The Melton Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 289 reviews       Last review 4 days ago
  Visit The Melton Building Society

The Melton Building Society was established in 1875, making it one of the oldest building societies in the UK. Members share their reviews to help you find out more about life at The Melton. Smart Money People is the place for The Melton Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

The Melton Building Society Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Very helpful

Angela has been in constant communication throughout, clearly knows her stuff and has been fantastic.

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Always nice to hear - thank you for leaving this great feedback for the Team.

Excellent Service

Laura provided great customer service. She was really knowledgeable and explained everything really well. She found me a really good mortgage deal and has been really helpful all the way through. Thank you!

Reviewed on 21st September 2021

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great to hear such positive feedback. I will ensure this is passed onto Laura and the rest of the Team. Thank you.

Helpful, meticulous, patient

Our MAB adviser (Angela) has been excellent - thorough, patient, and extremely helpful throughout. She's been very responsive to what we needed, and to our preferences through the whole process. In general, she has made something that had seemed quite daunting into something ultimately quite easy for us . Of course, it's still complex, and with many steps, but she has helped each step to be fairly straightforward, and we've just gradually worked our way through them. Many thanks!

Reviewed on 17th September 2021

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave such wonderful feedback - I will pass this onto the Team.

Mortgages

Great service - personal and friendly but still good products

Angie has been amazing - very responsive, knowledgeable and professional. I've stayed with the Melton now for many years and through a number of life changes, and I have no intention on going anywhere else.

Reviewed on 16th September 2021
Sharon's avatar
Sharon

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great feedback, thank you for this Sharon. I will make sure that this is passed onto Angie and the rest of the team.

Savings

Great response

How refreshing to telephone a company that picks up at once and quickly transfers me to the right person who deals with my two problems immediately. Excellent service.

Reviewed on 12th August 2021
Beverley Myers's avatar
Beverley Myers

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great to hear, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback :-)

Impeccable service and support

I have just paid off my mortgage with The Melton Building Society after 14 years with them and I can state, hand on heart, that they have been one of the most personal and refreshingly communicative and friendly organisations I've ever dealt with.... Read more

At a time when you can go around in circles trying to communicate with a human being in order to get something done, at the Melton you go straight through to the switchboard and you are dealt with immediately by a human - it makes so much difference. Over the years, I have dealt with a number of different staff at the Melton, all of whom have been reassuringly professional, understanding and kind. I have always had my questions answered quickly and to my satisfaction, and they have always made it very easy to move to new mortgage products etc.

If only more organisations could be like the Melton; many should take a leaf out of their book in terms of customer service. What a great experience - thank you.

Reviewed on 23rd July 2021
James O's avatar
James O

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for your wonderful feedback - I will ensure that this is passed onto the rest of the team!

Great responsive service

Melton are part of that unusual group of lenders where everything isn't just decided by computers, real world conversations can be had with staff... Read more

Melton are part of that unusual group of lenders where everything isn't just decided by computers, real world conversations can be had with staff members.

In particular Billy Dexter is doing incredible work there and providing fantastic support to mortgage brokers

Reviewed on 2nd July 2021
john mcallister's avatar
john mcallister

Reply from The Melton Building Society

What wonderful feedback - thank you for this, I will make sure it is passed onto the rest of the team!

Mortgage review

Angie Evans supported me through a mortgage review process with a view to us taking out increased borrowing. She was thorough, professional, friendly and explained everything fully, ensuring that we fully understood the process and what was... Read more

Angie Evans supported me through a mortgage review process with a view to us taking out increased borrowing. She was thorough, professional, friendly and explained everything fully, ensuring that we fully understood the process and what was happening.
A great and efficient service.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Jayne's avatar
Jayne

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Many thanks for leaving this wonderful feedback - I will ensure that this is communicated to Angie and the rest of the team.

