Bath Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 762 reviews       Last review 22 hours ago
  Visit Bath Building Society

As one of the smaller Societies in the UK we are passionate about giving Members a personal service. We don't have automated call centres, you'll get straight through to the team when you call us and have access to the decision makers. Smart Money People is the place for Bath Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Bath Building Society Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Bath Building Society Products 762

Quick & efficient

On the plus side: Branch is still there for transactions in person. I understand a charge is being introduced for cheque withdrawals …. this is most unwelcome as we will have to pay future bills by transfers through our personal bank accounts to avoid such charges. It is difficult enough to transfer money in to BIBS electronically with your weird Account 00000000 number with NatWest. In fact, I find transfer from HSBC impossible as their system tells me this account does not exist! So I am forced to visit the Branch to pay my Service Charge. It would be helpful if BIBS could transfer funds to pay for our insurance, electricity bills and other major purchases. Transfers to my nominated bank account are fine, but amounts less than £50 are rejected. This is a nuisance and means we have to deal with cash at the Branch ….. or change our bank perhaps.

Reviewed on 26th November 2021

Mortgage

We went through a broker to get our mortgage with bath,even though at times we contact bath direct and spoke to Kim she was very helpful and informative. Was able to put our minds at ease. Thank you so much

Reviewed on 26th November 2021

Excellent customer service

I really appreciate the ability to be able to email transfer requests between my accounts and which are always dealt with so speedily, along with a confirmation that the transaction has been completed.

Reviewed on 24th November 2021
A Woodland's avatar
A Woodland

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello So pleased you are happy with the Excellent Customer Service, Thank you for taking the time to send your response. Caroline, Customer Support Department

clearly explained by chat

no it was great, Liz did not mind me repeating questions.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2021

Thankyou for your kind feedback! Holly, Customer Service Team

Great customer experience

Barry answered the phone within 2 rings! It was caring customer service at its best.

Reviewed on 19th November 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello Thank you for sending your response, glad you received the prompt service from Barry, Caroline, Customer Support Department.

Savings

The story of the overpaid and the underpaid.

The staff are excellent and they have always provided me with a first class service. The remuneration of the Directors is excessive and unwarranted. Over £200.000 ! It’s obscene.Pay your Directors less and pay your staff more. The high ratings reflect the staff’s customer service only.

Reviewed on 17th November 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thank you for your kind rating on our customer service. It really is appreciated. The remuneration of the Executive Directors is set independently by the Society's Remuneration Committee which consists solely of Non-Executive Directors. Remuneration is set after benchmarking with remuneration paid for similar roles within the wider Building Society sector and at competitor organisations. It is important to note that it is also performance related and that our remuneration policy is approved by a member vote, last held at the Society's AGM in April 2021. We also review all staff salaries on an annual basis to ensure that they remain fair and competitive. This is something we take very seriously and is in part, why we have chosen to become an accredited Living Wage employer. Colin McDougall, Head of Marketing and Savings.

The gap between

Reviewed on 17th November 2021

One more satisfied customer

Barry dealt with my case in a most professional manner; excellent service.

Reviewed on 12th November 2021
David's avatar
David

Reply from Bath Building Society

Good Morning, so pleased you received the excellent service from Barry, thank you for taking the time to send your response., Caroline, Customer Support Department.

Problem solved

It is possible to speak to someone who knows how things work and can help without having to be referred to other departments or having to hang on while music is played interrupted only by messages telling me how important my call is. This is very rare and refreshing. Well done!

Reviewed on 10th November 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Good Morning, Yes I know how frustrating that is , so pleased your problem was solved and you were able to speak to someone quickly., Many thanks for taking the time to send your response, Caroline, customer support Department.

Very helpful

Contacted team by phone with2 queries. Prompt to answer and helpful information given

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello glad you received the information you needed promptly. Thank you for taking the time to send your response, Caroline Customer Support Department

General query

Friendly support, provided very quickly

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thank you for your feedback. It is very much appreciated. Colin McDougall, Chief Commercial Officer.

Savings

Quick and precise response to online chat

was happy with service and help provided will be opening 3 accounts for my children following on from conversation

kim's avatar
kim

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello glad you got the information you needed via the online chat service, thank you for taking the time to send your response. Caroline Customer Support Department.

Easy, straightforward online support

I had a question about setting up a junior isa, the online chat was quick and easy and a great help.

Reviewed on 8th November 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Good Morning, glad you found the online support straightforward and helpful, Thank you for taking the time to send your response. Caroline, Customer Support Department.

Chat service

Tried the Chat Service today and received all the info I needed in a most friendly and efficient manner. Much better than talking to a robot!

Reviewed on 5th November 2021

Thanks for the 5* review! Holly, Customer Service Team

Prompt and relaible service

The service feels very personalised and professional.

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello Thank you for taking the time to send your response. Glad you received prompt and reliable service.Caroline Customer Support Department.

Very helpful and responsive

They are very helpful and offer treat rates - Barry in particularly was very responsive. It would be easier if they had an app though.

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello, Glad Barry was helpful , Having an App is something that we are working on at the moment so hope to have one available in the near future, Caroline, Customer Support Department.

Straightforward, easy and helpful

I have never applied for a mortgage without a broker before but Bath Building Society were so helpful and really made the whole process very user friendly. I’m very impressed.

Reply from Bath Building Society

Thank you for your feedback. It is very much appreciated. We do try our best! Regards, Colin McDougall, Chief Commercial Officer.

Easy to understand

Helpful to figure out what I wanted and how to do it, Louisa was very helpful on live chat.

Reviewed on 2nd November 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello so pleased Louisa was able to help you on live Chat. Thank You for taking the time to respond. Caroline Customer Support Department.

Chat is very good but wish you had an easier method to pay in cheques

Chat is very good but wish you had an easier method to pay in cheques

Reviewed on 27th October 2021
Dave B's avatar
Dave B

excellent customer service

quick and simple explanations. no confusion at all

Reviewed on 27th October 2021

Reply from Bath Building Society

Hello thank you for your response ,I'm glad you received excellent customer service. Caroline Customer Support Department