Nationwide Life Insurance Reviews

Do you want to find out what life as a Nationwide life insurance customer is like? Now you can! Read Nationwide life insurnace reviews at Smart Money People to find out what other policy holders have to say.

Good

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Life Insurance Reviews

Review Nationwide's Life Insurance now

Mis sold

I’ve been with Nationwide building society since my child hood. When it use to be called Anglia building society. Nationwide in 1999 sold me a life insurance policy with my mortgage serious illness cover stating informing me it covers cancer, heart attack Read more

I’ve been with Nationwide building society since my child hood. When it use to be called Anglia building society. Nationwide in 1999 sold me a life insurance policy with my mortgage serious illness cover stating informing me it covers cancer, heart attacks etc. Then in 2012 they asked me to upgrade it again, also it covers the same as I was informed, In September 2018 I suffered a heart attack 3 times I was fitted a stent. Also losing my career that I enjoyed for 15 years cause of my heart attack. I went to make the claim and the life insurance company Refused to pay the cover out. When I asked for a full investigation and re asses the claim. The insurance company had said they only cover by pass surgery as they do not cover the stent fitting. So they told me I was mis sold the policy by nationwide. Then out of the blue nationwide phone me to tell me it was my fault and also there advisors do not have enough time to explain the policy so that’s why they make you sign for the policy there and then. Well you told me heart attacks are covered infact they won’t! And now 21 years later you ring me! just to tell me it was my fault! For taking the policy and am still covered! Not a bit of sympathy for selling me a policy that was no good to me or my family. And have no sympathy how I pay you the mortgage right now. I do not need you’re advice my children family have been with you for a long time. If that’s how you do business and look after you’re customers I’ll take my family and money some where else then.

Reviewed on 16th June 2020
Mo's avatar
Mo

Very helpful

A good helping hand whenever I need

Uploaded on 7th February 2017