Monese Reviews

Ratings based on 5,278 reviews       Last review 2 days ago
  Visit Monese

Monese is the instant account for mobile people. An award-winning money account you can open instantly on your phone. Our technology enables people to travel, live or work freely, anywhere in the world.

Monese Review Insight

Monese Products 5,278

MONESE BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION OR CONTACT DETAILS

Monese Bank just blocked my account with my money there and they didn't give any explanation for it. I'm trying to get in touch with the bank, but they don't seem to want to be contacted. No response to my emails and even on the phone they just say that I have to wait for an email that never arrives. In the meantime, they have my money and they really show that they don't care if you need your money or not. Disgusting Monese Bank and attitude.

They have a robot that answer the reviews but they do not have staff to answer the emails. No sense.

Reviewed on 17th June 2021
Paulo Kuntz's avatar
Paulo Kuntz

Reply from Monese

Hi Paulo - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account. We sometimes might need to temporarily block accounts, just to make sure we comply with all the regulations and can keep you and your money 100% safe. You can find more details on monese.com/blog/blocked-account and please wait for the team to come back to you with an update.

Account blocked & money gone

I was using monese since 2019 all was just perfect, in 2020 I got thousand dollar from a relative (it was the first transfer I got) and here my nightmare started monese blocked my account, holded my money and blocked me everywhere else, since 6.6.2020 I never heard back from them expect ( we are still reviewing your account) they never told me why that happened or how to fix it, they never refund my relative his money... They clearly stole me... My experience with monese learnt me to trust just a real bank with branch. Thanks monese for killing my trust even in other apps for ever.
Nelakvitova@seznam.cz

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Amine Baldar's avatar
Amine Baldar

Reply from Monese

Hi there - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account. We sometimes might need to temporarily block accounts, just to make sure we comply with all the regulations and can keep you and your money 100% safe. You can find more details on monese.com/blog/blocked-account and please wait for the team to come back to you with an update.

Account blocked

Hi My acc is blocked more than 3 weeks. My money is been there, no money for bills, food and travel to work. With 3 kids and and this problem try to survive. Pleaseeeee helpppp Thanks Valerii

Reviewed on 13th June 2021
Dinu Coguteac's avatar
Dinu Coguteac

Reply from Monese

Hi Dinu - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. The best thing to do is to check the email address registered to your Monese account for updates from the team. In the meantime, here's why we sometimes might need to temporarily block accounts: monese.com/blog/blocked-account

Money Account

Monese is a Scam virtual bank and will meet its own waterloo

I have opened my Monese account since 2017, I have been getting cash credit from my money changer after crediting them with equivalent in my country currencies as I am not a resident of the UK but I am always in the UK often, but unfortunate my account got blocked by Monese exactly 16th December 2020 and since then Monese as a scam has not given a valid reason why account was blocked because I received 3,000 credit to my account, I sent in the prove of the transfer immediately to show the funds are legitimately transferred to me, but Monese as a swindler has stopped picking calls from my number and responding to my email. They have completely shut me out and avoided to correspond with me over the release of my money, I do not even need this scam account anymore, I just need my money to me sent to me after my account with Monese has been closed. Please I am seeking the help of anyone that can help me with speaking with Monese to release all the money in my account and close down their scam account. Oluwasesan Oduwole

Reviewed on 17th May 2021
loveodu111@gmail.com's avatar
loveodu111@gmail.com

Reply from Monese

Hi Oluwasesan - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account. Please bear in mind we can currently only offer accounts to the residents of the European Economic Area, but please stay in touch with the relevant team over email, they'll get back to you with an update as soon as they can.

Money Account

Would never recommend Monese to friends and family - brought so much stress to my life

Like many others have written, they've blocked my account after I received a refund. They failed to even inform me that my account was blocked until I had sent several emails and spent hours on the phone waiting to talk to someone.... Read more

My account has been blocked for a week now. I have not been able to go to my job today because I have no money to use. My life savings are in that account. I'm extremely fortunate to have been able to borrow money from friends but can not keep this up. I have rent to pay and will have to pay a late fee if it is missed and I WILL expect Monese to pay for this if this continuous. Completely ridiculous how they can think it's okay to lock someone out of their account (without even notifying them until asked) and provide minimal communication. Can you imagine if ALL of your money was suddenly locked with no one to help you!? How would you pay for food? How would you pay for transit? How would you pay your bills, your rent, getting to work???

I would never wish this stress upon my family or friends, if you are even considering in the slightest Monese for a bank account, save yourself the headache NOW and use Revolut or Monzo instead.

Reviewed on 17th May 2021
anonymous's avatar
anonymous

Frozen account- total ignore

Monese send me an email on the 5th of March 2021 - account closed, no reason stated.... Read more

The information with alternative account to transfer fund's given on the same day, today is 11th of May and no refund.
Numeruos emails sent- no answer.
Phone them- this question can not be discussed over the phone.
People work so hard for their money and have a family to support but surely this is not their business.
This matter will be taken further this is for sure.
Thanks alot MONESE- Not!!!!!

