Revolut Reviews

Ratings based on 7,739 reviews       Last review 2 days ago

Revolut reviews can help you to see what life with the Revolut app is really like. Have you used Revolut's international money account before? On Smart Money People you can read and write Revolut reviews written by people like you to help increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Revolut Review Insight

Revolut Products 7,739

Personal Account

Great app for international transfers

Amazing app with great futures. You can have accounts in different currencies. Easy to transfer money to your friends.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
Kamil's avatar
Kamil

Everything in one app

Revolut started off giving me super cheap FX rates for travelling and sending to family. Now it gives me insight to spending, allows me to invest in stocks, crypto, metals and manage bill payments with family and friends. Also love the new subscription reminder piece...helping me keep track of expenses.

Reviewed on 19th January 2021
Craig's avatar
Craig

Personal Account

Atrocious from start to finish

Absolutely atrocious customer service. Actually I am not even sure we can even say that there is an customer service. Accounts get locked for no reason. Nobody answers for days and I am a premium... Read more

Absolutely atrocious customer service. Actually I am not even sure we can even say that there is an customer service. Accounts get locked for no reason. Nobody answers for days and I am a premium customer!
There is no number to call, all you can do is chat in the app with absurdly incompetent individuals (are they even human?).
I have absolutely never been treated so poorly by any other company in my life and that means a lot given that I have flown on the likes of Ryanair...
I cannot wait to delete my account but I can’t for now since I am unable to withdraw my funds for a locked account!

Reviewed on 2nd November 2020
Revolut Sucks's avatar
Revolut Sucks

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

AVOID AT ALL... Read more

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!
The app itself is really well designed, the customer service on the other hand... is rubbish or non-existent.They froze my account and asked me for documents to prove that is my salary.I send them a payslip they reply they want the last 3 months payslips.I send them the payslips they reply they want my bank statements for the last 3 months.How stupid and incompetent you need to be to ask me to provide bank statements from the same bank you work for?
Asked them if they have acces to my bank statements.
They replied "yes, of course".
Now they want my employment contract.
And keep playing this stupid game.
THEY STOLE £4268 FROM ME.
They keep telling me to use the in-app "live" chat but is just one chat active with the same "live" agent replying after 2 days.
You can't talk to someone else and you're stuck with the same incompetent named "Jordan".
There are a lot of people in the same situation that have nobody to complain to other than the "live" incompetent in the chat.
THERE IS NO PHONELINE.
I guess the rubbish or non-existent customer service is the price you have to pay for not using a reputable bank.
In my situation there are a lot of other people and this keeps repeating.
They always have the same automated dumb message wich is an apology for being incompetent but they are not willing to solve the problem either.

Reviewed on 13th May 2020
Adrian's avatar
Adrian

Personal Account

Avoid. Save your nerves and money for other things

Revolut is a scam. They lure people in with their low exchange rates. If you need it for small amount currency exchange or to withdraw in a foreign country, it will do the trick. To use it as a bank or to make international transactions would be a disaster. Among others they have a very bad customer service and management, which is unpleasant and discriminating.
They requested lots of information for an international transaction. After it was provided they told they do not cooperate with the transferring bank. The reason is ridiculous. Especially because they knew the name of the bank from the beginning.
Also I have advised them to my friends. Which I know regret of having done. As you have to ask them for that bonus hanging on the stupid chat for days and those friends come back complaining about Revolut.
Therefore I decided to warn the rest. Do not use them for anything else than withdrawal or payment in foreign countries or avid altogether. There are better alternatives.

Reviewed on 11th May 2020
RI's avatar
RI

Personal Account

Full of features the normal banking system cant come close to beating.

Excellent bank, no comparison....From money box saving of spare change even into crypto to the best exchange rates available with one card multi currency wallet there is no easier way to manage your fiat.

Reviewed on 8th April 2020
Jc's avatar
Jc

Great for International Payments

Love Revolut, i use this as my secondary bank to send over payments to my daughter abroad, it's just so simple and quick to do just how it should be!

