The Melton Building Society Savings Reviews

Visit website

The Melton Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at The Melton Building Society. How easy is it to contact The Melton? And how friendly are they? Our Melton Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

The Melton Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Your Savings Reviews

Review The Melton Building Society's Savings now

Great response

How refreshing to telephone a company that picks up at once and quickly transfers me to the right person who deals with my two problems immediately. Excellent service.

Reviewed on 12th August 2021
Beverley Myers's avatar
Beverley Myers

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great to hear, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback :-)

Excellent customer service

Always good service from Melton Building Society. So good to have human beings not screens.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Margaret's avatar
Margaret

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. I have passed this onto the rest of the team.

slow downloads

downloads of statements seem to take an age - not helped by being logged out the ''my period of inactivity''

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
M Harrison's avatar
M Harrison

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for your feedback. I will ensure this is passed to the correct department to look into. Please do not hesitate to telephone us on 01664 414141 if you experience further issues.

Couldn't choose bank to transfer funds to

Received a letter 3 weeks after opening account advising reduction in interest rates from 1% to .6% so wanted to transfer 20k to my Santander a/c where interest rate is .6% but instant access and cash back on utility bills. The system decided the money should be transferred to another account of mine and I could not change it. I tried deleting it to type in new details, just would not let me. I transferred money into the Melton from 2 different accounts, it obviously decided that i would only be allowed to transfer money back to the account it deemed. Really annoying as now I will have to wait till the transfer takes place and then transfer these funds into the bank account I want them in.

Reviewed on 15th December 2020
Donald Allan's avatar
Donald Allan

Fixed rate offers disappear before you can send the application

It is one thing having a reasonable interest rate but not if it is withdrawn before you can apply. Add in the fact that there are no links on their website to download application forms and you get the impression they don't want your... Read more

It is one thing having a reasonable interest rate but not if it is withdrawn before you can apply. Add in the fact that there are no links on their website to download application forms and you get the impression they don't want your money.

Well this crowd wont be getting any of mine!

Reviewed on 15th December 2020
John Jones's avatar
John Jones

Excellent Customer Service

As a new member opening a savings account, I was impressed with your courteous, professional and helpful staff. Mutuality at its best!

Reviewed on 14th December 2020
Sorcha's avatar
Sorcha

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great to hear - thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!

The Melton, the way it should be done.

Just joined the Melton Building Society. Impressed with the service I received when I phoned with queries about using internet banking. Your not waiting for hours pushing this and that button to try to speak to a human being. Just the ticket for older internet users like me. Well done.

Reviewed on 11th November 2020
Richard Williams's avatar
Richard Williams

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Mr Williams - lovely feedback, thank you for this. I will ensure this is fed back to the rest of the team.

The staff are so helpful and they understand everything you ask. Rates are good as well.

Reviewed on 27th October 2020
Twink's avatar
Twink

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. This will be fed back to the team!

speedy and efficient service

I had not used Melton BS before but I was very impressed with the ease and speed with which they handled my application to open a savings account.

Reviewed on 25th October 2020
Barbara Hockley's avatar
Barbara Hockley

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank for your feedback, I will make sure that this is communicated to our staff.

Pleasant, helpful staff

I was having some ongoing problems logging in. The member of staff couldn't have been more patient, helpful and efficient.

Reviewed on 20th October 2020
JLK's avatar
JLK

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Lovely to hear, I will ensure that this is fed back to our team.

Efficient friendly service

Easy to set up an account online. Quick and easy to get through on the phone - no being put on hold loop on for 10-20 mins. Efficient and friendly people actually answering the phone, not an automated service - even during Covid restrictions. Competitive interest rates too. What's not to like!

Reviewed on 13th October 2020
ShirleyB's avatar
ShirleyB

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great to hear you had such a positive experience. I will feed this back to the rest of the team. Thank you!

My first online saving account, so far great!

Enjoyed speaking to customer advisor. V Helpful.

Reviewed on 12th October 2020
Chandra's avatar
Chandra

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for your feedback - I have forwarded this onto the rest of the team!

So far, so excellent!

Just opened my first on line account with you and received excellent telephone support, from your courteous staff, with online queries. Many thanks

Reviewed on 12th October 2020
Chris's avatar
Chris

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank for taking the time to leave us your feedback - this has been communicated to the team!

Not at all happy but as we are so far down the line I dont really have much choice. But will in no way ever use the Melton ever again. I would rather pay buildstore extra fees than use the Melton.!!!!

Reviewed on 17th August 2020
James Mason's avatar
James Mason

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Good morning Mr Mason, Thank you for your comments, we treat all feedback seriously and I have asked somebody from our Lending team to give you a call to discuss any issues you may be experiencing.

False information

... Read more

I'm currently going through a mortgage application first started back in Jan 2020.
I'm disgusted at the length of time this has taken, I have paid your fee's and surveys but here we are in JULY now still no mortgage offer. The service is atrocious from the Melton. No feedback on what's happening. I was assured back in May that mistakes had been made and things now would move much more quickly. This is an absolute joke, every month that goes by is costing me £750 in rent. I'm now going to raise this with the FCA as I'm been strung along with no feedback whatsoever.

I'm at a loss as to how on earth you manage to get any customers at all. I will also share the quality of discontent that has been shown by the Melton on my social media platforms to make people alert as to how you treat potential clients.. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. You've been warned.

Reviewed on 1st July 2020
James Mason's avatar
James Mason

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for your review Mr Mason. I believe that you have been in contact with Society and are happy with the outcome of your conversation. If you need to speak to us further then please telephone on 01664 414141.

Local service with exceptional standards

I save with the Melton as it is locally based and community orientated. The service offered by the staff in Oakham is outstanding.

Reviewed on 1st June 2020
Gareth Williams's avatar
Gareth Williams

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you, always lovely to hear Mr Williams. I will pass this onto the rest of the team!

Cash ISA

Unable to check my account on line, told this service is not available for cash ISA.

Reviewed on 18th April 2020
David's avatar
David

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Good morning David, Can you please make contact with us directly using this email address - marketing@mmbs.co.uk and we will arrange for our savings administration department to make contact with you to sort this out for you. Many thanks.

Excellent!

I have been in contact with the society several times in the last few days. All of the staff I have dealt with have been utterly professional, efficient, and so friendly and relaxed. I cannot praise them highly enough. And in such difficult times!

Reviewed on 15th April 2020
Tony Smith's avatar
Tony Smith

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We will make sure this is passed on to the team :)

Good bank, good service

I have two savings accounts for my little ones. They aren't fussed about loose piggy banks and when one of the free ones broke, they replaced it for free. There and then

Reviewed on 4th February 2020
Hayley Rose's avatar
Hayley Rose

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Lovely feedback - thank you for taking the time to leave this for us.

Fantastic & personal mortgage service

So impressed start to finish was really helpful and friendly service. You always go through a switchboard staffed by a real (and helpful) person, never an automated option list, and they'll take message if the person or team isn't available etc.. Every team/person I dealt with from Nicola at initial application stage to Tess and the completions team went extra mile to guide us and explain the process. Always felt like they were a team who knew each other and were dealing with us personally and not a massive corporate passing you from dept to dept as a just another number. And I don't know of another company that would send you a welcome hamper of goodies to welcome you to your new home. Lovely a touch! Thank you for all of that and for giving us a mortgage!

Reviewed on 19th November 2019
Emma's avatar
Emma

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Many thanks for your feedback, I will ensure this is passed on to the rest of the team.