WeSwap Reviews

Ratings based on 1,873 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

WeSwap is the new way to get travel money. Rather than buying it from a bank or elsewhere, people in different countries swap with each other. We believe in simple transparent pricing. We won't quote 0% commission while hiding our fees in a bad exchange rate. Smart Money People is the place for WeSwap reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

WeSwap Review Insight

WeSwap Products 1,873

Worst company ever

I have have been a WeSwap customer for a number of years and currently have a considerable dollar balance sitting in my account which I can’t access. I have not received a new card, cant order one in the App, the App shows a Zero balance and I am unable to get any response from my many complaints. Customer service is awful. Currently they have my money and I can't access this - pretty appalling all round.

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
Peter's avatar
Peter

they have our money

tried to get our money both the latest cards come back card invalid they have stolen our money dont trust them will need to take legal action against them

Reviewed on 16th September 2021
James Sendall's avatar
James Sendall

Avoid

Won't release funds. Over £200 on card I cannot access. No customer service.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
society's sista's avatar
society's sista

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

WeSwap have lost more than 900 euro of my money and in spite of agreeing it is due do not return it There are many many people in my position - read all reviews and be warned

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
andrewg willowfarm's avatar
andrewg willowfarm

You can count on them

2020 has been difficult for everyone but WeSwap has proven to be there for their customers also in these thought times

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
MariaElena 's avatar
MariaElena

Travel Money

EXCELLENT travel money card with great rates

WeSwap is as excellent travel money app and card that offers great rates on currency and is easy to top up wherever you are.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
Kirsty Poole's avatar
Kirsty Poole

Peace of mind

Previously, when travelling, I would take cash and all my cards; now I will never travel without my WeSwap card. During a recent trip to the States my wallet was left in a taxi, after the initial panic and worry of losing my wallet, I remembered that I would be able to block the card via the app to prevent any unauthorised use of my card. I was angry at myself but had peace of mind that at least the balance on my card could not be accessed.
I did however, after endless phone calls chasing a non responsive taxi driver, eventually get my wallet back. It was then duly unblocked within seconds ready to use again. Going forwards it will be the only card I have in my wallet whilst travelling abroad. Thank you WeSwap for the peace of mind having the card gave me.

Reviewed on 16th February 2020
Sarah S 's avatar
Sarah S

Travel Money

Super simple but saved the day

You know how complicated dealing with banks over the phone can be - usually takes an hour or more and by the time you have tried and failed to remember obscure passwords and given them your blood group and retinal scan you have just about given up the will to live. Well not WeSwap! No, whilst walking in Greece one year I had one (of many senior moments) and could not remember my PIN number. B&B bill looming and panic setting in, i phoned WeSwap expecting to be told they would send a new PIN number to my home address........whilst I languished in a local gaol for non payment of debt. It was a Sunday and you were open with a lovely lady who told me my PIN number. I burbled my relief to her, paid the bill and enjoyed the rest of my holiday. No crisis, no drama, all done in under ten minutes, absolutely fantastic. Knocked the socks off any other bank I have ever dealt with!!

Reviewed on 11th February 2020
Marion Lawrie's avatar
Marion Lawrie

Travel Money

The quick way to get your quick, smart holiday buck!

Easy to use, best rates done quickly and efficiently. Total convert to this way of getting travel money!

Reviewed on 10th February 2020
Kim Roden's avatar
Kim Roden

Simply the best

Accepted almost every where Card is my favourite travel buddy

Dipen Raithatha's avatar
Dipen Raithatha

Commission free foreign exchange if you can wait 7 days

WeSwap are great, they provide a debit card & an easy to use mobile app, and it's really easy to add money & then swap it for foreign currency. If you can wait 7 days for it too then you don't pay any commission at all. Highly recommended.

Gary Davison's avatar
Gary Davison

Hassle-free, good rates

So easy to organise travel money, hassle-free and with very competitive rates

Richard Crowther's avatar
Richard Crowther

The best

Hey it is so easy & the rates are brilliant you can even get it free

Rod's avatar
Rod

Safe, quick and easy

One enjoyed using WeSwap because I can safely move money into my card weeks in advance pre just the day before. I can top up in the go and know it will be accepted anywhere. The fees are very reasonable compared to using my other bank cards

Jen55's avatar
Jen55

Best card on the market

Use this as my go to card for all my travel needs. Best rates on the market and easy to top up and transfer between currencies if needed. Flexible clear charging system so you know exactly what your paying up front. Wish all banks were this transparent.

Lee Richards's avatar
Lee Richards

Ideal travel companion

Using WeSwap for currency is so much easier for travelling and exploring, otherwise spending the entire trip worrying about losing cash! As the card is a visa it's accepted almost everywhere which is ideal for paying for meals or drinks at the bar, or even online payment for excursions.

Sally Lush's avatar
Sally Lush

Excellent app

Never any problems when using the service. Great to have what I need on the card .

Harrison Wayne's avatar
Harrison Wayne

MRS TAYLOR

Thus far so good. Even in Colombia where I was unable to change to Colombian Peso I could use my WeSwap card at ATM's as long as the balance was in GBP and not US$. This was a surprise! Once I had it sorted there were simply no problems.

Jackie Taylor's avatar
Jackie Taylor

Really useful product

I like being prepared b4 traveling and staying in control financially during a trip. WeSwap helps me do just that with their suite of financial travel products. Highly recommended!

Christopher's avatar
Christopher

excellent

A fabulous way of saving for your getaway

Neil Haskell's avatar