Marmalade Reviews

Ratings based on 866 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago
  Visit Marmalade

Safer, fairer, simpler - that's what Marmalade are all about. Smart Money People is the place for Marmalade reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Marmalade Review Insight

Marmalade Products 866

Specialist Car Insurance

Rip of fines make no sense

Absolutely ripped me... Read more

Absolutely ripped me off

PAYED 1063 in Feb for the year

Cancelled the policy due to fines which did not make any sense at all. NO LAWS Broken

Had a black box last year with a different company and never had a fine at all. HAD 95% good driving score.

Only been refunded £56 back..... From the policy....

Avoid this company as they rip people off big time.

Reviewed on 25th May 2021
simon rose's avatar
simon rose

AVOID HEAVY FINES FOR NOTHING

we had a black bix for a year with another company and never had any fines or... Read more

we had a black bix for a year with another company and never had any fines or problems.

Come over to Marmalade and had a 125 for apperently late braking at a round about... then less than 60 days later 250 for apperently late braking at corner.

NO SPEED LIMITS BROKEN
NO LAWS BROKEN
DRIVING NO DIFFERENT FROM LAST INSURANCE
NO PROOF SENT
JUST SLAP YOU WITH MASSIVE FINES.

INSURANCE cancelled and gone with a company without a black box and cheaper anyway!

Reviewed on 23rd May 2021
Claire Worrall's avatar
Claire Worrall

Great service!!!

It was so accessible . Quick and reliable. I received official papers to confirm insurance and to keep as reference. I 100% recommend

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Ema-Maria Tempest Kelebonye 's avatar
Ema-Maria Tempest Kelebonye

Specialist Car Insurance

Easy to sort out and cheap

I found Marmalade website easy and quick and surprised at the fair price. Sorted within 10 mins

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
Lesley's avatar
Lesley

Recommend

Good customer service and communication. Great rate.

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
jD's avatar
jD

For Learner Driver's Who Need More Practice

Marmalade has a plan that can cover you to drive a friend or relative's vehicle, provided that vehicle already has its own insurance. The Marmalade plan can cost you drastically less than your own insurance company would require you to pay. Set-up is all done online (but can be done over the telephone) and is simple and straightforward. I'm delighted to have discovered Marmalade through my son's driving instructor, and highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 9th September 2020
robertpilkington's avatar
robertpilkington

Cheap and hassle free , great service. I would recommend

Reviewed on 9th September 2020
Wmackay's avatar
Wmackay

Fantastic service

Our son has a black box policy which he started with as a learner driver with a provisional Driving licence and has just passed his test and has a full licence. We have had to contact the insurance company on several occasions for different things and even during the pandemic, they were easily accessible and nothing was too much trouble for them. The insurance was a reasonable price in comparison and was one of the only black box policies that continued the cover through from a provisional licence holder to a full licence holder.

Amanda Abbott's avatar
Amanda Abbott

Specialist Car Insurance

Amazing service ! Quick and easy to quote and get insurance

So quick and easy to get insurance , quotes and advice . Gave me the best offers, perfect pricing just what we needed

Hannah Ebsary's avatar
Hannah Ebsary

Specialist Car Insurance

If you don't sign up you are missing out!

Marmalade made it unbelievable easy to insure my daughter for learner driver insurance, offering flexibility along with competitive prices. I have already shared my experience with many friends who will definitely contact Marmalade when the time comes.

Lisa Wells's avatar
Lisa Wells

Brilliant customer service

Easy website and good value for money

Peter Martin's avatar
Peter Martin

Specialist Car Insurance

Great for learner driver insurance

The first (and only?) choice for learner driver insurance

Andrei's avatar
Andrei

Easy & quick

Marmalade must be the easiest car insurance to use on line. Would recommend & will definitely use again

Barbara Lovell's avatar
Barbara Lovell

The Best

Marmalade learner insurance is so quick and easy to sort out, the team are very friendly and polite when I had some questions regarding the insurance and I got simple answers so no confusion at all. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to drive their car around whilst waiting to take their driving test

Porsche Shepherd's avatar
Porsche Shepherd

Specialist Car Insurance

Marmalade is a forward thinking company

Personally I didn't know there were web sites for just Leaner Drivers so I was really pleased to sign up with Marmalade especially as my present Car Insurance Company did not insure drivers under 18 which I found annoying. On going into Marmalade's site I found it easy to use, understandable, well explained and therefore decided to sign up for 6 months. Thank you - it saved me a lot of stress hunting around for a good deal.

Margaret Benson's avatar
Margaret Benson

LOVE MY MARMALADE!

I’ve used Marmalade to insure all three of my children when learning to drive.,Good simple price, easy to arrange and great customer service when I needed to get in touch by phone. Thank you, would definitely recommend..

Wendy 's avatar
Wendy

Brilliant

Excellent service, affordable prices

Lisa's avatar
Lisa

Learning driver insurance

I have twins and with the 10% off made a huge difference to me. Love marmalade abs would definitely recommend and will also use again

Amanda Kandekore's avatar
Amanda Kandekore

Specialist Car Insurance

Flexible, easy insurance at a good price

Good price regardless of the car, easy to change vehicle, able to book in small chunks as per need. Very quick to set up

Lydia taylor's avatar
Lydia taylor

Specialist Car Insurance

Perfect for new or learner driver

Im on a black box policy and have recently passed my test. Ive drive on the black box for around 1.5k... Read more

Im on a black box policy and have recently passed my test. Ive drive on the black box for around 1.5k miles.
Ive learnt that this is by far the best black box out there, there is no curfew, no time limit, it solely is revolved around how you drive.
However, unlike so many insurers out there, this black box has very respectable boundaries in your driving style. Everyone different and no one perfect, this is what its built upon.
Even if you accidentally speed slightly in a zone it doesn’t instantly shoot down your score, instead count how long you speed for, and as of yet i have never been penalised for speed. I dont think most learners will have a car that can go past the acceleration boundary, even with a quick start at a junction or roundabout, ive never been pulled up. Ive only been pulled up on harsh braking, it flags braking up every time you very suddenly break, now you could say what if its an emergency stop, but for other harder breaking which is needed from time to time it doesn't flag up, and really i think the relaxed nature of the other areas makes up for this.
I would recommend this to any new driver and have already done so to my friends.
This is one of the very few companies that actually allows you to drive like a normal person and get high scores, rightly so!

OJA123's avatar