Argos Reviews

Argos has been helping to protect cats, dogs and pet owners for over 10 years. Smart Money People is the place for Argos reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Argos Review Insight

Argos Products 56

Pet Insurance

BAD

If I could have scored Argos Pet Insurance (Platinum), I would have scored it ZERO...not even 1... Read more

Massive scam folks, dont sign up. Better off putting your £50+ in an account of your own.

Or, a contribution to an organisation that actually wants to help like the PDSA for us folks who are financially struggling and SICK of scam outfits like Argos Pet Insurance.

Take care all.

Reviewed on 6th January 2021
Amanda Walsh 's avatar
Amanda Walsh

Extortionate rees app poor

Argos app will ignore your payment option and allocate the money to 9thet credit leaving you to pay for late fees, the late fee 8s 12 pounds!!! Even if you only used 23 pounfs credit!

Reviewed on 29th December 2020
Barbara's avatar
Barbara

Callous unethical credit company

I used Argos credit and unfortunately was unable to pay-my fault. So I arranged a payment plan and they put me through to a company called Moorcroft who agreed to take on my account and payments. So I started making min payments to them and what do you know, Argos are still logging arrears despite me making payments to Moorcroft who should be managing my account now. They were rude and did not accept responsibility for this error. Poor unethical company! Please avoid!

Reviewed on 26th October 2020
Markrs's avatar
Markrs

Avoid

Cheap till your pet gets a problem. I'm tired in now and renewal is up to 254 pound. They dont care about animals, they just care about money

Reviewed on 6th October 2020
Lee Davison's avatar
Lee Davison

Best bnpl

Easy to use and understand. One of the best buy now pay later plans around. Everything on the app is well planned out so you no what needs to be paid by when to avoid interest.

Reviewed on 11th September 2020
Nrea's avatar
Nrea

Warranty

Bought a warranty on my coffee machine, a year in it breaks and is promptly replaced by Argos! No questions asked :)

Reviewed on 8th May 2020
Shazia Khan's avatar
Shazia Khan

Wicked

Banging services Keep up good work

Reviewed on 30th April 2020
Andrew's avatar
Andrew

Credit Card

Unpleasant letter, having never missed a payment in 10 plus years.

I have received a lovely letter informing me that my credit score could be affected if payments are not increased - and that my account is under... Read more

I have received a lovely letter informing me that my credit score could be affected if payments are not increased - and that my account is under observation?
Considering I pay by variable direct debit and pay large sums off periodically, I am dumbfounded.
At a time when the obvious virus is stressful enough - is there any need to send letters such as these when payments are always made.
Argos card now resembles a jigsaw - balance to be paid in full and account closed.

Reviewed on 25th March 2020
Michael Jones's avatar
Michael Jones

Credit Card

appalling trying to pay Argos card

Reg my card tried to pay on line said I had then said it hadn’t gone through ... Read more

Reg my card tried to pay on line said I had then said it hadn’t gone through
So I rang this morning 3 times cut of 3 times my statement doesn’t say what I have bought
Charging me £12 late payment when I can not get though on phone and it’s not taking my payment
When fin paying I’m done it’s a waste of time
One women asked me my details another didn’t
And one rude to me on the phone so what now ARGOS

Reviewed on 13th February 2020
Gloria 's avatar
Gloria

poor practice

Due to unforseen and very difficult circumstance I ended up in a financial pickle, this was in 2013/14, another 2 years of financial struggle I found myself in a debt relief order, which was granted. and everyone was informed. I didn't hear from any of my debtors and still haven't, my circumstance got worse (health) after a year all debts were lifted. or so I thought, fast forward 3 and a half years after the debt relief order, I recieved a letter out of the blue from argos, claiming it had now sold my debt with them onto arrow global who btw are using one of their alias names - capquest to try and chase me for a debt which is part of a debt relief order 3 years ago. I contacted Argos and Argos are claiming that they have never had confirmation of any debt relief order. If this is true then why did Argos not correspond with either myself or any other debt recovery company before now or any time in the last 3 and a half years.

I have NEVER had any other credit with argos nor any other company since prior to the debt relief order.

Reviewed on 5th February 2020
confuzzled's avatar
confuzzled

Good stuff

A nice dish prepering to the high standard

Reviewed on 29th January 2020
Szymon's avatar
Szymon

Credit Card

Threatening Letter's and no right to complain!

Started to receive demands for payment from their card services for a debt that is not mine (someone else's name at my address that I have lived there for 20 years. Spoke to them and told send back and they will correct. 5 letters and phone calls later, still kept receiving them, then started get debt collector threats of legal action. Wrote and complained to be told as the debt is not mine, I have no rights to complain and that they will continue to send threatening letters until the real person contacts them to change the address!! What a load of **** as if whoever gave a fraudulent address (which they should have check them out before giving credit) is going to have a change of heart and tell them where they actually live. Never use store cards and will never use Argo's again too!

Reviewed on 13th November 2019
Warren Craddock's avatar
Warren Craddock

Pet Insurance

Rip off insurance but tied in

We have a 3 year old dog. When we first had her, we took insurance out. At 6 months, we claimed as she had a slight limp. She had xrays, and it determined a slight issue with her shoulder joint that required no further treatment. That year, her insurance was £20 per month. The following year, it rose to £35 per month. I understood we had claimed, but thought no more of it. This year, its gone up to £47 per month. I rang to ask why and they said its her age!!! They couldn't reduce it and I cant go elsewhere as she has a preexisting condition. At this rate, by the time she is 8 it will £100 per month. not happy but stuck .

Reviewed on 1st September 2019
Sarah Louise Gray's avatar
Sarah Louise Gray

Good argos review

Brilliant scheme 0 interest free helps with paying big items back spread over time. Also offer great deals all the time very pleased customer.

Reviewed on 27th August 2019
Clarissa's avatar
Clarissa

cool

it's good and a lot of choice and quick

Reviewed on 14th July 2019
Andrew's avatar
Andrew

Ok

Not the best experience, service could be improved

Reviewed on 6th July 2019
Rachel Quinn's avatar
Rachel Quinn

Warranty

Peace of mind on purchases

The extended warranty on products is usually inexpensive and gives peace of mind, especially when purchasing for my children.

Reviewed on 9th June 2019
TabbyKat's avatar
TabbyKat

argos pet insurance

great service with value for money and peace of mind to be with a large company x

Reviewed on 22nd May 2019
betsy ferguson's avatar
betsy ferguson

The Best Bank

I find very easy, helpful staff and it's a best bank in the world.I recommend this.

Reviewed on 9th February 2019