Atom Bank Reviews

Visit Atom Bank

Atom Bank reviews can help you to get the inside track on this new mobile-first bank based in Durham and looking to disrupt banking as we know it.

Atom Bank aims to be fair and transparent, and act in the best interests of its customers...a bank that "really doesn't act like a bank at all."

So whether you're looking for reviews of their launch product, the fixed term savings account, their new digital mortgages, or their long anticipated current account, take a look below to see what our community is saying about their experiences of using the app. Smart Money People is the number 1 place online for your Atom Bank reviews. Using your reviews, we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Atom Bank Review Insight

Atom Bank Products 110

Quick and easy

This is a review of the Atom Instant Access account. The rate is very good in comparison to the market and once registered, their app and speed of transfer are super quick. Good to know with instant access - which you might need in an emergency

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
Mark's avatar
Mark

Digital Mortgages

Good security, awful chat facility

Friendly to deal... Read more

Friendly to deal with.
Love signing in using my face! So easy :)
Good interest rates on my savings and great mortgage rate.
BUT - big issue with the chat - it reloads or times out* very* quickly, so in order to ask a question you must reduce it to as few words as possible, or else try to copy and paste while the thing reloads. If your paste doesn't work in time you have to start again... ?! Bewildering and bizarre.

Reviewed on 4th March 2021
Sarsarsar's avatar
Sarsarsar

Fixed Saver

Dreadful app and no way to manage account on the web

You can only access your account using the mobile app which is very badly designed. Simple tasks take ages. There is no messaging service only a very slow online chat which is inefficient for customers and their staff. I have used hundreds of apps, and this is not a good one. It used to be worth struggling with it when Atom offered products with good interest rates but since they don't do that any longer my advice is to avoid.

Reviewed on 20th February 2021
Simon Tompsett's avatar
Simon Tompsett

Nightmare

The app might work, but nothing else does. I echo the last reviewer. Every bank needs to have security procedures to avoid fraud but this bank takes it to planet moron. It is impossible to get money out of the fixed saver without practically giving a DNA sample and it's even impossible to pay money in, without being put through forensic processes. They manage to make the simplest of transactions so onerous that basically you just start to lose the will to live. I don't have enough words to describe the idiocy and lack of common sense that prevails in their processes.

Reviewed on 12th December 2020
A.M.O's avatar
A.M.O

Avoid at all cost

If I could give 0 stars I would. I have a fixed rate saver which I have taken out for 12 months at a time. I am currently mid way through my third year with atom. I have tried to take some money out due to financial hardship because of covid. My husband is furloughed and 2 of my adult children have lost their jobs and moved back home. I have sent documentation to show my newly accrued debt but still they will not release my money. People often talk about responsible lending but but what about responsible saving, atom bank are more than happy allow me to to get into debt rather than part with my money.

Reviewed on 14th October 2020
Stephanie Kyle's avatar
Stephanie Kyle

Digital Mortgages

Thanks for helping during covid

Atom's team was very helpful and the experience to request a payment holiday was totally stress free one compared to some others banks that I am dealing with. Thanks!

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Ajay's avatar
Ajay

Digital Mortgages

No trust in their customers

I have saved hard to pay off my mortgage and now I am able to do so Atom bank are not allowing me without a list of additional proofs as to there the money is from. I am outraged by this. Having worked all my life and payed full taxes as PAYE, paying high interest rates to Atom bank on my mortgage and a high leaving fee they have the cheek to tell me to prove how I am paying my mortgage off. They have been happy to take my money with interest each month. The money is being paid from my Bank account which is paid to me by my employer. Who do they think they are? I will NEVER bank with them again. Greedy, distrusting and distrustful. I would give them zero stars if this was an option. I DO NOT recommend Atom bank.

Reviewed on 31st May 2020
WD's avatar
WD

Easy to use

Easy to apply and use app, great customer service

Reviewed on 30th April 2020
Nic's avatar
Nic

Digital Mortgages

Excellent customer service and service

I have a mortgage with Atom and couldn’t be happier with their service and support as a home owner.

Reviewed on 27th March 2020
Lisa Marie's avatar
Lisa Marie

Fixed Saver

App that doesn't work. Poor customer service.

Opened an account 10 months ago. Tried to log on to update my linked current account details , and the App. didn't work. Message saying go to PlayStore to update the App. so I tried. NO NEW APP. AVAILABLE for my device. They had made App. obsolete for Android devices operating on older systems , but NOT bothered to properly notify customers. I downloaded the App. on my mobile 'phone , but it would not recognise my registered face despite 30+ attempts. Their biometrics is crude and rubbish. Most frustrating and disappointing banking experience in 40 years of banking. Avoid this company and look for similar rates elsewhere.

