Post Office Personal Loan Reviews

Post Office personal loan reviews on Smart Money People are honest reviews. If you're trying to determine whether this is the right personal loan for you, reading our Post Office personal loan reviews can help you to find out what other people have to say. Smart Money People launched in October 2014 to help people like you to find the best personal loans. If you have used a Post Office personal loan, we'd love you to write a quick review too.

Average

Post Office Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Your Personal Loan Reviews

Review Post Office's Personal Loan now

False Advertising

With a perfect credit rating I applied for a semi reasonable rate for a loan. On approval the rate over quadrupled so that in effect the interest would be 50% of the loan. Absolute madness. Please avoid to save yourself a waste of your time.

Reviewed on 25th September 2021
David's avatar
David

Very Happy Customer

Very professional and honest customer based service. Outstanding and would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 20th March 2021
James 's avatar
James

THIEFS, LIARS, SAVAGE VULTURES

I had coronavirus which meant i was in hospital for 2 weeks and had significant reduced pay in December, I talked to post office money about the situation, and came to an agreement that if i pay by the 29th that it will not be reported as late payment on this occasion.

The collection officer Anita said she has spoke to their managers Elisa and had this confirmation by email.

I paid the instalment close to £495, and 2 days later the lying crooks post office money has not only reported it as late but reported wrong as 2 months late!!!!

I am now seeking litigation for the damages they have caused by not upholding the agreement and basically only lying to get me to pay and illegal invalid reporting.

STAY AWAY FROM POST OFFICE, THEY OUTSOURCE THE COMPLAINTS AND SUPPORT TEAM TO A ROGUE CROOKED DEBT COLLECTION COMPANY CALLED INTRUM, THESE ARE LOW LIFE TOILET CLEANERS WHO DONT KNOW JACKALL ABOUT THE RULES AND REGULATIONS IN THE FINANCIAL INDUSTRY, THEY DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FCA IS. LYING FILFTH OF THE EARTH.

Reviewed on 4th February 2021
Seyed Y's avatar
Seyed Y

Terrible con

Applied for a loan on the basis of a headline rate. I have perfect credit and a substantial income. I was quoted 11% which is about 4 times the headline rate. When asked about why they refused to give any detail. I was left with a hard search on my Credit profile all because of false advertising. I complained and got absolutely nothing back but a sarcastic response and that I should contact the ombudsman. Honestly, if you are thinking of using them, please try Zopa first, they were fantastic and simple. Then if for any reason you don’t go with them, try every other provider apart from Tesco - equally horrific

Reviewed on 29th December 2019
Christopher Scott's avatar
Christopher Scott

good service

quick and efficient service when assessing my request for a loan

Reviewed on 7th November 2018