MBNA Credit Card Reviews

Ratings based on 125 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

MBNA (a Bank of American company) is a leading supplier of credit cards in the UK. With a range of credit cards to choose from (including balance transfer cards, reward cards and charity cards), reading MBNA Credit Card reviews can help you to find out what other consumers are saying about MBNA. You can write your own MBNA credit card review at Smart Money People by clicking the write review button.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Credit Card Reviews

Review MBNA's Credit Card now

Account Cancelled

I received a letter stating that my account will be closed Oct. 31st due to lack of important information. I called and asked what was missing from my account, explanation was important information. I login monthly and pay my bill in full, not once was Read more

I received a letter stating that my account will be closed Oct. 31st due to lack of important information. I called and asked what was missing from my account, explanation was important information. I login monthly and pay my bill in full, not once was there a notice requiring any information. Not once did I receive an email or a letter explaining that something was missing. Anyways, good riddance, maybe I got cancelled due to paying my bill off in full every month and they did not make any money on me???

Reviewed on 28th July 2022
Steady's avatar
Steady

Never, ever use this company.

My card carrier of 12 years transferred to MBNA 2 years ago. It was an awful experience from day 1 (especially since I did not CHOOSE them). From terrible customer service, to taking 6 MONTHS to mail me a new card after my old one had expired. I paid my b Read more

My card carrier of 12 years transferred to MBNA 2 years ago. It was an awful experience from day 1 (especially since I did not CHOOSE them). From terrible customer service, to taking 6 MONTHS to mail me a new card after my old one had expired. I paid my balance in full last year because they seemed pretty shady. Most recently - in June 2022 I received a bill for the annual fee, which I paid in full and on time. Then on July 7th I received a letter from them stating that there was "mandatory customer information" missing from my account, and if it wasn't corrected by June 29th 2022 they would be closing my account. Today (July 19th 2022) I received a bill for $0.31... How can I be charged interest when I paid it down to $0 and haven't used my card in a year? Why am I getting a bill at all it my account is closed? How is it that "mandatory customer information" was missing from my account that I had for 14+ years?!

Like I said, shady. There are so many better options out there. Shop around. Save yourself the hassle of dealing with this garbage company.

Reviewed on 20th July 2022
xXcenobiteXx's avatar
xXcenobiteXx

Awful. Avoid at all costs.

Terrible customer service. Call handlers don’t seem to have a clue, you get passed from one person to another all clueless. They have caused me significant damage to my credit record when it could have been avoided.

Reviewed on 8th July 2022
Cece's avatar
Cece

Customer support in non existent, they should not be in this business

Customer service is a joke. Their agents will put you on hold and never come back to you if they do not know how to answer your questions or can't find solution to your problem.

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Alexander A's avatar
Alexander A

Terrible customer service

Agent just hanged up on me, wait times are ridiculous. Incompetence is striving

Reviewed on 10th June 2022
Joseph Asm's avatar
Joseph Asm

Non-professional and impolite people in the call center for customer service!

Non professional and impolite people in call center for customer assistance!

Reviewed on 14th April 2022
A S OR's avatar
A S OR

Easy to use, regular offers

App is easy to use and can pay straight from my bank I regularly get balance transfer offers which helps managing balances on other cards

Reviewed on 11th March 2022
Michaela Johnson's avatar
Michaela Johnson

F wally from the fraud department. Guy is a crook and a parasite to the world for what he does.

MBNA is the worst brand, AVOID THEM AN ALL THEIR SISTER COMPANIES

Reviewed on 2nd March 2022
Alex's avatar
Alex

Deliberate Deception

In my honest opinion MBNA use deliberate deception in order to try and persuade new customers to sign up for their best credit card which offers balance transfers at zero interest for 33 months with a fee of 2.69%. But when you apply, even with a very goo Read more

In my honest opinion MBNA use deliberate deception in order to try and persuade new customers to sign up for their best credit card which offers balance transfers at zero interest for 33 months with a fee of 2.69%. But when you apply, even with a very good credit score, you receive paperwork showing the term is only for 14 months and the fee is 3.49%. This sharp practice tantamounts to deliberate deception in my book. If this is an example of how they operate then I recommend you avoid them. You know "The Rule of Thumb" if the deal looks too good to be true then it's very likely to be "UNTRUE". But the point I'm making is can MBNA be trusted in any aspect in banking......".I rest my case"

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Michael Potts's avatar
Michael Potts

Thanks Omar!