Reviewed on 27th March 2020
Paul Bateson's avatar
Paul Bateson

Fixed Saver

Watch out for version of operating system you're on

Have been a savings customer for a year or two. Based on interest rate you can't fault them. However the old version of the app was atrocious, obviously written by a child. But they have released a new version which is marginally... Read more

Have been a savings customer for a year or two. Based on interest rate you can't fault them. However the old version of the app was atrocious, obviously written by a child. But they have released a new version which is marginally better.
But as a result one of my devices is no longer supported.
That left me with just smart phone access.
The speed is so slow it's verging on unusable. I'm on Android version 8. It turns out they only fully support the two latest versions.
This is totally unacceptable. I have NO other speed problems with ANY other app.
My device will not be upgraded (Moto), and I'm certainly not buying a new device just because of Atom.
The difference in interest rates is marginal so any new money is going elsewhere.
If national interest rates weren't so low, it wouldn't stand a chance with performance like this. It's entered the market at a good time for them and has effectively a captive audience.

Reviewed on 10th February 2020
Dave's avatar
Dave

Good savings product

A good experience saving for a fixed period of time recommended via Martin Lewis, always a good backing to have! Competitive interest rates for fixed term saving. Track savings via app. Interest rate paid out upon maturity of fixed term.

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Fiona sutherland's avatar
Fiona sutherland

Simple

Really simple and easy to use. My moneys safe and easy to use app

Reviewed on 22nd January 2020
Ema Allan's avatar
Ema Allan

Avoid like the plague

Wish I could give 0 stars to this... Read more

Wish I could give 0 stars to this company.
After signing up to an account with a compatible device and handing over a large sum of money, this company decides to remove support for my device just prior to my account maturing from its fixed period, with no prior warning preventing me accessing my account... Furthermore they do not list which devices are compatible only a list of OS which may be currently supported and no details of how long they will be supported for so i am now expected to go and buy a new device which will probably cost as much as any interest i have earnt in the last 2 years just so i can access my money.
This seems very much like it could be a tactic to keep hold of a customers money for a bank in financial struggles... if i were you i would stay well away!

UPDATE:
I have now been told:
"I understand how frustrating it is when a device that has worked previously no longer supports the App you are using. This can happen when a device or App upgrade takes place. Because of this possibility we do advise on page 3 of your App T&Cs, under the heading Device Compatibility, that customers make sure that they own a compatible device with a compatible operating system for the entire term of any products they may have with us."

Dont try and blame a customer when they conplain... I have kept my device which was compatible for the term of the contract inline with your Terms and conditions, YOU have moved the goalposts!

Reviewed on 21st January 2020
Dan's avatar
Dan

App no longer works

Latest app update 'no longer compatible with my phone' Advice was use another phone, dowload the app on it and see if it will work on it! What a way to run a bank.

Reviewed on 18th January 2020
Grant Webster's avatar
Grant Webster

Awesome Atom

Brilliant customer service from end to end

Reviewed on 17th January 2020
Sarah Bell's avatar
Sarah Bell

Best Digital bank in Scotland

I became so frustrated with my high street bank and was looking for a new bank with a new look and vision. I found it in Atom bank. Moved commercial mortgage business over to them to test them out and now talking to the same guys to give them the rest of my business. It was so painless and took up very little of my valuable time.
Well done Atom. It’s time to expand in Scotland because I am always recommending you guys with no fear to my reputation.

Tony Kelly's avatar
Tony Kelly

Fantastic Digital Bank

Took a mortgage out with Atom Bank with an excellent rate (best in the market at the time). Fantastic communication from start to finish, everything went smoothly (you can't say that for a lot of mortgages), excellent customer... Read more

Took a mortgage out with Atom Bank with an excellent rate (best in the market at the time). Fantastic communication from start to finish, everything went smoothly (you can't say that for a lot of mortgages), excellent customer service.
The app is great with many ways on how to log in making it very personal for those who use it. Everything is held within the app so there is no need to keep paper copies - saving the planet!
Best experience i've had with any bank.

LFLINTER's avatar
LFLINTER

Best and quickest experience

In comparison to other mortgage providers this was the smoothest and most efficient experience.

Phil's avatar
Phil

Outstanding

great mortgage provider - would recommend to anyone

Reviewed on 13th January 2020