Bath Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 575 reviews       Last review 2 days ago
  Visit Bath Building Society

As one of the smaller Societies in the UK we are passionate about giving Members a personal service. We don't have automated call centres, you'll get straight through to the team when you call us and have access to the decision makers. Smart Money People is the place for Bath Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Bath Building Society Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Bath Building Society Products 575

Consistent efficient personal service

Every experience I have had with Bath Building Society has been positive. They've always been efficient in handling my requests but are not too big to give the personal touch. They don't appear to have an instruction manual written by someone who will never be customer-facing so you can have real conversations with real people.

I can see from their website that they have introduced a lot more products recently. This is great news but sadly they now charge for withdrawals by funds transfer (whether FP or CHAPS) and will soon be introducing fees for cheque withdrawals too.

On the plus side, this suggests that they will invest in their branch network since the only way to withdraw your funds without a charge is by cash but it's not such good news for people who don't have a branch locally. It will encourage me to save more long-term with Bath Building Society but not short-term which is perhaps the aim: to provide a service for the local community and longer-term investors.

I am very happy with the consistent efficient personal service provided by Bath Building Society.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful feedback. Just for clarity, we have always charged for faster payments and CHAPS payments. We however only charge the fee that we are charged by our own bankers and do not profit from making such payments. For next day faster payments, which are typically paid the same day (if instructions received before 3pm) we do not charge anything. Similarly we do not charge for such payments to be made to nominated accounts - which is what most of our customers do. It is true that we ill be introducing charges for the regular use of cheques as there are alternatives available. For one off cases or where it is a request from a vulnerable person we will of course consider waiving such charges. Regards, Colin McDougall, Head of Marketing and Savings.

Savings

Nice to deal with a real person

Your a person not a number Tracey opened my account no hassle all very easy thank you

Reviewed on 16th April 2021

Great customer service

Difficult to know how the service could be any better. Very friendly and efficient.

Savings

Really efficient but personal service

I had no prior experience of the Bath Building Society, but opened an account and have found them to be so helpful. I love the feeling of using a financial institution that is still able to provide a personal service.

Fast, Friendly and Efficient

I contacted via the online chat facility and spoke to Jane. Within minutes my query had been answered. Very pleased.

Savings

Louisa was amazing. Helpful and to the point !

Reviewed on 14th April 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Good Morning, Lovely to hear you had great service from Louisa, Thank you for taking the time to respond, Caroline Customer Support Department.

Extremely helpful and efficient

Gemma was extremely helpful in setting up my accounts quickly. She responded very quickly to a query I had with clearly explained information.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Good Morning , so pleased you were happy with the service you received from Gemma. Thank you for taking the time to respond, Caroline, Customer support Department.

Great. customer service

The online chat was very helpful, thank you Louisa!

Reviewed on 13th April 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Many thanks for taking the time to review us, I will pass on your kind comments to Louisa. Holly, Customer Service Team

Very quick response

the chat system responded so quickly and all my questions were answered immediately. Very happy with the service.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. Holly, Customer Service Team

JISA QUERY

VERY QUICK LIVE CHAT, SUPER HELPFUL SERVICE.

Vernon Needham's avatar
Vernon Needham

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thankyou Mr Needham for taking the time to review us. Holly, Customer Service Team

Savings

The online chat answered the questions I had

As yet I have no personal connection with the Bath Building Society but through an internet search for children’s savings accounts they had what I was looking for

I'm pleased we could help. Thanks! Holly, Customer Service Team

Savings

Excellent online and telephone support from Liz

I applied for an ISA using the online banking service at Bath Building Society. I had reason to contact the society on a couple of occasions about the opening process and transferring the deposits into the account. I received excellent support from Liz - by both online and several telephone communications that completely put my mind at rest. Further support offered from the technical team reassured me whilst the transactions that were necessary were completed.

Reviewed on 10th April 2021
Kev's avatar
Kev

Many thanks for the fantastic review. Holly, Customer Service Team

Savings

Best banking service I've had in years

I'd never used Bath Building Society before and stumbled across you thanks to an interest rate recommendation from somewhere online (probably moneysavingexpert.com, I think). The whole onboarding process has been fantastic. When I've had a question or issue the team couldn't have been more helpful and I'm not sure that I've ever had such a personal feeling banking service. Jake in particular has been great in dealing with the whole opening process and I will definitely be thinking of BBS in the future and recommending you to family and friends. Keep up the great work.

Ben B's avatar
Ben B

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thanks Ben for the wonderful feedback, I will pass on your kind comments to Jake. Holly, Customer Service Team

Great help via chat!

Not yet a customer but received excellent help via the chat with an application question.

Fantastic to hear! Holly, Customer Service Team

Excellent service as ever

Quick and efficient, thank you - always polite and always doing a good job.

Thanks for the lovely feedback. Holly, Customer Service Team

Savings

absolutely fantastic service staff brilliant

very easy in every way cannot find any fault at all

Reviewed on 8th April 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thank you for your lovely feedback, Louise Savings operations manager.

Savings

Excellent service, prompt and accurate information provided

Maybe a little more investment in IT systems !! :-)

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
John H's avatar
John H

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thanks for your Feedback, we are currently in the process of creating a digital onboarding platform so keep an eye out for exciting things happening, within Bath Building Society, Louise Savings Operations manager.

Efficient, friendly and professional

Efficient, friendly and professional

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thanks for your feedback, Louise Savings Operations manager.

Withdrawal from account

Excellent communication and sorted out problem immediately. Thank you

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thanks for the feedback, Louise Savings Operations manager.

Wonderful service

Able to chat online and have all my questions answered fully. Thank you

Panda's avatar
Panda

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thank you for the lovely feedback, Louise, Savings operations manager.