RIAS Car Insurance Reviews

RIAS car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest RIAS car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used RIAS before, you too can write a short RIAS car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review RIAS's Car Insurance now

Rip off

Rias took last payment from previous cover, then on the same day took the first months payment of current cover.. cancelled cover within 10 days of renewal and they then take £25 cancellation fee…. £25 for a 2 minute phone call. Shocking… glad I’m now w Read more

Shocking… glad I’m now with another company without these ridiculous charges

Reviewed on 6th September 2022
Sophie Easby's avatar
Sophie Easby

Awful company with terrible customer service

My motor insurance direct debit payments with RIAS were £27 a month. After (exactly) 2 months, I sold my car & wanted to cancel my insurance. After queueing on the phone for 28 minutes I spoke to a lady who told me that the cancellation charge would be £ Read more

My motor insurance direct debit payments with RIAS were £27 a month. After (exactly) 2 months, I sold my car & wanted to cancel my insurance. After queueing on the phone for 28 minutes I spoke to a lady who told me that the cancellation charge would be £50. I realised that they would charge an admin fee so I thought this was acceptable. I then received a letter saying that I owed them £122! I tried twice to contact them by phone but, after waiting in excess of 30 minutes each time, I hung up & decided to email them. Several emails were exchanged with their customer service team. It took 4 days on average to receive a reply by email. Each message gave a phone number & stated that it was best to contact them by telephone (I think not!!).
I asked them to explain how on earth they calculated that I owe them £122 but their replies did not really shed any light on how they calculated this charge. They merely repeated the same things each time. While all this was going on, they even passed this on to a debt collection agency to deal with!!! I hadn't even said that I wasn't paying, I just wanted to know how they came to this figure.
You get what you pay for! If you want cheap insurance & don't make a claim or need help from customer service, then I guess that's OK. But if you ever need any assistance, then God help you. I certainly won't EVER use them again, and I recommend people take note of all of the terrible reviews on the Internet for this company.

Reviewed on 26th April 2022
Paul Beaton's avatar
Paul Beaton

great!!

easy to set up. great customer service and good price.

Reviewed on 7th June 2019
Debbie Jayne Davies's avatar
Debbie Jayne Davies

Exspensive good service and helpful.

1st year exspensive . Second year the insure went up higher in price I ask why and they lowered it by an amount of about 60pounds .The third year they sent a reminder to which I thought was to much money. So I cancelled.

Reliable Cover

I've never had any problems with my insurance company and have been with them for several years. They always sort out any issues quickly.

Reviewed on 12th September 2016
Emily Hallett's avatar
Emily Hallett

5 star cover at a reasonable price

Good price for great cover sums up my review. Definitely intend to continue to insure my car with RIAS if the price stays fair.

Reviewed on 24th December 2015