Elephant Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 52 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Elephant insurance reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about this insurance company. Smart Money People is the UK's independent financial services review site. Read and write Elephant insurance reviews, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Elephant Insurance Review Insight

Extremely Unprofessional AVOID AT ALL COSTS

I have been with Elephant for three years and didn't have much issues until I changed my Multi Car insurance to Single Car insurance which I didn't have good discount and been offered nearly half price from different insurance... Read more

I have been with Elephant for three years and didn't have much issues until I changed my Multi Car insurance to Single Car insurance which I didn't have good discount and been offered nearly half price from different insurance companies.

I made a complaint after the investigation Elephant didn't offered me a better quote and I decided to cancel it. Jason Parnell Customer Assurance Executive contacted over the phone and explained me the cancellation terms and told me that they had to charge for cancellation fee and they will give me refund of £78.28 because I wanted to go with cheaper insurance I accepted and cancelled the insurance. This conversation happened at 14:01.

At 19:37 my wife received an email from Jason Parnell which I attached his response here;

FormCode: COM022 217992454/EL/P001 Dear Mrs Sahin Policy Number: P63762705 Complaint Reference: 201231000

I have just spoke with your husband Serhat regarding the cancellation and advanced there would be a refund of £78.28. However, when I got off the phone I noticed that it is actually an outstanding balance of £78.28 that will be owing on the policy as this would cover the cancellation fee and time on cover costs. I am emailing as I am having technical difficulties once again or I would have called to advise. This payment is showing that it would be due on 13/11/2021 and would come out shortly after that date. I apologise for the inconvenience. Yours sincerely
Jason Parnell Customer Assurance Executive

This is an absolute disgrace, I was on the phone with him and he already stated that they were going go refund that amount, It's all recorded I can't believe this especially company like Admiral.

We recently paid our monthly payment and this is totally acceptable. I attached his correspondence so everyone can see how trustworthy and unprofessional Elephant insurance are, I will definitely take this further and will get Financial Ombudsman to resolve this for me definitely not having this.

Reviewed on 8th January 2021
Gulcan Sahin's avatar
Gulcan Sahin

Home Insurance

Never had a problem

Never had a problem but service was setup and communication was fast

Reviewed on 17th July 2020
Boobehgrump's avatar
Boobehgrump

Worst nightmare ever

Worst experience ever. Insured car with Elephant, stolen the following day. Claim denied costing £15k. Escalating to Financial Ombudsman m, total ... Read more

Worst experience ever. Insured car with Elephant, stolen the following day. Claim denied costing £15k. Escalating to Financial Ombudsman m, total nightmare.

STAY AWAY THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF INSURANCE COMPANIES BE CAREFUL OF WEBSITES LIKE CONFUSED.com and money supermarket.com as you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 11th January 2020
Kyle's avatar
Kyle

Great Service

They are quick to answer the phone and always give great customer service. They help when you are stuck and try their best to help you out to get the best option for your situation.

Reviewed on 12th September 2019
A's avatar
A

Car Insurance

Brilliant for my car insurance!

Fantastic company, easy to use website to update address details or anything else you need to, fab customer service never had any problems and very competitive prices!

Reviewed on 9th September 2019
Liz Bower's avatar
Liz Bower

Good but...

Competitive prices, but when it comes to renewal they don't try hard enough to keep you on board and offer much higher premiums than the year before.

Reviewed on 6th September 2019
Joah's avatar
Joah

Still on hold

Still on hold, phoning to talk about auto renewal for my insurance, I received the auto renewal today via email. When setting up the policy last year i requested auto renewal taken off, my new quote is £980 my other quotes online are £580 so trying to discuss it with them. So far as i write this i have been holding for 1.19.28 minutes... This is absolutely shocking service for a paying customer... If they are this desperate to keep the renewal higher than everyone else then they have lost my trust in an insurance company.

Reviewed on 4th September 2019
James Francis's avatar
James Francis

Not bad

I've always found the customer service to be very welcoming, friendly and useful.

Reviewed on 19th August 2019
Chel90-s's avatar
Chel90-s

Good value insurance

I experience a good service puchasing this insurance which was at competitive price. Overall this is good value insurance

Reviewed on 16th July 2019
Jean Cass's avatar
Jean Cass

ELEPHANT

quite a descent car insurance cover.

Reviewed on 6th July 2019
tuurist's avatar
tuurist

Didn't let us down

We had a rock fly up and hit our windscreen on the motorway, and despite significant hassle and delay from the windscreen repair company, Elephant kept on them and made things happen. Couldn't commend them more.

Reviewed on 5th July 2019
GH_'s avatar
GH_

Car Insurance

I’ve had our family fleet insured with elephant and it was hassle free to get the insurance in place and they don’t charge to put a personalised registration on at any time mid policy. Win win.

Reviewed on 5th July 2019
Choudrys 's avatar
Choudrys

Customer since 2009

Customer since... Read more

Customer since 2009!
Today I had the absolute pleasure of speaking to Clint at Elephant Car Insurance about my yearly Insurance renewal. He managed to deal with every question and query I had with such an upbeat attitude. I have always had such a good customer service experience with Elephant but Clint went above and beyond to make my experience this time the best it has ever been.
Elephant have always been able to better any quote I have had and it sure pays off to be a loyal customer!
Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 25th May 2019
Pippa Lacey's avatar
Pippa Lacey

Great customer service

After dealing with a number of insurers in 1 day in my search for a policy I was impressed with the customer service at Elephant. Callum was very easy to speak to and answered all the questions I had. That level of service is what I would expect from all insurers but I was surprised to find that most were rubbish at answering basic questions.

Reviewed on 31st December 2018
Dan's avatar
Dan

Cheapest insurance by far

I had to change my address and most companies were giving me quotes of £95 per month, however I changed my address with elephant and they only upped my monthly premium slightly to £65

Reviewed on 23rd September 2018
Holly Leigh Crabtree's avatar
Holly Leigh Crabtree

Crooks

Don’t ever have an accident with Elephant cover!!! my car was written off through no fault of my own and the standards of support and service are abysmal, please pay an extra few quid and go elsewhere. Even the police were disgusted by the treatment we have received.

Reviewed on 23rd August 2018
Jsjjd's avatar
Jsjjd

Excellent Service

I recently had a broken windscreen thanks to a stone flying across the motorway and smacking my car. I had all sorts of issues arranging the repair with the windscreen repair company, but Elephant pushed it through and removed all the roadblocks to making it happen. 10/10

Reviewed on 18th July 2018
GH's avatar
GH

Scammers

Avoid this company, poor customer service, dishonest practises.

Scammers

Avoid this company, poor customer service, dishonest practises.

beware, stay away

Very bad experience with the insurer. After not renewing my insurance charged me £80 without my knowledge. Never ever again with elephant.