Coventry Building Society: Savings reviews

Based on 49 reviews, last reviewed 18th Jan 2023

Awesome service and savings rate Easy to switch accounts, generous rates Reviewed on: 18th January 2023

Terrible banking service Ten years of banking with this society counts for nothing. I was locked out of my online savings account and when I tried to reset my password I was ... Read more Reviewed on: 28th October 2022
Alex's avatar
Alex

About the Savings

Coventry Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Coventry Building Society. How easy is it to contact Coventry Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Coventry Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Review Coventry Building Society: Savings now

Coventry Building Society Savings reviews (49)

Awesome service and savings rate

Easy to switch accounts, generous rates Reviewed on: 18th January 2023

Terrible banking service

Ten years of banking with this society counts for nothing. I was locked out of my online savings account and when I tried to reset my password I was told by their system that they had no record of my account. This account held my life savings. I spent 1hr 10mins in their telephone system before someone spoke to me. I went though telephone security only to be told I could not transfer my money into the current account I had used with them for those ten years. I had to make a two hour round trip to try and transfer my money, spent another 30mins waiting to talk to a manager. I did not succeed. I left the branch still not knowing if my money would be transferred. Still locked out of my account I tried to ring again and was told by the recording I was 102nd in the queue! This has caused me so much stress over a two day period, they should be shut down and not allowed to operate until their systems are fit for purpose. Reviewed on: 28th October 2022
Alex's avatar
Alex

Coventry building society kill OAP

The Coventry building society used a forged mortgage to steal an OAPs home. The court case caused him to stop eating and taking his medication. He died a scared broken old man. Coventry building society does it really take 10 years to show him the unsigned mortgage he never signed. AVOID AVOID AVOID Reviewed on: 11th August 2022
Carl Mason's avatar
Carl Mason

Regular Saver

We opened our joint account online in April. The whole process took one week, and we were set up with easy to view and manage internet banking. I transfer money regularly to this account from another bank, via internet banking. Coventry BS takes account security seriously, though it is straightforward to access your account. So far I have only needed to contact the Cov by telephone, and that was a query while the account was initially being set up; the lady I spoke with was professional, friendly and helpful. Since opening our account Cov BS have honoured the inflation rises by raising the interest rate some 3 times now (not all banks/building societies do this, and they're not obliged to). I also joined their separate site which sends out invites now and again (via email) to answer the odd survey or question. For one short survey I won £200 in M&S vouchers! I get the impression the Cov genuinely listens to feedback. Cov BS moderators regularly converse with customers on the blog section, and anyone can start a thread - most of the stuff on there is interesting with very few gripes! Sure, it's not the best rate out there, yet I like their set up and their features. They have a lot of accounts on offer - something for everyone, no matter what age. Wish we'd got involved with them sooner. Reviewed on: 5th August 2022
Villan's avatar
Villan

Do you have a different Coventry Building Society product?

Coventry Building Society has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products