Couldn't ask for better

These people are fabulous, I have no intention of moving companies, when I started with them I had adverse credit but with their help I'm back to where I should be, they actually listen to what you want and go the extra mile to get you it. I still pay my mortgage every month by card over the phone and as strange as it sounds I actually like giving them my money, the lady (brenda i think) is just so lovely.
Keep up the great work
I'm not great at reviews but thats how I see MBS

Reviewed on 5th June 2021
Ian Quy's avatar
Ian Quy

Reply from The Melton Building Society

What lovely feedback, thank you! I will make sure that this is relayed to Brenda and the rest of the Team :-)

Mortgage addition

Excellent service, friendly and informative, taken through the process step by step.

Reviewed on 22nd May 2021
Stuart jackson's avatar
Stuart jackson

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will ensure this is passed onto the rest of the team.

Mortgage

Really good communication and helpful.

Reviewed on 22nd May 2021
Simon Hooley's avatar
Simon Hooley

Reply from The Melton Building Society

So lovely to hear, thank you!

Extremely unprofessional

I was due to have my survey done, he did not follow the instructions provided and could not carry out the valuation. I now have to wait for them to find availability for this service to be carried out... Read more

I was due to have my survey done, he did not follow the instructions provided and could not carry out the valuation. I now have to wait for them to find availability for this service to be carried out again.
Terrible service, I am extremely disappointed.

Reviewed on 21st May 2021
Adam William Clarke's avatar
Adam William Clarke

Nice Real People

Not only was the product good but the people administering it are real people. Who else these days asks whether their call is convenient for you. Who else says they don't know - but will find out - and then calls back as they promised? So nice to deal with, so simple to get help.

Reviewed on 21st May 2021
George Rowing's avatar
George Rowing

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Great feedback, I will ensure this is passed onto the team.

Fast and Friendly

The Melton Building Society have the best product for my circumstances and have worked quickly and with the minimum of fuss. All contact has been very friendly and the team has been very supportive. Melton is one of the smaller less well known lenders but definitely big on service.

Reviewed on 17th May 2021
Austen Pickles's avatar
Austen Pickles

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback. I will be passing this onto the rest of the team.

Great Company

Melton Mowbray are a great company and so easy to contact and very professional. They never keep you hanging on the line, always answer their phone and give great advice . I would throughly recommend Melton Mowbray and I hope I get to stay with them when my mortgage deal ends next year with them

Reviewed on 14th May 2021
Karen Boulton's avatar
Karen Boulton

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Such wonderful feedback, I will make sure the team sees this and thank you for taking the time to do this.

So far so good

We’ve been with the Melton for 6 years. Customer service is great hope this continues for the rest of our term.

Reviewed on 12th May 2021
Claire189's avatar
Claire189

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you fr taking the time to leave us your positive feedback. I will be passing this onto the team.

Mortgages

Very clear communication of what was needed and was dealt with swiftly

Reviewed on 12th May 2021
Ness Fricker's avatar
Ness Fricker

Reply from The Melton Building Society

It's always good to hear such positive feedback. I will pass this onto the rest of the team. Thank you.

Happy customer

I've my mortgage with Melton for 20 years. Great product. Nothing is too much bother for the advisors.

Reviewed on 10th May 2021
Julie Cooper 's avatar
Julie Cooper

Reply from The Melton Building Society

Thank you for this great feedback and for taking the time to submit it. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team.

Mortgages

Great to speak to real people

Smashing customer service, so refreshing to actually speak to people that are understanding of different circumstances and do try to help .

Reviewed on 7th May 2021
lisa.beck250@gmail.com's avatar
lisa.beck250@gmail.com

Reply from The Melton Building Society

So nice to hear, thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I will pass this onto the rest of the team.

Mortgages

Consistently good and personable service

I have been with the Melton for 12 years. I have always appreciated the personal and personable touch. Good customer service. Lovely to not have a faceless organisation. Straightforward and easy to work with.

Reviewed on 5th May 2021
David Alderson's avatar
David Alderson

Reply from The Melton Building Society

This is great to hear, thank you Mr Alderson. I will share this with the team.