Reviewed on 4th April 2020
Lee's avatar
Lee

Avoid like a plague

Avoid like a plague, everything is hunky dory but if things go wrong expect terrible service, I referred a friend to revolut to get £17 referral bonus, I was told that I had the refer the friend by the 2nd of March, I sent the link and 1 friend decided to do it, they met all the criteria, waited for the card and used it which was the last criteria to be met, after a couple of days, neither of us had the bonus, I chatted to Revolut, they told me I missed the deadline, I was like no, my friend opened the account within the March 2nd deadline, no say revolut, they had to use the card as well as everything else before the 2nd March, my friend didn't receive the card until the 7th march, so the offer was basically impossible to achieve! Revolut did not seem to understand this fact and the guy I spoke to on the chat kept blaming it on me! Eventually after escalating they paid me the £17 as a Gesture of goodwill, I paid £12.99/month for the metal which apparently gives you priority support as well as other things, I dread to think how they treat free customers, but after paying this amount for well over a year to be treated so poorly is worse than experience I've had from what these NU Banks call the 'dinosaur' banks! I've now closed the account and you should be careful before opting for these charlatans as your digital bank of choice, I've just moved to Curve, so far much better!

Reviewed on 18th March 2020
Daniel Gilligan's avatar
Daniel Gilligan

WARNING - DO NOT USE REVOLUT

WARNING. This app appear to be a scam.... Read more

WARNING. This app appear to be a scam.

I have deposited above 10k on my Revolut account, but I'm no longer able to access the app. It appears Revolut has blocked the account and when I try to get in contact with the company they're not replying.

DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION

Reviewed on 12th March 2020
Linus123's avatar
Linus123

First Choice For Holiday Money Card

Revolut is perfect for loading and taking on holiday with you. Gives you honest exchange rates. Their app makes it super easy to transfer between accounts and view your balances. Love this app and card.

Reviewed on 11th March 2020
Hannah Templeton-Cox's avatar
Hannah Templeton-Cox

EXCELLENT BANKING OPPORTUNITIES

Cheap rates when transferring funds to foreign banks. ~Excellent exchange rates on using the card abroad too

Reviewed on 11th March 2020
Sue Galladant's avatar
Sue Galladant

Personal Account

Very good application Very good application I also recommended to friends and family

Reviewed on 10th March 2020
Simona Alina Epure 's avatar
Simona Alina Epure

Personal Account

The Revolut is wonderfull !I’m verry excite that i have my card Revolut!Thank you,Revolut!!!!

Reviewed on 7th March 2020
Alina Borcea's avatar
Alina Borcea

new hidden fees

‘Revolut’ has changed the way they are processing transactions. Prior to January 2020 the transactions were always charged as normal purchases, however this year they are now processed as cash transactions, meaning members are now incurring a cash fee charge and cash interest on each transaction.
There has not been any notification to the users of this important change and customer service is not helping or even considering compensation.

After few headaches and conversations with support it got sorted and i managed to get a refund for the charges. Aparently Revolut indicates that this is due to the credit card bank not dealing with Revolut requests properly, hence applying a fee as if you were taking advance cash transfers or similar from your credit card when topping up Revolut app, though when i contacted my bank, it seems that is due to Visa (credit card provider) and Revolut agreement on top up transactions assocaited to credit cards. Since this is my main use i am not sure if i will keep using Revolut.

it seems to work great for other transactions or as a bank though.

Reviewed on 5th March 2020
Oscar's avatar
Oscar

Business Account

Do not get a business account with them

They will block your account for no reason. And there’s nothing you can do about it.

Reviewed on 5th March 2020
Nsugbe@icloud.com's avatar
Nsugbe@icloud.com

The Bank of the future

I love Revolut and recommend it to all my friends and relatives. Easy to use, fast, simple, easy to understand.

Reviewed on 4th March 2020
Angela's avatar
Angela

Personal Account

Very practical for EU families and travellers

Excellent service for EUR to GBP transfers and vice versa. Very reasonable exchange rates.

Reviewed on 2nd March 2020

Reviewed on 27th February 2020
Dana 's avatar
Dana

perfect!

transfer money my family's, and this happens very quickly and without any charge.Thsnk you do much!

Reviewed on 24th February 2020
Atlaska's avatar
Atlaska

Great travel card

Better rates than the bank and you can pay with a credit card.

Reviewed on 23rd February 2020