Had a great call with a member of staff from the Money transfer team called Omar. Really clear and helpful! - thank you!

Reviewed on 11th February 2022
Dilly's avatar
Dilly

Excellent customer service

Today I activate my card . I called them. Parth knows his job and treated me like a VIP client compare to many other banks. He helped me a lot to understand everything completely.

Reviewed on 5th February 2022
Google User's avatar
Google User

A great company!

Have always received excellent service from their customer service representatives. Any queries I've had have always been dealt with extremely efficiently and with respect and courtesy.

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
Shula's avatar
Shula

Friendly and efficient

Very easy to use service, no hassle

Reviewed on 21st January 2022
Lynne 's avatar
Lynne

Awful awful awful

Do not use them! Honestly the worst credit lender I’ve ever used . They cancelled my directed debit for no reason and charged me £50 for the privilege even after speaking to someone in yeh phone who said there was a mistake and I wouldn’t be charged . C Read more

Do not use them!
Honestly the worst credit lender I’ve ever used . They cancelled my directed debit for no reason and charged me £50 for the privilege even after speaking to someone in yeh phone who said there was a mistake and I wouldn’t be charged . Checked my statements today’s and there’s the charge!

They also will not let me pay my bills. It refuses my card payments saying. My bank declined it . Spoke to my bank who said that MBNA are trying to use the wrong details for me … I’m legit putting in my correct ones so what is going on??

Tried complaining but there complaints button on the website takes you around and around in circles.
Absolutely sham

Reviewed on 26th October 2021
enquiries@occultmysterybox.co.uk's avatar
enquiries@occultmysterybox.co.uk

Thank you very fucking much for closing my credit card of few years for a non-payment of 8 dollars

And jeopardising my credit history too. Right after I paid off in full thousands of dollars 6 months ago. Never again and will spread the word of how non-supportive you were during COVID times. Fuckers.

Reviewed on 15th October 2021
Irina Gribanovski's avatar
Irina Gribanovski

Not very flexible

Could be better in support provided to customers especially during the pandemic.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
AA's avatar
AA

Shockingly Horrid customer service agent.

I had a shocking experience with a HORRIBLE CSR agent. On Tuesday 29th of June 2021 at 11:45pm, An angry woman took my call, and when she realized she didn't have the answer to what I was looking for, she started yelling on the phone like she was fighting Read more

I had a shocking experience with a HORRIBLE CSR agent. On Tuesday 29th of June 2021 at 11:45pm, An angry woman took my call, and when she realized she didn't have the answer to what I was looking for, she started yelling on the phone like she was fighting in a street war!!She then proceeded to hang up. I asked for something to be done and to speak with a manager and they told me I have to wait 3-5 business days. Imagine a CSR in a financial institution behaving like an animal and the company as a whole is this calm about it. I wish I recorded the conversation when I realized she was being hostile. You can only understand how unprofessional and disgusting it was only if you hear it. I do not want to let this slide as I am still in disbelief that they can hire actual lunatics to provide financial assistance to the public.

Reviewed on 30th June 2021
Uju Bosah's avatar
Uju Bosah

Great credit card

Been with MBNA for a number of years and they offer good choice of credit cards, good customer service, good reward cards, easy to u derstand statements, good online services and always easy to excess customer support if needed.

Reviewed on 24th June 2021
Kelvin Manson's avatar
Kelvin Manson

No fee

Great card for going abroad. No fee for taking money(euros) out of cash machines & only 7.5% interest if you cant pay on time which I always can, so no fees for me . Brilliant

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Angela Cripps's avatar
Angela Cripps

Non accomadating

not impressed. It appears that covid provides a reason for them to restrict the option of a lower interest rate to long term customers/

Reviewed on 1st June 2021