Capital Credit Union Reviews

Ratings based on 657 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

Anyone who lives or works in Edinburgh, the Lothians and the Scottish Borders is eligible to become a member of the Capital Credit Union. Smart Money People is the place for Capital Credit Union reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Capital Credit Union Review Insight

Features

Capital Credit Union Products 657

Loans

Really good helped me a lot

Excellent company and brilliant always there to help

Reviewed on 1st September 2021
Jamie hetherington's avatar
Jamie hetherington

Savings

Helping me save for important things over the years.

Very helpful, friendly and efficient. Helped out some years ago with a loan at short notice when it was a sudden unexpected expenditure.

Reviewed on 27th August 2021
Nicola Read's avatar
Nicola Read

cooker loan

my cooker broken down unexpectedly I contacted capital credit union to see if they could help me I have two children, I explained my situation to the member of staff on the phone they were very helpful and dealt with my application I was able to buy my new cooker. when paying back my loan I am also saving if anything else happens in the future I know I have something saved I am delighted with the services and the way they loaned to me.

Reviewed on 17th August 2021
R ketchen's avatar
R ketchen

Savings

Great service and easy to save

before saving with capital credit union I could not save this way my savings are separate out of sight meaning I am able to build that nest egg everyone has always talked about.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
J Mcvay's avatar
J Mcvay

Loans

Friendly and helpful loan advice..

Always a very helpful and friendly loan service. The Savings account is a no-brainer and as it's off and away from the High Street Banks, a lovely safe nest-egg. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11th August 2021
JoJo Hernandez's avatar
JoJo Hernandez

Savings

Great customer service - even in lockdown!

I joined the credit union during lockdown and the whole process was really simple. Everyone I was in contact with was brilliant - so helpful even though they were working under difficult circumstances. The communication from Capital is also great - just enough to feel informed but not overwhelmed. I’ve already been recommending them to my friends.

Reviewed on 6th August 2021
Laura H's avatar
Laura H

Savings

great customer service always happy to help.

a pleasure to talk with the staff I have always had a friendly voice at the end of the phone nothing is ever an issue with the team.

Reviewed on 3rd August 2021
c graham's avatar
c graham

Great way to save

A friend said about the capital credit union, glad he did it’s a great way to save money. I wish I’d joined earlier

Reviewed on 30th July 2021
Colin's avatar
Colin

Personal loan

I have been borrowing from capital credit union for a number of years now and always find my experience smooth sailing and very pleasant

Reviewed on 30th July 2021
Lisa's avatar
Lisa

Great Way to Save

Never had any issues, great support, friendly staff. Not only do I now have savings, I have used Capital Credit for loans which in turn have boosted my credit rating. During a hard financial period I was given great advice and was able to sort things out.

Reviewed on 27th July 2021
Kasey McGarry's avatar
Kasey McGarry

Kind helpful Staff

Answered my question helpful would recommend credit union to anyone who need a small loan

Reviewed on 25th July 2021
Theresa Robinson 's avatar
Theresa Robinson

Loans

They're willing to help! Available when you need them.

I have been their member for long years! Recommended it for so many now are enjoying as members as well!

Reviewed on 21st July 2021
A Sweet Dose's avatar
A Sweet Dose

Savings

Have been happy with Capital Credit Union for the many years I have been a member

Quick response and assistance when required

Graham Scott's avatar
Graham Scott

Clear Helpful Advice

Establishing the right amount of a loan with option to enter the lottery was just right for my income and repayment levels . Friendly knowledgeable people . Thank you

caroline@utterlybespoke.com's avatar
caroline@utterlybespoke.com

best loans

For me, CCU has been able to cover my member loan needs as a responsible lender, with the best low interest rates and less red tape than all the lenders I have dealt with in the past.

Abel Fararira's avatar
Abel Fararira

Brilliant

Been with them years now never have i ever had any problems

Reviewed on 12th July 2021
Leeann's avatar
Leeann

Easy to Save.

I have saved with Capital Credit Union for years. I don't miss the money as it comes out of my bank account at source. When I wish to withdraw funds, it is hassle free and money in my bank account very quickly.

Linda McFadyen's avatar
Linda McFadyen

Loans

I have been with credit union for years they have helped me enormously I have paid my loans of and now save with them, the team is always on hand and always there to help

Janette Morgan's avatar
Janette Morgan

Simply the best

I joined CCU after getting into financial difficulties. Since then my finances have settled down and I now feel in control of my money. Although I don't really need my CCU account anymore, if is like my safety blanket and reminds me how easy it can be to get in to trouble if I don't take care.

Lynne Woodman's avatar
Lynne Woodman

Great company

Only way i had ever managed to save makes this company tops for me . Now i have savings getting a loan is so easy dealing with them they are allways very efficient

Paul Robertson's avatar