Covea Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 12 reviews       Last review 6 days ago

Coví©a Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products for individuals as well as small and medium sized businesses. Coví©a Insurance only offer products through a network of intermediaries and brokers, and although they are not a household name in the UK, they are part of one of Europe's leading mutual insurance groups, Coví©a. Smart Money People is the place for Coví©a Insurance reviews. Read and write Coví©a Insurance reviews today to help increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Average

Covea Insurance Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Covea Insurance Products 12

Poor start to Vitality JV

Very poor service re: Vitality motor insurance - has turned me off both Covea and even Vitality by association

Reviewed on 15th October 2021
Ashley Thomas's avatar
Ashley Thomas

Car Insurance

the right place for circus insurance

if you need circus insurance this is the place. we insured out truck it was stolen and recovered... Read more

they won't pay out having to use the courts and the ombudsman you will hey great circus insurance and be treated like a clown by bits of kids that work for no covea insurance

Reviewed on 2nd October 2021
jason millar's avatar
jason millar

Business Insurance

AVOID

Absolute disaster from start to finish. Poor communication throughout. Ended up paying £10,000 out of company funds to have a replacement heating system installed as anything I tried to claim for wasn't covered.

Reviewed on 10th December 2020
BrianJ's avatar
BrianJ

Liability Insurance

DISHONEST DONT USE

Had an accident in a house while working basic claim they wont pay out found something in terms and conditions to wriggle out of paying customer service crap dont go anywhere near this company

Reviewed on 24th November 2020
Michael Tait 's avatar
Michael Tait

Car Insurance

After being involved in an accident that was not my fault , and then the COVID19 outbreak as a key worker Covea kindly kept me in a hired car for over 2months until I could purchase another car. I can only thank them for supporting me to continue working throughout all of these uncertain times

Reviewed on 5th June 2020
Chris Gray 's avatar
Chris Gray

Covea; Thieving corrupt company

WARNING TO EVERYONE ABOUT Covea Insurance Plc and Apollo Motor Group THEY ARE THIEVING, ENGINE TAMPERING, CORRUPT, LYING... Read more

WARNING TO EVERYONE ABOUT Covea Insurance Plc and Apollo Motor Group THEY ARE THIEVING, ENGINE TAMPERING, CORRUPT, LYING CROOKS!

Long story short…

My wife’s car was hit in a corner of Sainsbury’s car park Newbury at the end of August (minor damage to bumper & wing) so it was picked up by Covea’s approved garage Apollo Motor Group of Portsmouth & taken to their Basingstoke branch.

Covea decided to write it off despite the car being mechanically sound when Apollo picked it up from us.

They had the car for 4 or 5 weeks but no-one contacted me to say it was a write off until I rang them. I decided to get the car repaired from an independent body-shop recommended by a friend who owns his own insurance brokerage rather than accept their insulting salvage amount.

The body-shop alerted me to a few things when I picked it up a few days later including the coolant container & lid being damaged so oil was mixing with the coolant.

On the way home I broke down on the M4 & was rescued by the AA. The body-shop said that the car had been tampered with because oil was mixing with the coolant & sprayed all over the engine. Only the bumper was damaged; now the car’s engine is ruined beyond repair.

Covea & Apollo deny any liability but they are lying! The body-shop is convinced Covea sabotaged the car & took parts for other vehicles which happens a lot apparently on ‘write-off’s; they also stole the spare wheel, jack & tow device from the boot but again deny that!

The body-shop is convinced they removed parts knowing they were going to write it off which is very concerning; it was also filthy when it was returned.

I HAVE REPORTED THE THEFT TO THE POLICE & now will pursue them thru’ the Financial Ombudsman.

The car was fully serviced & MOT’d recently so there was nothing wrong with it mechanically; but when I picked it up & drove it back it seized up & the damage is terminal…the engine has been tampered with & parts taken from it…the missing wheel & jack proves this.

Something very suspicious has happened since I decided to reject the salvage offer.

Finally my broker @GroveandDean have been so unhelpful too.

DO NOT INSURE ANYTHING WITH @CoveaInsurancePlc or use @apollomotorgroupltd

Reviewed on 30th November 2019
Mark Bradford's avatar
Mark Bradford

Car Insurance

Worst ever lost money and car

I would give 0 stars if possible. I don’t know how this company still operates. ... Read more

I would give 0 stars if possible. I don’t know how this company still operates.
I was involved in a hit and run where the third party car was also insured by Covea. This made matters worse as they were 100% at loss.
I had my, then 4 week old and six year old in car.
I provided dashcam footage from witness, pictures of the driver running away on foot and pictures of my and third party car damage.
My car got recovered by the insurer to the repairer.
Now four weeks on, no hire car was provided and they have now confirmed car is deemed total loss as not economic to repair. Their repairer quoted absurdly and under valued my car.

I sent email to Covea saying I didn’t agree with the repair cost nor the value of car to which I provided manufacture proof of all extra specs, similiar cars for sale in my area (which was all over what they estimated), value estimated by Parkers. They then said a number lower than inital to which i found a joke.
They have not once called me to discuss claim - I’ve had to chase them!!
They have not provided a hire car! How do they expect me to go back to my normal life when I cant even take my daughter to school.
Every time I know i have to call them my anxiety levels go off the roof because they have messed me around so much. They have caused so much distress to me and my family. They have not once asked if we are ok or if we require any medical attention. They have failed me in every way possible.
Their customer service has been disgusting.
They do not care about their customers. They only care about the payments you make.

I’ve been left without a car, no money, no ‘life and depressed

Reviewed on 30th October 2019
A sousa's avatar
A sousa

Car Insurance

Worst company Lost my car and money

I would give 0 stars if possible. I don’t know how this company still operates.
I had my, then 4 week old and six year old in car.
My car got recovered by the insurer to the repairer.

They have not once called me to discuss claim - I’ve had to chase them!!
Their customer service has been disgusting.

I’ve been left without a car, no money, no ‘life and depressed

Reviewed on 30th October 2019
A sousa's avatar
A sousa

Terrible customer service

Honestly the worst customer service I have ever received from any insurer ever - which when we're talking about insurers is saying a lot. They ignore emails for weeks on end, their customer service line will hang up on you. Do not use Covea!

Reviewed on 9th May 2019
MH1908's avatar
MH1908

Home Insurance

Appalling

Leave well alone. Rejected my claim despite all evidence. Absolutely... Read more

Leave well alone. Rejected my claim despite all evidence. Absolutely appalling.
Update : 7th January 2017.
Still awaiting a result for the complaint raised through the companies internal complaints procedure which can take 8 weeks. Then I can contact the insurance ombudsman. I have photos to validate my claim, in which the company can see things that do not exist and I have testimonials from the contractors to prove it. I have contacted their CEO, James Reader, by email. He has told me not to contact him again !
Do not be fooled by what appears to be good premiums and excesses. An insurance company is only good if claims are handled fairly.

Reviewed on 1st January 2018
Christopher Lloyd's avatar
Christopher Lloyd

Home Insurance

House Insurance at it's best

Quality home Insurance with good sums insured and excess.

Reviewed on 25th September 2017
Debbie Adams's avatar
Debbie Adams

DO NOT DEAL WITH COVEA INSURANCE

This has to be the worst Insurance Company I have ever dealt with. Staff that would not know the truth if it met the face on.... Read more

Colluded with the Repair Centre to increase the cost of the quote they had already given me so that they were in a position to write of my car. The worst experience ever, NEVER DEAL WITH THIS INSURANCE COMPANY

Reviewed on 22nd August 2017