Monese Reviews

Ratings based on 5,369 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Monese is the instant account for mobile people. An award-winning money account you can open instantly on your phone. Our technology enables people to travel, live or work freely, anywhere in the world.

Monese Products 5,369

fraud stay away

fraud stay away they will block your account suddenly when you have good money in the monese account

Reviewed on 7th June 2022
Ramz's avatar
Ramz

Bad customer service

They always take a lot of time to respond. But they blocked my account more than a month ago and haven't answered any of my emails.

Reviewed on 16th May 2022
C's avatar
C

Scammers - Stay away!

Like hundreds (or even thousands) of people before me already wrote, Monese became a piece of garbage of a company, they keep blocking customers' accounts for no particular reason, out of the blue you just get an email letting you know that your account h Read more

Like hundreds (or even thousands) of people before me already wrote, Monese became a piece of garbage of a company, they keep blocking customers' accounts for no particular reason, out of the blue you just get an email letting you know that your account has been closed with all your money blocked. I only used this card to make small purchases while abroad and only transferred money when I needed it so luckily I only had a very small amount on the card but many people had all their savings on their accounts and apparently there is no customer service, nobody replies? I wonder what is going to happen but it looks like to me that Monese might declare bankruptcy soon so I suggest everybody take your money and run. This company is not a bank, they are a gang of scammers and fraudsters. If you had any business with them and got scammed, your account got blocked and your money taken, report them to every possible authority. This is the only way to have a chance at getting your money back. If you are thinking about opening an account: just don't. Choose Revolut, Wise, N26 or any other reputable online bank but stay clear from this piece of crap.

Reviewed on 14th May 2022
Carry's avatar
Carry

Blocked my account

They have frozen my account and left left me in poverty. I am disabled and will have to use a food bank. Terrible! Please post a review on either the AppStore or Android if your having issues. It’s the only way they’ll respect their customers.

Reviewed on 12th May 2022
cargoes-gluon.0i@icloud.com's avatar
cargoes-gluon.0i@icloud.com

how I unfroze my account

had my account frozen for no reason, no one responded to my email with a an actual reason as to why. Had to contact SolverX to solve this for me and that's how I got my money back

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
James's avatar
James

Money Account

Lets make a petition for monese geting involved the gouvernament for monese scammers

Guys i know is tousends of people get robbed by monese scammers like i have been aswell and i ask if anyone can make a petition online all over the world so can all people who get robbed theyr money by monese vote to get involved press and gouvernament so Read more

Guys i know is tousends of people get robbed by monese scammers like i have been aswell and i ask if anyone can make a petition online all over the world so can all people who get robbed theyr money by monese vote to get involved press and gouvernament so maybe we can get them to Grand Court and make them get to prisson or make them pay back all the money they have stolen from people so if anyone know how to do a petition for all people get scammed bu monese please share on all social media so we can all vote and get the gouvernament involved in this problem and i can be 100% monese will be get in court and lose this case and pay all money they have stolen plus big interest to all people so please someone who know to do a petion on Facebook will be helpfull Thank you!

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
maku pirate chain's avatar
maku pirate chain

Money Account

Monese block my account and online banking eith my money on it

Monese are scammers they block my account with £1350.00 and is about 1 year and they didnt reply to my hundred emails i send it to them If i could give 0 stars i would do i never recomand monese to anyone if you got a monese acount get your money quick f Read more

If i could give 0 stars i would do i never recomand monese to anyone if you got a monese acount get your money quick from the acount and close the account with them before you can lose your money like i do and many people like me i have checked the monese forum and is 300 400 people they lose theyr money by getting account bloked by monese and never get theyr money back so dont use MONESE!

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
maku pirate chain's avatar
maku pirate chain

Money Account

How I got my money back from Monese.

How I got my money back from Monese. They closed my account and did not respond to my emails. Send the complaint to foscomplaints@monese.com, this is the complaints email they have registered with OMBUDSFIN (the institution where they are registered). If Read more

How I got my money back from Monese. They closed my account and did not respond to my emails. Send the complaint to foscomplaints@monese.com, this is the complaints email they have registered with OMBUDSFIN (the institution where they are registered). If they see that you have that email they realize that you have appealed to the Ombudsfin. If they do not answer, file a complaint here and resolve with Ombudsfin directly: https://www.ombudsfin.be/en/individuals/introduce-complaint/.

Reviewed on 31st March 2022
Razvan Petcu's avatar
Razvan Petcu

Scammers!!!

