Teachers Building Society Reviews

Teachers Building Society aim to provide a truly personal service, whether dealing with members directly or via mortgage intermediaries. Smart Money People is the place for Teachers Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Teachers Building Society Review Insight

Speed

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Teachers Building Society Products 4

Mortgages

Avoid

Avoid using these time wasters. Had a mortgage approved with absolutely no issues for a holiday let mortgage. We explained at the start of the process we were looking to maximise our income and wanted a cottage that needed a small amount of renovating so that we could not only make money from the rent but also increase the value of the property. This they said was not an issue. However After a month or so of looking and offers they rejected any property we put an offer on based on the most ridiculous things (one was rejected as it was next to a church and had a small graveyard!). When I pushed them they eventually admitted they didn’t want us to get a house that required work and we had to go and find one that was already renovated.
Do not use them don’t waste your time with them.

Reviewed on 25th August 2020
Niki Bugg's avatar
Niki Bugg

Mortgages

Really helpful, they know your case straight away. Really happy with customer service.

They did always know me right after telling the my name. Had no problem asking all my questions, and getting answers. Straightforward process

Reviewed on 25th January 2017

Insurance

Great customer service.

They helped me sort out my claim quickly and were always very friendly. It's nice that they are local to me too, and always have someone who speaks excellent English on the other end of the phone.

Reviewed on 29th August 2016
Sarah Webb's avatar
Sarah Webb

Savings

Easy to deal with

It's easy being one of their savings customers.

Reviewed on 21st November 2015