Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2020 is open!VOTE NOW

Bath Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 290 reviews Last review 1 day ago
4.59 / 5Amazing overall rating

As one of the smaller Societies in the UK we are passionate about giving Members a personal service. We don't have automated call centres, you'll get straight through to the team when you call us and have access to the decision makers. Smart Money People is the place for Bath Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Your Bath Building Society Reviews (290)

10th August 2020

could be made easier to close account on web

very good service but not as easy as some to close account on the web. Holly was very helpfull and efficient informing me what was going to happen.

Reply from Bath Building Society
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review, I was pleased I could help you. I will pass on your comment about Bath Online to our management team but I can inform you that we have plans in place to improve this service. If you need any help with it in the meantime you are welcome to call us on 01225 423271. Holly Customer Service Team
7th August 2020

Very efficient response on live chat

So refreshing to contact a company via live chat and talk to a real person not a bot!

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Morning, So pleased to hear that you found the live Chat efficient. Thank You for taking the time to send us your review. Caroline, Customer Support Department.
6th August 2020

On-line needs improvement

New on-line platform is a step backwards, it is more complex to log-in and less functional. You need to have the functionality to run reports between specific dates.

Reply from Bath Building Society
Thank you for your feedback. Apart from adding an additional layer of security to the log in process we have not recently changed the basic functionality of our system. If however I understand your comments, I can confirm that what you want is a feature that we have requested is added to the system road map. Clearly having feedback like yours helps prove the need so thank you for taking the time to share this with us. As to the log in process, we have had no choice but to comply with recent new regulations regarding 'strong customer authentication'. These regulations were introduced to help protect consumers such as your self but clearly in some cases it has added a layer of complexity and therefore irritation. We are continuing to work with our customers and technology providers to balance the need for security and ease of use. We don't always get it right the first time but we will keep trying. Should you wish to discuss in any more detail, then please feel free to contact me directly. Regards, Colin McDougall, Head of Marketing and Savings.
5th August 2020

Excellent customer service

Only have more competitive savings interest rates. Sorry to have to say that

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Afternoon, we are pleased that you are happy with our service. Sorry to hear that your feel as though our interest are not competitive. Interest Rates rates are low due to the Bank of England base rate being at an historic low rate, However our Core Products interest rates are well above average. Our Instant ISA appears in the best rate tables. Thank You for taking the time to respond, Please do not hesitate to contact us on 01225 423271 if you wish to discuss this further.
4th August 2020

Great support service from Holly, thanks.

Its hard to improve on excellence!

Reply from Bath Building Society
"Its hard to improve on excellence!" - This is fantastic to hear. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on the service you received, I was very happy to help. Holly, Customer Service Team
1st August 2020

Really helpful as always

We are a medium-size business who have banked with Bath for many years. We needed some help transferring funds to a related company and Caroline has been really helpful and helped us facilitate this in just one day and with no unnecessary red tape. Thanks - a great company to bank with.

Reply from Bath Building Society
Many thanks for your wonderful feedback. I'm pleased to hear Caroline was able to help you. Holly, Customer Service Team
31st July 2020

Very helpful live chat.

The live chat with Liz provided everything I needed quickly and efficiently. Thanks!

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Afternoon, so pleased to hear that your live chat with Liz provided you with all the information you needed, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Caroline, Customer Support Department.
30th July 2020

Speedy solution on live chat

I just wanted to check some account information and got the information I needed with no hassle

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Afternoon, Glad you were able to get the information you needed without any problems, Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Caroline, Customer Support Department
27th July 2020

Mrs North

With your new security system for logging in, I experienced difficulty in accessing my account for the first time on line; your emails with links to the verification code were not getting through to me, even though you had the correct address. I phoned, and was fortunate enough to speak to Caroline Brewer. She was so very patient, and helped to sort out the problem, which appeared to be between your computer and my email address! Our first attempts at getting me into my account failed, and she was going to ask Emma to help me, but having thought the problem through, she took the trouble to phone me back to try another approach. Being elderly, very arthritic and living alone, I fine my iPhone quite difficult to use, but she was extremely helpful, and finally, access to the accounts was achieved. I will now be able to receive future codes and insert them as directed into the computer. Caroline is to be congratulated on the way in which she understood my difficulties and patiently and helpfully guided me through. So, 'thank you' Caroline.

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Afternoon, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us Mrs North, so pleased to of been able to help you, Caroline, Customer Support Department.
24th July 2020

Helpful information regarding online registration and access to accounts

In the current situation of isolating in respect to Covid 19 the online service offered by BIBS is an essential tool to managing my accounts

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Afternoon, So pleased that you have been using Bath on Line and found this very useful whilst you were isolating , Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Caroline, Customer Support Department.
24th July 2020

I had an online chat with one of the team but lost the link to review my experience which was excellent and was able to download all the necessary forms.
Having returned the completed forms I received excellent feedback and guidance to complete the set up of my account.
Well done BBS.

Reply from Bath Building Society
Good Afternoon, Thank You so much for taking the time to give us your positive response, it is very appreciated , Caroline, Customer support Department.