first direct Car Insurance Reviews

First Direct car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest First Direct car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used First Direct before, you too can write a short First Direct car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review first direct's Car Insurance now

Unscrupulous

When cancelling car insurance (as I no longer had car ) was charged £86 and was verbally assured 3 times that £43 would be returned to me. After I paid up was then told that I wouldn't be case after all. Unscrupulous liars and swindlers .Take your hard e Read more

When cancelling car insurance (as I no longer had car ) was charged £86 and was verbally assured 3 times that £43 would be returned to me. After I paid up was then told that I wouldn't be case after all. Unscrupulous liars and swindlers .Take your hard earned cash. I dread to think how unhelpful they would have been in the event of a car accident

Reviewed on 31st January 2022
C.Kellu's avatar
C.Kellu

Crap company

Would not accept cancellation via email. Charged us £30 to cancel over the phone. Really would not recommend, stay well clear.

Reviewed on 13th January 2022
Christine Clear 's avatar
Christine Clear

Not worth even one star

Not a good experience, not very helpful, not great customer service, Would not use again.

Reviewed on 10th August 2020
customer J's avatar
customer J

Friendly and helpful

I used this company to find provisional car insurance they were very helpful and offered a great price

Reviewed on 22nd September 2016
Claire Ward's avatar
Claire Ward

Great Car Insurance, fully covered for a great price.

Contacted First Direct on the telephone about car insurance, always had the most helpful and understanding operators who did their absolute best to get an amazing quote, everything was clearly explained and expertly dealt with.

Reviewed on 13th August 2016
Godfrey Callus's avatar
Godfrey Callus

What car insurance should be like from the bank that wins awards yearly

Simply brilliant. Why aren't others as good or as easy to understand. Perhaps because FD have pioneered the banking sector (yep despite being owned by HSBC - sic) they adopt that policy with all their products. Are people really scared by different?

Reviewed on 1st August 2016
Neil Gent's avatar
Neil Gent

Very good

I have been with this company 2 years they offer very good rates for provisional drivers

Reviewed on 19th February 2016