Voting in the British Bank Awards 2020 is now open.
VOTE NOW
Ratings based on 946 reviews Last review 3 hours ago

Vernon Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Vernon Building Society. How easy is it to contact Vernon Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Vernon Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Your Savings Reviews (946)

7th December 2019

Local Building Society with World Class Customer Service

I cannot remember when I started saving with Vernon's - it was a long time ago but every time I have been into the branches I have always had efficient and friendly service with little or no waiting. When all the banks are closing their local branches and you have all the hassle of going into large towns or cities, Vernons have kept local with a very convenient branch in my local village (and others in the neighbouring villages). It is so much nicer dealing with humans rather than computers under attack from some very clever criminals worldwide.

6th December 2019

It did just what it said it would on the box

The Vernon ISA accounts we have were easy to set up, easy to manage (whether we deposited a single annual lump sum or "dripped it in over the year"), were secure and gave us a good return in the form of interest. It was hassle free and worry free.

Fantastic service

The Vernon is a great supporter of the local communities, the staff in my local branch are fantastic, it is a pleasure to bank with them.

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Hi Phil, we're glad that you appreciate our work in the local community. It is very important to us as a local building society that we support Stockport and those who live here. Thank you for this kind review.
6th December 2019

Excellent customer service and great rates

I went for the Vernon simply because they offered the best rates anywhere around and happened to be open to me as I lived nearby. I was pleasantly surprised to find the staff were exceptionally helpful and went out of their way to make sure I understood my account, as well as the best way to move forward with my plans to buy a house

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Hi Matt, thank you so much for this feedback. Our staff strive to be knowledgeable about our products and services so that they can be informative to you, our members. We hope that we can continue to help you in the future.
26th November 2019

Excellent rates and customer service

I set up a help to buy ISA which had the best rate available nationally and the customer service was second to none. All aspects were explained fully before going forward.

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Thank you for your feedback Noshoe. We always explain everything regarding an account to our customers before they open it to ensure they are making the right choice. Enjoy your Help to Buy ISA!
26th November 2019

Excellent bank!

I wanted a help to buy isa before the deadline, the branch fit me in on the Saturday morning and I received excellent service. Shoutout to the Poynton branch for being amazing!!

Reply from Vernon Building Society
That's great to hear Beccie! We are so glad to hear that Poynton branch gave you excellent service and that they were able to fit you in for your new Help to Buy ISA.
22nd November 2019

First class service

I have been a customer of the Vernon for a number of years now. They provide an absolutely first class service at all times. Their range of products is good. They are a local society, with their customers’ interests at the centre of everything they do.

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Thank you Simon, we are so glad to hear that you found the service to be first class. Everything we do is done with our members in mind.
22nd November 2019

Friendly, professional service

I have been with the Vernon Building society for many years and their customers are important. I have recently opened a Sure Start account for my new granddaughter and was given a private appointment and I felt valued. Face to face service should be celebrated as there are lots of people young and old who would benefit from this. To have someone explain, advise or answer queries is so valuable these days!

Reply from Vernon Building Society
What a wonderful story Helen, thank you for telling us. We will make sure that the adviser who served you hears this lovely feedback! We hope to see you again Helen.
21st November 2019

Great local service with a. Smile

Local people providing a great service to local people and organisations.Our allotment society has great relationship with the local branch and are always served with a smile

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Thank you to all at the Norbury Church Allotment Association! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our service with a smile. We love to support the local community.
20th November 2019

Always polite, explanative, friendly.

When ever I am able to call at our local branch (Hazel Grove), the staff could not be any more helpful (especially being Disabled), friendly and fully explain any requirement.

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Thank you Mr & Mrs Biggs! Our Hazel Grove branch are a lovely bunch aren't they?
20th November 2019

Great building society

Great staff and very helpful with advice . A fabulous local building society that really benefits the community .

Reply from Vernon Building Society
Not only do we strive to provide the best services for our members, but we also want to benefit the local community as much as we can! Thank you Kath.

Articles related to Vernon Building Society