Platform Reviews

Platform is the intermediary lender of The Co-­operative Bank p.l.c. which launched in February 2003. Platform was “created from the merger of Platform Home Loans and Verso, both Britannia subsidiaries”. So if you want to know more, read what people have said in their Platform reviews below!

Good

Platform Review Insight

Platform Products 2

Morgtages

Do not go with platform mortgage

Please DO NOT GO WITH PLATFORM the stress, upset and worry with my porting application has been awful and is just getting worse by the day.  I wish I had never gone with them in the first place.  I was told that the porting application was a 10 to 12 weeks process (which in itself is a ridiculously long time for a mortgage application) and now nearly 5 months on I still haven’t got the application documentation which is holding up the whole chain and the time frames just keep getting longer and longer.  You can only talk to Customer services who have no involvement with the process, and although they are mostly very lovely they are unable to give you much information.  You can’t email you can only ring – and usually on hold for 30 mins to an hour a time waiting to be put through to customer services advisor.  They clearly don’t care about their existing customers and what they’re putting them through, moving house is stressful enough but they’ve made it 100% worse.

I’ve attached the timetable below to show fully what has happened to show an idea of what the application time line is like (which is very different from the maximum 10 to 12 weeks I was told)

Timetable

19/04 – rang platform to kick off process, they advised will receive a call back from the affordability  team within 10 working days

4/05 – affordability team ran through figures to check affordable and then made an appointment to talk to the mortgage advisor

11/05 – mortgage advisor appointment

20/05 – received the mortgage documentation & sent back

21/05 – platform received application start of “10 to 12 weeks” until application is vetted

13/08 – end of 12 weeks to get vetted

16/08 – Verbal confirmation that the application was accepted on 11/08 but advised that the docs will take further time to be sent to Solicitors & I – will be by 1st of September

20/08 – text received confirming the offer has been approved and offer docs are being generated

25/08 – rung and advised that the latest will be by the 6th of September due to the bank holiday

2/09 – even though rang every other day for an update, rang 2/09 & advised that it is now 15 days for the offer doc to be generated.  This would take us to the 13/09.  This is almost 5 months and there is still no guarantee that this will be generated then.

Honestly I don't know what more I can do now,it's just been horrific and I hope no-one else has to go through this.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2021
Catherine Lawford's avatar
Catherine Lawford

Morgtages

Friendly

Good communication and good understanding

Reviewed on 16th February 2021