target audience is.

Reviewed on 18th January 2021