Reviewed on 11th May 2021
Arturas Afonko's avatar
Arturas Afonko

Reply from Monese

Hi Arturas - sorry to hear we weren't able to keep the account open for you. If you've already responded to the email, then please wait for the team to come back to you with an update. They'll be with you as soon as they can.

I'm very disappointed !!

I'm very disappointed... Read more

I'm very disappointed

M31117812

I'm very disappointed I was sending multiple emails up until now with no respond give my money back Trustpilot also keep removing my comments hiding MONESE fraud activities !!

MONESE FEEDBACKS ALSO GOING DOWN HILL THEY BLOCKING EVERYONE'S ACCOUNTS AND TAKING MONEY RUNNING MASSIVE SCAM !!

Reviewed on 10th May 2021
Aivaras Cepeliauskas's avatar
Aivaras Cepeliauskas

Reply from Monese

Hi again Aivaras - sorry to hear this hasn't been solved yet. We can assure you the team is working on your case and will get back to you with an update as soon as they can.

Account closed no refunds on remaining balance for 3 weeks till now

Shit bank and worst compliance team, customer support is dumb and have no control, where are my refunds, you sick people leave me no choice but to go the head office of the this shit bank and get my money... Read more

Shit bank and worst compliance team, customer support is dumb and have no control, where are my refunds, you sick people leave me no choice but to go the head office of the this shit bank and get my money back.
It’s been 3 weeks and i still didn’t get my refunds
Account number 26997837

Reviewed on 5th May 2021
Jahangeer liaqat's avatar
Jahangeer liaqat

Reply from Monese

Hi Jahangeer - sorry to hear we weren't able to keep the account open for you. We understand the issue should have been solved by now, but please feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Money Account

Block account with no reason

Is the worst bank I ever seen my life... Read more

Is the worst bank I ever seen my life !!!
I have some money already with them end I received the money from my job and housing literally soon as I receive the housing the same day like I received my wages they blocked it
with no reason before I can check account .
They left me with no money is more than week now
and only what they respond is automatic email back.
I promised myself I'm going to take them to Court and they going to pay me for the each day they holding my money.
The worst bank ever scammers and scumbags !!!!!!

Reviewed on 3rd May 2021
Marcin Kostrzewa's avatar
Marcin Kostrzewa

Reply from Monese

Hi Marcin - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. The best thing to do is to check the email address registered to your Monese account for updates from the team. In the meantime, here's why we sometimes might need to temporarily block accounts: monese.com/blog/blocked-account

Money Account

Not recommended no communication !!

Not recommended no communication... Read more

Not recommended no communication !!

M31117812

I was contacted by Monese over couple of weeks ago they asked me to provide bank details in order to get my money back ( apparently investigation has been finished and my funds is ready to be release ) however all details was provided multiple times - waiting since 16th of March with no luck so far they seems keep ignoring every single email only automated replies to Trustpilot which doesn't even make sense what they keep replying .... People stay away keep your money safe !! Trustpilot MONESE feedbacks going down the hill currently because more and more people start reporting an issues as they money has been taken by MONESE... A lot of people struggling to buy a food or necessary items !! MONESE keep freezing and blocking innocent people accounts without any explanation and using people hard-earned money for them own investments !! ...

Reviewed on 29th April 2021
Aivaras Cepeliauskas's avatar
Aivaras Cepeliauskas

Money Account

Hello , I receive my tax from hmrc from 2 weeks ago and they still not answer they respond on social media but not to your email .

Reviewed on 27th April 2021
Aramis GT's avatar
Aramis GT

Reply from Monese

Hi there - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account. If you've already emailed our team, then please wait for them to come back to you with an update. They'll be with you as soon as they can.

Terrible

They blocked my account and took my balance. They don’t reply the emails and rude costumer phone service. That’s terrible for customers.

Reviewed on 26th April 2021
Luciano Domingues's avatar
Luciano Domingues

Reply from Monese

Hi Luciano - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account, and getting through to our support. Please make sure you emailed us at support@monese.com from the email address registered to your account and the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Bad experience

Well.. I stayed with Monese for 2 hours and it was bad experience. I got my debit card but there was no option to activate it was just 'order new' option. I tried to get help from Support section, but no respond. Trying to figure it out by myself I accidentally ordered another card (I was hoping maybe it would tell me that I already ordered one and gave me the option to activate it ) but it ordered again a new card. Could not find the option to cancel this order. I tried to contact Monese Help, spent one hour to do so but there was no luck. No-one respond on my email, App and call. Canceled my account. Don't want to deal with bank who is impossible to reach to.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2021
Yulia Yatcenko's avatar
Yulia Yatcenko

Reply from Monese

Hi Yulia - sorry to hear you've experienced issues with your card, and getting through to our support. Please make sure you emailed us at support@monese.com from the email address registered to your account and the team will be with you as soon as they can.

