Ecology Building Society Savings Reviews

Ecology Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Ecology Building Society. How easy is it to contact Ecology Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Ecology Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Ecology Building Society Review Insight

Your Savings Reviews

Review Ecology Building Society's Savings now

Ethically sound and great to deal with

I've been an investor with the Ecology Building Society for longer than I can remember - probably 20 years by... Read more

I've been an investor with the Ecology Building Society for longer than I can remember - probably 20 years by now.

They've always been my go-to savings provider. Yes, the interest rates may not be the highest, but it's a tiny price to pay for knowing that your money is 100% ethically invested - no ifs, no buts.

They're great to deal with, too. You always get straight through to a person (not like some providers who subject long-suffering customers to endless queues with stupid music - you know who you are!) and they're infallibly efficient and friendly.

What's not to like?

Reviewed on 1st May 2021
Simon Jones's avatar
Simon Jones

25 years saving with the Ecology

The magazine with inspirational eco-homes using passivehaus items imported and reclaimed materials.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
Sarah Waterton's avatar
Sarah Waterton

Fantastic service and ethical

Always efficient and it's ethical.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
Billy Tipping's avatar
Billy Tipping

Ethical, efficient, personal

I feel I'm dealing with real people at EBS, whereas other banks seem to be staffed by machines. And they are fruly ethical. That matters.

Chris Miller's avatar
Chris Miller

Nobody I'd rather bank with

Ecology are great and continue to improve their services. I only wish I could have a current account with them too. I've been a customer for 11 years now and have had no issues at all - just a great ethical savings option.

Dave S's avatar
Dave S

Ecology is Simply Genuine.

Ecology Simply Do what they set out to.... Ecological environmentally sound mortgages. And... Read more

Ecology Simply Do what they set out to.... Ecological environmentally sound mortgages. And Savings.
No waste of money on over glossy ads, over inflating claims of size.
Ecology is honest. When they write inform me of product changes, it's real, straightforward and legible.
Ecology employ genuine people who speak to me like a real intelligent person. There's no double speak. Just sincere friendly communication.
I trust ecology integrity.

Zoe Hayward's avatar
Zoe Hayward

working for a better environment

Ecology have provided a consistently high standard of service, in line with their ethical principles!

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
JR's avatar
JR

Great service combined with an ethical approach

I opened a monthly saver with Ecology. It was easy to set up and run, an ok interest rate, and no requirement to open an new account each year. Any dealings with the society have been efficient and friendly. Great to know my money is being invested in ecological and ethical ways.

Sylvia 's avatar
Sylvia

Ethical, easy and friendly

I've invested with Ecology for years now, since they were (one of) the first genuinely ethical savings provider out there. Their products are easy to understand and use, their customer service is excellent and it's great to know my savings are safe while doing good work!

EthicalCu's avatar
EthicalCu

Ethical Savings

Good to have an ethical savings account. Also at a higher savings rate than most (less ethical) savings accounts. Great to take part in an ethical organisation

Robin Talbot's avatar
Robin Talbot

I know my savings are being used ethically

I know my savings are being used ethically and giving me a good return. The company is always easy to talk to and transactions happen smoothly

Reviewed on 12th April 2021
Julian Batt's avatar
Julian Batt

Efficient Ethical Building Society

Ecology Building Society keeps me up to date abut their savings' products. I appreciate their snapshots of what properties they have loaned money for. I can always telephone their office and speak to a real person.

Reviewed on 11th April 2021
Hilary Coomnbes's avatar
Hilary Coomnbes

Amazing ethics and customer service all rolled in to one.

The Ecology Building Society is a safe and smart place to save your money. Not only do you know that your money is being invested in ethical ways but also that you are getting a competitive rate of return.

anderson.sarah247@gmail.com's avatar
anderson.sarah247@gmail.com

Great to know money is supporting worthwhile projects.

Using the 90-day notice account for funds from early inheritence, to be used for our children in the future. Reassuring to know that community projects can benefit from our savings. Ecology have kept me informed clearly of any developments over the past 12 months.

Sally Barber's avatar
Sally Barber

Ethical, professional, reliable

Ethics excellent, communication excellent, and tailored to what we need, eg my daughter can’t spend time on a screen so gets all her communications by post.

Mrs Guntrip's avatar
Mrs Guntrip

Good savings rates with excellent ethics

After spending quite a bit of time reviewing available ethical savings accounts, the Ecology Building Society regular saver account came out with one of the best rates whilst meeting all the ethical criteria i was concerned about. It also seemed a good longer term option as it wasn't just an introductory rate that would drop to near-zero after 12 months like certain competitor's offerings!

Richard Thomas's avatar
Richard Thomas

Supports my principles

Great ethical organisation with which to save. Knowing my money is invested in projects, such as housing, that make a difference and are important to me.

Rosemary Clarke's avatar
Rosemary Clarke

Great service from an Ethical provider

Ecology is a great small building society. I like the fact that my money is lent out on environmentally friendly projects.

Donald Corbett's avatar
Donald Corbett

The greater green good!

A wonderful organisation that thinks locally and acts globally. We are in climate emergency. Ecology Building Society do whatever it takes to do the right thing with their ethical savings products.

Al's avatar
Al

Environmentally and economically very, very good

Very sound with advice, performance and customer services

Rob Donaldson's avatar