After reading a Monese promotion about selling unwanted lockdown items I decided to try it, but after selling a few items they blocked my account. I have sent email after email, tried calling numerous times but everything is ignored and they have basical Read more

After reading a Monese promotion about selling unwanted lockdown items I decided to try it, but after selling a few items they blocked my account. I have sent email after email, tried calling numerous times but everything is ignored and they have basically stolen my money as everything is blocked. DO NOT USE MONESE,DO YOUR HOMEWORK,I WISH I HAD AS THERE ARE HINDREDS OF OTHERS LIKE ME THEY HAVE DONE THIS TOO, PLEASE USE ANOTHER BANK!!!

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Jay's avatar
Jay

Miss afza

They have blocked my account Won’t respond to my emails No explanation given Stolen my Money I’m a single parent and can not access funds I’m suicidal

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Dicentra Formosa's avatar
Dicentra Formosa

Travelling for a holiday - Monese decides to close my account on day 1

Monese risk department emailed me in November, after having withdrawn some cash out of an atm while i was in holidaying in London. I answered and they never got back to me, leaving the account open. I came back to London after 4 months, this time to atten Read more

Monese risk department emailed me in November, after having withdrawn some cash out of an atm while i was in holidaying in London. I answered and they never got back to me, leaving the account open. I came back to London after 4 months, this time to attend a wedding and they just close the account, block my money and tell me to email them the account details to where i want the funds to be transferred. After 6 hours of providing them with an account number in the UK itself, well knowing that Fast payments are almost instantaneous, I am still waiting.

I can understand they are working, but seriously, get a grip. Monese had 4 months to let me know something was wrong, to try to get an information, but no, they were satisfied with what I had told them and kept quiet - silence is acceptance.

Just poor service - you can't leave people stranded like that, specially when they are not in their home country.

Reviewed on 7th March 2022
Nitish Rajcoomar's avatar
Nitish Rajcoomar

PLEASE NOT OPEN MONESE

Never open MONESE account if you dont want to lose your money! Please look after what the people written from Monese!

Reviewed on 1st March 2022
Peter Hevesi's avatar
Peter Hevesi

This peuple are SCAMS

I had someone buying my car with a bank transfer but this motherfuckers did not realised the money is being over 6 months. If anyone can help please share the quick way to get this resolved. They don’t care about anyone.

Reviewed on 27th February 2022
bobin-puf mpunga's avatar
bobin-puf mpunga

Money Account

Monesse blocke my account on 8th january with money in and they never get back to me

on 8th january i made transfer from my halifax account into monesse acount and they block my account and nobody explain nothing seems like disaapear.. since 2 months ago haven t get any answer yet .. what should i do ?

Reviewed on 27th February 2022
Ilse Elena's avatar
Ilse Elena

Money Account

Blocked thousands of accounts !!!

Recently I had trouble accessing my monese account. I didn't have a problem logging in but the landing page said "we will be in touch via email" etc. I could not access my money so I desperately called, emailed and called again but no response. Customer Read more

I could not access my money so
I desperately called, emailed and called again but no response. Customer services hung up after putting me on hold for over an hour, twice. No response from my emails either.
I was horrified to discover that this has happened to thousands of people and monese is not responding, citing they cannot respond for security reasons. Some people cannot access wages etc leaving them in terrible trouble.
On investigation I see the same issue on forum after forum.
DO NOT OPEN A MONESE ACCOUNT. I have requested my account be closed etc but am still being ghosted by them.
Essentially they have stolen hundreds of thousands of pounds from people without consequences to their banking license or investigation by the FSA.
Take a look online to read about peoples experiences. I was shocked and cannot believe I find myself in this predicament.
PLEASE BE WARNED. Up till now I would have recommended them but this is very alarming.

Reviewed on 21st February 2022
Annie 's avatar
Annie

Irena makulova

the worst bank in the world stopped my account without reason it's more than a month and nobody tells me or picks up my phone I'll have to deal with lawyers because of the bank I can't work normally these are all my money I have at the bank

Reviewed on 21st February 2022
Irenka Makulova's avatar
Irenka Makulova

Help center turns in 5 days and hidden depositing cost

I deposited some money through PayPoint because in their help center the "cost" for depositing money is hidden in other links. Although they write "you can deposit at paypoints" with big puntos they hide the cost.

Reviewed on 19th February 2022

lux

cool wery good card fas working.

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Ty_FaCe Cosa_Nostra's avatar
Ty_FaCe Cosa_Nostra

Money Account

I recommended this card is very nice

Good fast nice ant profesional bank card

Reviewed on 16th February 2022
Rimukas Rimukass's avatar
Rimukas Rimukass

Bad Service

Bad service, close my account with money inside and no response from customer service for more than 6 months

Reviewed on 12th February 2022