MONESE BIG SCAMMERS

M8063926, you say you.always block accounts with good reasons, that is easy to say when you hide behind q computer, you fail to inforn me your custimer about those good reasons and give no access to my... Read more

M8063926, you say you.always block accounts with good reasons, that is easy to say when you hide behind q computer, you fail to inforn me your custimer about those good reasons and give no access to my money..
Good reasons? You are NOT transparent, you arw cowards, you hide and say i you have good reasons??? Thos ONLY in credible to you.
The numerous complaints about you in other sittes talk loud about Monese

Reviewed on 20th April 2021
Alberto's avatar
Alberto

Reply from Monese

Hi again Alberto - sorry to hear this hasn't been solved yet. We're afraid we won't always be able to tell you why we decided to block the account, as we need to follow very strict guidelines. The relevant team will be able to provide you with more details via email.

Monese account

Monese sent an request for routine information which they gave 7 days to do so . They requested this on... Read more

Monese sent an request for routine information which they gave 7 days to do so . They requested this on Saturday
2 days later they closed the account stating the reason that they had not received the information.
Prior to this I requested some info on using the account, and sent 12 emails with a span of a month for which they never replied.
On the webchat , I tried to write live agent but no agent ever came.

Reviewed on 20th April 2021
alexandre's avatar
alexandre

Reply from Monese

Hi Alexandre - sorry to hear we weren't able to keep the account open for you. We sometimes might need to close accounts when we believe they don't meet certain requirements. You can find more in our terms.

Temp blocked account

Received my tax return from the hmrc early this morning to find my account blocked.. it’s my main account and I literally can’t even eat.. I’m contacting the financial ombudsman in the morning.. they have also cost me a job as I can’t even afford to get there.. I think the news papers are worth a call, people need to know they don’t follow guidelines

Reviewed on 19th April 2021
Dan herbert's avatar
Dan herbert

Reply from Monese

Hi Dan - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. The best thing to do is to check the email address registered to your Monese account for updates from the team. In the meantime, here's why we sometimes might need to temporarily block accounts: monese.com/blog/blocked-account

Money Account

Intuitive app & great customer service

Excellent customer service and a well thought out easy to use app.

Reviewed on 19th April 2021
Rikki's avatar
Rikki

Reply from Monese

Hi Rikki - thanks a million for your lovely review, we really appreciate it!

Money Account

It is not a bank, is a scam.

They have time to reply on Trustpilot, but their customer service is unresponsive. They just locked my account, which had £4,000 in it. Since the 30th of March, no one has responded to my emails or phone calls. They will respond to any other issues, but not if they have a significant amount of your money on hand.
Also, they've agreed not to accept complaints through resolver.co.uk, but I guarantee they'll meet me in court and pay me for every day they keep my money.

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Gheorghe Jardan 's avatar
Gheorghe Jardan

Reply from Monese

Hi Gheorghe - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account. If you've already emailed our team, then please wait for them to come back to you with an update. They'll be with you as soon as they can.

I feel robbed

I have had an account with this bank roughly 3 years I dont keep money in it but sontimes have transfared money via PayPal I call it my uk bank as I use it when I am home in England. I had roughly 300 pounds in there . May not sound a lot but a lot to me sometimes I would send mum money from there as it was handier than doing it from Norway .So my account was closed with no reason cant use my app. I rang your so called customer service was kept on hold roughly over an hour who said it had gone to compliance department. And to wait for email from them. But nothing I wrote again from computer through chat facility still nothing. I find it obsured that a bank can close your account with no reason and no explanation. At first I thought it was me that I had done something wrong but after underchecking have found that its happened to lots of people. So I have decided to take this matter further its not the 300 pounds its the principal of the matter. How dare you. And how dare you not correspond with your customers. What gives you the right. I feel you are very corrupt and I feel sorry for the others who choose to use your bank like I did . Horrendous attitude a corrupt bank and basic thieves

Reviewed on 6th April 2021
Paolo Gronow's avatar
Paolo Gronow

Reply from Monese

Hi Paolo - sorry to hear we weren't able to keep the account open for you. You should have received a note from the team on the email address registered to your account. Please respond and the team will assist you.

THIEVES- BE AWARE OF MONESE

M8063926 ... Read more

M8063926
3 weeks since they blocked my account, why, because myself from another bank on my own name made 3 consecutives transfers to my own monese account.
They arbitrary, blocked my account, i received a message saying my account was being reviewed, should they need documents or info they d contact me. They never did, i complained through e-mail and they said i had to wait 10 working days, this is well due and despite campaigning to support @ monese and closures @ monese i do not receive answer, my money is there and is not little.
Be aware of these fintechs, as customers we are unprotected, their customer service is really bad and they operate in the shade, they rules and practice opaque, prefer traditional banks.
These people are thieves!!!

Reviewed on 4th April 2021
Alberto's avatar
Alberto

Reply from Monese

Hi Alberto - sorry to hear you're having issues with your account. We never block accounts without a good reason, but we sometimes might need to do so to make sure we comply with all the regulations. You can find more on monese.com/blog/blocked-account and please wait for updates from the team.