Hiscox Reviews

Hiscox reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about life this insurance company. Smart Money People is the UK's independent financial services review site. Read and write Hiscox reviews, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Hiscox Review Insight

Clarity & Expectations

Home Insurance

We had a theft from my sons car

We were asked to list all things taken, to obtain replacement costs for all, and the cost was sent to us in a day. No discussion at all or any objections to claim.

Reviewed on 28th September 2021
Frank Williams-Thomas's avatar
Frank Williams-Thomas

Expensive and appalling

Shockingly bad service. They use loss adjusters whose sole brief seems to be to use any excuse to avoid paying out on legitimate claims.

Reviewed on 19th August 2020
Roger's avatar
Roger

decent service, good product

product is excellent and provides everytthing required the service is very good when needed

Reviewed on 29th April 2020
Chris Maiden's avatar
Chris Maiden

Liability Insurance

Plain talking

Simple cover Great policy Would recommend to anyone looking for insurance

Reviewed on 19th January 2020
Lisa's avatar
Lisa

High quality house insurance

I was so pleased that I had taken out house insurance with Hiscox when my house was subject to a flash flood on "Thunder Thursday" in 2012. Their response was fast and efficient once I phoned them, allocating a claims assessor and dealing very fairly with our claim.

Reviewed on 15th September 2019
Julie Alderson's avatar
Julie Alderson

Business Insurance

Top level cover for an SME at a great price

Hiscox is one of the best insurers out there and the cover is wide, but the price was the best quote I got.

Reviewed on 26th June 2018
Paul's avatar
Paul

Brilliant!

Always helpful, sane humans to talk to.. flexible. Recommended

Reviewed on 26th September 2017
David K Matthewson's avatar
David K Matthewson

Liability Insurance

Very Good and could not find better alternatives

I was after a slightly different business insurance to cover my service industry. I tired a couple of other companies and could provide what I wanted through two or three policies, Hiscox has covered all my points within one single talored... Read more

I was after a slightly different business insurance to cover my service industry. I tired a couple of other companies and could provide what I wanted through two or three policies, Hiscox has covered all my points within one single talored policy.

I am very happy with the ease that I took out the policy it was set up up very quickly and started on a date that I could choose, and I felt relaxed throughout the whole process.

Andi

Reviewed on 7th October 2016
Andi Lee Davis's avatar
Andi Lee Davis

Decent

Found Hiscox to be responsive and I like the fact that their cover extends to losses to items out of the house. However, high excess means for most day to day damages/theft there is no coverage

Reviewed on 10th August 2016
Tal Lev Ari's avatar
Tal Lev Ari

Home Insurance

Good introductory offer, terms easy to understand

Currently with Hiscox for my home (contents only) insurance. Main reason I changed from the previous provider was for the price - Hiscox had a good introductory or cashback offer on. It's a bonus that their insurance terms were neasy to understand, it was all explained in Plain English. So far so good.

Reviewed on 24th December 2015
Judy's avatar
Judy

It pays to negotiate

After going through a broker for our business insurance the Hiscox quote started at about £1900/year. After querying this a bit it came down to <£1200...so it really did pay to question it a little!

Reviewed on 11th August 2015