Monzo Reviews

Ratings based on 2,432 reviews       Last review 5 hours ago
  Visit Monzo

Mondo is now...

Mondo is now Monzo! It’s time for a bank that makes life easier, not harder. A bank that belongs on our smartphone, not on the high street. A bank that truly keeps us informed and in control, rather than trying to catch us out with fees and charges. Smart Money People is the place to read Monzo reviews written by people like you. Already made the jump and taken out a Monzo card? Why not write your own review and let others know what you think of the early version of the app and the card. Your Monzo reviews help others make informed decisions on whether or not to sign up.

Monzo Review Insight

Monzo Products 2,432

Current Account

The best app only banking app

The best app only banking app. Highly recommended. No complicated products.

Reviewed on 19th January 2021
John Ninos's avatar
John Ninos

Excellent bank

I enjoy having a current and savings account with monzo

Monique 's avatar
Monique

Current Account

Better than every other bank

Leagues ahead of everyone in terms of features, ideas and security. Can't recommend them enough

NicolaH's avatar
NicolaH

Current Account

Current Account of the future today

Simple and easy to use interface. Clear and concise with all your banking needs at your finger tips.

addwal's avatar
addwal

Definitely recommend

Really had a good experience with Monzo. Attracted by its easy to interface, rates, transparency as well. Love the pots, overdraft facilities. All of its online and if I have a query it’s answered within minutes. Dont have to book an appointment at a branch like some banks make you do.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Jarryd McLeroth's avatar
Jarryd McLeroth

Banking for the individual

Great, transparent banking app. User friendly app and feels like you have the control and the bank works for you. Helpful saving tools to manage money

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
Sascha Moore's avatar
Sascha Moore

Love Monzo!

I absolutely love being able to do all my banking instantly from my app. Being able to allocate my money into 'pots' has helped me to overcome spending and budgeting difficulties completely! I now always have money left at the end of the month!!

Reviewed on 11th September 2020
Christine Chambers's avatar
Christine Chambers

banking made easy

the app is so easy to use and very intuitive. The customer service is second to none. So much easier to keep track of my spending, especially with the pots function and salary sorter

Reviewed on 11th August 2020
Mwnci's avatar
Mwnci

fraudsters

Got my account with them for over 6 months, transferred money from my business account that I got at HSBC and they freeze the funds and close the account, so far 4 weeks are passed without any refund to the other account that I provided to them, they are a joke and a fraud bank keeping your funds illegally, I have send complains everywhere, today again complains to FSCS, financial obudsman, also contacted a solicitor, I hope will make them pay for ruining my life. DO NOT ever think to bank with them, is a bad ideea!

Reviewed on 9th August 2020
Mircea Silviu Rusu's avatar
Mircea Silviu Rusu

Easy to use and fun

I love Monzo, it has helped me save money. I can round up spending and deposit into my savings without me noticing. I can send and receive money so easily and track my spending. Love it!

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Rebecca Orton's avatar
Rebecca Orton

Perfect Account

I set up a Monzo current account and it is fantastic! Super easy to set up, card arrived super quick and the ease of use and functions that account offers is second to none. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6th July 2020
Rachel Butler's avatar
Rachel Butler

Current Account

Great account for rounding up

I really like how you can have separate pots saved from rounding up your purchases. It helps you keep track of your money goals. Overdraft available but is removed if you do not need to use it after 90 days

Reviewed on 4th July 2020
mkh113's avatar
mkh113

Monzo

It's a great all-rounder and lovely user interface. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 25th June 2020
cait's avatar
cait

Makes banking so easy

Monzo has changed the way that I bank. It feels so much more secure as I know the moment money has been debited from my account, and the budgeting feature is really smart.

Reviewed on 12th June 2020
Chloe's avatar
Chloe

Over the expectations

Everything it’s too easy and fast

Reviewed on 11th June 2020
Francesco Lauria's avatar
Francesco Lauria

Current Account

Very helpful, easy to use

this app and account is so helpful for money management! Its like a new generation of banking which allows me to easily set money aside for certain bills and savings pots yet has all the flexibility of a standard bank account in terms of payments

Reviewed on 8th June 2020
Sherri-Anne Pegg's avatar
Sherri-Anne Pegg

Absolutely LOVE Monzo

I've been with Monzo for about a year now and it's like no other bank that I've been with. The app is incredible and SO helpful for budgeting, and their staff are super friendly. I can't imagine ever banking with anyone else now.

Reviewed on 5th May 2020
CKennedy2906's avatar
CKennedy2906

Current Account

Some unique features but missing some basic functionality

Good: I can request funds by sharing a link, and people can pay me with a debit card. I just sold some flour to a neighbour and got paid into my bank account without sharing my account number, which is great given how useless cash is at the... Read more

Good: I can request funds by sharing a link, and people can pay me with a debit card. I just sold some flour to a neighbour and got paid into my bank account without sharing my account number, which is great given how useless cash is at the moment.

Bad: I got a £10 refund cheque from a utility provider. Cheques can only be paid in by post (or by hand delivering them to London). I sent it to the Freepost address, but Monzo claim they never received it, and I should ask the provider to stop the cheque and issue a new one, and that I can use a tracked delivery service if I'm worried about another one going missing. Paying £2 for tracked delivery plus envelope on a £10 cheque isn't worth it. Paying in cheques in-app like with other banks can't come soon enough for this supposedly all-digital bank.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
h0m54r's avatar
h0m54r

Current Account

The best way to manage your money

Monzo’S current account makes it easy to manage your money. Instant notifications when you spend, all spending categorised and you can set monthly budgets.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
Comping Mouse's avatar
Comping Mouse

Current Account

Best features and banking out there

I've been using monzo for 2 years and the current account since it was launched. I quickly closed my account with natwest and moved everything to monzo with their easy switch service and everything has been great since then and looking forward to all the future updates.

Reviewed on 27th February 2020