Monmouthshire Building Society Reviews

Monmouthshire Building Society is a Welsh building society, which has its head office in Newport. Smart Money People is the place for Monmouthshire Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Monmouthshire Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Monmouthshire Building Society Products 286

Quick and simple remortgage

I recently remortgaged and chose Monmouthshire for the great rate but also the recommendation from a friend about their service. It was so quick and easy to remortgage with them. Really happy!

Reviewed on 31st January 2021
GC's avatar
GC

These guys are sharks

These guys are sharks, I applied for a morgage with this building society.... Read more

These guys are sharks, I applied for a morgage with this building society.
They made me first pay them to conduct their valuation which found value, then after they took my money they declined my application based on the fact that I have not been with my current employer for at least two years. They knew from the onset that I only came into the country just over a year ago, so why not decline me there and then? Why steal my money? If I could give them a zero rating, I would. UNETHICAL

Reviewed on 28th October 2020
Freddie 's avatar
Freddie

Mortgages

Great service, great people, great product

Would highly recommend! MBS helped us in 2018 to buy our new home and they made the process clear and easy, have recommended them to lots of friends

Reviewed on 3rd February 2020
CG's avatar
CG

Savings Products

I have been taking out Regular Saver Products, these have been excellent, the interest rates have been very generous and then I have been taking a new product after 12 months. Its enabled me to have money saved.

Reviewed on 25th January 2020
Jason Davies 's avatar
Jason Davies

Straightforward and speedy

Smooth process, kept updated, information given in easy to understand format.

Reviewed on 25th January 2020
Dr Katie Wright's avatar
Dr Katie Wright

Savings

Good rate of interest compared to other banks/building societies

Sally D's avatar
Sally D

Great service and rates

The regular saver i opened was best rate around and staff excellent

Tim's avatar
Tim

Good Rates, Efficient Service

We dealt with our local Swansea branch. All very easy and straightforward. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Good ISA savings rates.

Paul Fisk's avatar
Paul Fisk

Simple..Honest..Local

My title says it all. Easy to understand products. Excellent local service supporting the community

Vaugha's avatar
Vaugha

really friendly service

My husband and I had been on a interest only mortgage for some time and were looking to switch to a repayment mortgage. As new home owners our mortgage knowledge was limited. MBS helped us understand the products available, and placed no pressure on us to borrow with them. They made me feel valued and not just a number.

Reviewed on 15th January 2020
Jody's avatar
Jody

Savings

Solid, dependable & innovative!

Monmouthshire building society provides some very competitive savings accounts,I'm very happy with my ISA and SaverPlus accounts both offer very competitive interest rates & I like having traditional passbooks & the ability to access & action things online if I choose to.In addition Monmouthshire is a forward looking building society,willing to take a calculated risk in planning to provide current accounts for its members & potential new customers.....well done Monmouthshire for waving the flag for mutuality AND innovation as opposed to burying your head in the sand & hoping for the best (unlike a lot of building societies!)

Marksparc's avatar
Marksparc

Savings superstars

Their super regular savers have been consistently amazing! To make things even better the experience in opening accounts knocks spots off other competitors and left me feeling nothing but valued

Eve's avatar
Eve

Personal service

The Monmouthshire Building Society have provided my family and me with personal service for over 60 years, both with mortgages and savings. Although we have used other banks and building society, they remain our firm favourite!

Pamela Linton's avatar
Pamela Linton

Quality Products, Outstanding Staff

I was diagnosed with a rare type of bone cancer, in April 2017. My life has changed out of all recognition. My mobility is very restricted. All the staff, in the Abertillery Agency, have been absolutely outstanding in helping me at one of the most difficult times of my life. Cannot thank or praise them enough.

Philip Crozier's avatar
Philip Crozier

Superb service

Superb service from MBS and ability to help in areas that not all mainstream lenders can!

Dave 's avatar
Dave

Excellent service!

The process of applying and obtaining my mortgage was super efficient and the personal service was great!

Reviewed on 17th December 2019
GC's avatar
GC

Mighty Monmouthshire

At the bottom of the Financial Crisis, the Monmouthshire mortgaged us, when seemingly no-one else would. Seven years later, we still get great rates and great customer service. I've already recommended them, and I would again.

Reviewed on 29th November 2019
Dan Cook's avatar
Dan Cook

Savings

Excellent customer care on my doorstep

I feel very lucky to have this little friendly Building Society on my doorstep, especially at a time when so many local services are being centrallised and unaccessible.... Read more

The staff are welcoming and take so much time explaining all the product choices etc in so much detail, allowing time to ask questions and taylor your products to suit circumstances. No online service can or will offer this and I hope you are here to stay!
The staff feel like my friends, as well as being fully uo to date on all that Monmouthshire has to offer.
I would not hesitate in recommending my branch in particular to others.
I have had a difficult year, hopefully next year things might start to look up and I can be a better saver.
Thanks again to the 'Clevedon girls'

Reviewed on 26th November 2019
Jane Churches's avatar
Jane Churches

excellent

Monmouthshire building society is our mortgage provider for so many years & as customer we have amazing experience.

Reviewed on 21st November 2019
Imelda Meer's avatar
Imelda Meer

Savings

We have been using the Monmouthshire Building Society for over 25 years since my oldest son was a baby. They have a great range of savings products and are always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed on 20th November 2019