Share your customer experiences with us and you could win £1000! Vote in the British Bank Awards

Coventry Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 5 reviews Last review 2 weeks ago

Coventry Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Coventry Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Our Smart Money People 360° Rating

NOT RATED
Combines our customer review data set with wider market analysis. Find out more here.

Your Mortgages Reviews (5)

24th September 2016

Shambolic customer service and hopeless internet banking.

Been a member for three years. Not had any problems with them until we went on holiday last year and instead of lifting the block on accessing the account outside the UK (this is a default for them) the manager kindly blocked access to the account completely for the week and the weekends either side of the holiday. Which was not what he had been instructed to do, and which was quite inconvenient. A complaint on return from holiday brought an apologetic phone call from someone in a call centre but nothing in writing.

After that, I tried to set up online banking with them. This is a convoluted system requiring you to send off a form to get a password and then get a card with codes to access your account. Two step security. First form went off. No response. Popped into branch to enquire. 'Not received. We'll generate another form'. Second one goes off. Card received. Account unaccessible. Ring to activate account. Get into system. Clunky but manageable. Second time I logged in, system fails to recognise new password, locks me out. Try online password reset. Doesn't work. Ring up help desk. 'You can't reset your password online - your email address isn't registered with us'. Explain patiently that I receive e-mails frequently from the Coventry but to no avail. Third form generated, filled in and returned. No answer. Call into branch. 'Form not received'. Fourth form requested. Has been filled in and sent off. Two weeks now and nothing received back from them. Am just about to ring them and find out if they have fallen out with the postal service as well as me. Then I am going to request details of my direct debits prior to closing the account and opening up one with another provider. Reasonable rates of interest in these penurious times, average customer service, online banking system run by a bunch of sloths. Avoid unless ringing call centres is a hobby of yours.

28th March 2016

Brilliant customer service

Recently went in for a mortgage review and the last couldn't of been more helpful, explained all the options Available to us as I find some of the jargon difficult to understand, went ahead with a really good deal, very happy

9th April 2015

Very helpful and profesonal whilst buying my new house.

I found all the staff to be very helpful and informative, whilst not overly pushy as I have found with other companies. Would happily go back to them again following this purchase for other products.