first direct Credit Card Reviews

First Direct Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of this credit card. What kind of features do First Direct customers like? Find out more about the First Direct Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own First Direct Credit Card review to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

first direct Review Insight

Your Credit Card Reviews

Review first direct's Credit Card now

Flawless customer service.

Flawless customer service. I always get the help I need within minutes. I've never called and waiting more than a couple of seconds before I'm speaking to somebody who's willing to help me.

Reviewed on 5th April 2021
Mark 's avatar
Mark

Simply the best bank I have ever used

Brilliant customer service, really premium stuff. Card is great value and app is excellent.

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Aaron Gillman's avatar
Aaron Gillman

Great Credit Card

Had no problems since signing up. Customer service is excellent and the smartphone app makes keeping track really easy

Reviewed on 19th June 2019
Jennifer McDonnell's avatar
Jennifer McDonnell

Simple to sign up

Great service, never have to wait to if I call. Easy to use app.

Reviewed on 23rd December 2018
Indy 's avatar
Indy

Great Bank

They offer excellent customer service and 24/7 online and telephone banking. Credit card rates are competitive.

Reviewed on 17th April 2018

the level bank

it is a bank for all. for today, using tech in a friendly way, listen now, how can i help today?

Reviewed on 9th November 2017
david morgan's avatar
david morgan

No automated service!

Since changing to First direct from Halifax back in January there's been nothing but praises for this company. i've not had to complain at all. whenever i call up there's no automated service you get put through to a real person straight away. waiting times for calls are minimal. If i need any questions answered in a few days i can send a secure message and recieve a message back. With regards to credit limit all i need to do every month is send them an email with the credit limit i want to decrease to and this is done within a couple of days.

Reviewed on 8th November 2017
Jess White's avatar
Jess White

Lovin' it

It was really easy to sign up and when I had to ring up to confirm my details I was through INSTANTLY, no long waiting times. There's a reason they're rated so highly for customer service, and the lady I spoke to was lovely and really helpful getting... Read more

It was really easy to sign up and when I had to ring up to confirm my details I was through INSTANTLY, no long waiting times. There's a reason they're rated so highly for customer service, and the lady I spoke to was lovely and really helpful getting me set up.

Reviewed on 7th November 2017
Mark Hague's avatar
Mark Hague

First Class service

I needed a credit card quite quickly as I had given them up 10 years ago, when I had 9, I think I was supporting the Credit Card system on my own. First Direct were very fast and have given excellent service since then. My Credit Card is no longer a burden, but a positive tool.

Reviewed on 7th November 2017
Thomas Edwards's avatar
Thomas Edwards

Beware of First Direct Offset Mortgages

I had an offset mortgage with first direct in 2000. I made overpayments on the understanding that I can have access to surplus funds at any time as long as I kept paying monthly instalments... Read more

I had an offset mortgage with first direct in 2000. I made overpayments on the understanding that I can have access to surplus funds at any time as long as I kept paying monthly instalments regularly.
When I needed a lump sum from my overpayments to do home renovations after 17 years of regular payments, they bluntly refused on the pretext that a second charge was applied on my mortgage!!!
Morale: Avoid First Direct Offset Mortgages! If you have to take one with First Direct, never make overpayments. Your savings will go into a black hole and you will never see this money again!!
Beware!!!

Reviewed on 11th August 2017
A Eissa's avatar
A Eissa

Easy to apply, quick to receive and great incentive

I switched to a First Direct credit card recently. they offer £30 completely free when you spend £500 or more in 90 days on your card. I always use my credit card for most purchases ( paying it off every month in full) so this is real money for free! Excellent customer service too.

Reviewed on 10th August 2017
JANNINE CADDICK's avatar
JANNINE CADDICK

Fantastic customer service shines above the rest. App could do with an update.

I have a credit card and current account with First Direct. Their customer service is second to none. Calls are answered quickly, queries are resolved swiftly and explained in a way that I understand. Being online only is not a problem at all with customer service as high as this.
I do find the App and online banking clunky but love the weekly update texts which keep me well informed.
Other banks need to look to First Direct as inspiration to up their game! Well done First Direct.

Reviewed on 13th May 2017
Louise Johnson's avatar
Louise Johnson

Fantastic customer service shines above the rest. App could do with an update.

I have both a credit card and current account with first Direct. Their customer service is second to none. Calls are answered quickly, queries are dealt with swiftly and painlessly and always explained in a way that I fully understand. My only gripe is the app is a little clunky to use as is the online application.
Other banking rivals could learn a lot from this provider's excellent to customer service.

Reviewed on 13th May 2017
Louise Johnson's avatar
Louise Johnson

Advised of when my card was cloned

Quick response when on holiday and oppertunity to get emergency cash

Reviewed on 7th May 2017
Mike Murphy's avatar
Mike Murphy

Quick and easy

Really easy and quick process to apply for and receive a credit card, set up payments, and increase the limit when I needed to.

Reviewed on 1st May 2017
Ji Pattison-Smith's avatar
Ji Pattison-Smith

Good rates

Great 24/7 customer service is available and the interest rates are competitive.

Reviewed on 20th April 2017

Recommended

First Direct are brilliant. Great customer service and 0% for a long period of time. Would recommend!

Reviewed on 2nd December 2016
Katie Westley's avatar
Katie Westley

It's OK

I have a First Direct credit card and would say it's no better or worse than other major credit cards.

Reviewed on 30th November 2016
Emma Walton

I love First Direct. A great level of service from this bank which makes it easy to deal with them.

Reviewed on 23rd February 2015
Ramona's avatar
Ramona

Amazing service as always

My job requires me to undertake extensive, global travel. Knowing that I have access to the fantastic support of the first direct team when I need them is brilliant. They are always polite and help me with what I need, when I need it.

Reviewed on 9th October 2014