Laka Cycle Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 1,056 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Want to read reviews of cycle insurance, provided by Laka (formerly Insure a Thing) and written by regular customers like yourself? See what our community says below, to help make up your mind on your next cycle insurance policy. Whether it's level of cover, amount of cover offered, of ease of making a claim, our community shares their Laka reviews to help you find the best insurer to fit your requirements!

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Cycle Insurance Reviews

1,056 reviews

Review Laka's Cycle Insurance now

Laka is undisputably number 1

Couldn't be more stoked with this company purely on ethics alone, not to mention fair and cheap prices! Would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 5th August 2022
Ash Fila's avatar
Ash Fila

Laka equal to Greatness

Great service and knowledgeable team, a great combination for a key element of my personal 'infrastructure'

Richard Wright's avatar
Richard Wright

Review

They're reliable and affordable

ruben raybould-bourne's avatar
ruben raybould-bourne

Can not recommend enough just fantastic company

Just fantastic. Please go with laka to insure your precious bikes they won’t let you down.

Lazarie Wright's avatar
Lazarie Wright

Great insurance :)

Fantastic provider of cycle insurance, I love the way the premium is low and only based on the amount of claims in a given month which means you're not paying through the nose. Also love the Strava group and the membership where you get little perks such Read more

Fantastic provider of cycle insurance, I love the way the premium is low and only based on the amount of claims in a given month which means you're not paying through the nose. Also love the Strava group and the membership where you get little perks such as discounts for shopping cycle stuff.

Simon Shrimpton's avatar
Simon Shrimpton

So good

Honest, transparent and fair insurance

Megha Chaturvedi's avatar
Megha Chaturvedi

So simple and unique. Make cycling pleasurable in london

DW Griff's avatar
DW Griff

Best cycling insurer

These guys really care about the cycling community

Aaron Wilkins's avatar
Aaron Wilkins

Laka got your back

On two occasions with rear mech mishaps, Laka ensured I was sans bike for no more than two days. Brilliant!

juli's avatar
juli

The best I've ever encountered!

I was unfortunate to be involved in a crash recently whilst on the way to a cycling event. My race bike was completely written off, and I was truly devastated as it was my pride and joy. I submitted my claim to LAKA 2 hours on from my crash, and within a Read more

I was unfortunate to be involved in a crash recently whilst on the way to a cycling event. My race bike was completely written off, and I was truly devastated as it was my pride and joy. I submitted my claim to LAKA 2 hours on from my crash, and within a couple more hours they had been back in touch to let me know they were going to help and cover the bike so that I could be back on the road as soon as possible. It was hugely reassuring as the realisation/injuries of the crash had started to set in. If it weren't for the weekend, the claim would have been opened, discussed, bike bought, and closed within 1 day. I was truly amazed once again by LAKA's service, both in terms of insurance but the human side of customer care too. I wouldn't use any other insurance company again after experiencing what LAKA is like.

Reviewed on 30th May 2022
Jake Vita's avatar
Jake Vita

Super Fast and helpful

Got my claim sorted and a new bike with me in a matter of days. No being tripped up by small print, just honest and amazing cover and service!

Carola McKenna's avatar
Carola McKenna

The best bicycle insurance at an actual reasonable cost.

The business model of community based insurance is great. Their platform and is great and simple and clear - anything is spoken about and talked through really well with their customer team.

William Taylor's avatar
William Taylor

Great insurer, by people that understand how cycling works

Very easy to deal with and helpful when I had to make a claim. Innovative pricing makes it affordable.

George Oehlert's avatar
George Oehlert

Speedy

Laka helped me when I had my bike stolen - such a quick turn around and all the stress immediately lifted

Pippa A's avatar
Pippa A

The best

Honest and genuine business providing tailored insurance to cyclists

Alex's avatar
Alex

Insurance that doesnt feel like a con

I never buy insurance but i've heard some many good stories and id be gutted if anything happened to my trusty stead so its good to be part of the pack

Mark Adam Stewart's avatar
Mark Adam Stewart

User friendly set-up. Happy with the team reaching out to assist. Hopeful that the claim process will be as easy and simple like promised. Thx.

Easy to navigate throughout from Start to finish and adding photos of my gear. Just Great. Thx.

Kokouvi Adabiokou's avatar
Kokouvi Adabiokou

Iam new joint team laka

I hope team laka is good company I joined this month

rezaulhussainkarim@gmail.com's avatar
rezaulhussainkarim@gmail.com

cycle insurance

been very happy with insurance for our two new (December 2020) ebikes.

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
John Williams's avatar
John Williams

Best insurance for bikes

I left my previous insurers because the only time ever in my long cycling life that I made a claim I was pointed to obscure small print meaning that I couldn’t claim. I could have claimed with Laka so switched my insurance. I haven’t needed to claim since Read more

I left my previous insurers because the only time ever in my long cycling life that I made a claim I was pointed to obscure small print meaning that I couldn’t claim. I could have claimed with Laka so switched my insurance. I haven’t needed to claim since but I have peace of mind that I’m covered with Laka for all eventualities.

Reviewed on 9th October 2021