Santander Basic Current Account Reviews

Santander Basic Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Santander Basic Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Santander customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Santander customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Santander Basic Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Santander Review Insight

Your Basic Current Account Reviews

Review Santander's Basic Current Account now

Terrible bank.

They blocked my access to my account randomly after months of use. I can’t access my money. If I didn’t have another bank account elsewhere I’d be in trouble. I’ll never use Santander again.

Reviewed on 18th October 2021
Daniel Henry's avatar
Daniel Henry

Excellent service, friendly staff and good cashback offers from retailers.

Reviewed on 12th August 2021
Marti van der Linde's avatar
Marti van der Linde

Santander

13 years with the bank, rude, insultive, excuses for everything, money is not safe, anyone who youve ever had a direct debit with can just reset it up without your consent and empty your account.... and did!!!

Reviewed on 11th August 2021
Stacey Cooper's avatar
Stacey Cooper

Excellent banking with no fee

Supeeerb banking services, help always available

Reviewed on 6th August 2021

Reviewed on 27th July 2021
gaffney_beverly@yahoo.co.uk's avatar
gaffney_beverly@yahoo.co.uk

Fairly good bank

Use a current account here to keep my savings, excellent rates and the staff in branch are fairly helpful!

Reviewed on 9th April 2021
Daniel A's avatar
Daniel A

Simple and helpful

The staff at Santander UK are all English speaker, very helpful, patient and actually follow on their action once they get off the phone with you. Been with them since 2005 and never had an issue. Their mobile app is also very user friendly and pretty responsive, transactions correct and show up straight away!
Can't fault them.

Reviewed on 27th March 2021
Trouble 's avatar
Trouble

Santander

Professional, friendly, but loans not as cheap as Zopa.

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
Nigel Leslie's avatar
Nigel Leslie

Santander the best bank

I love how Santander helped me when I moved to the Uk. Before talking with them I was applying to open an account in other banks but nobody was accepting me. They helped me in everything, I would be always grateful

Reviewed on 21st March 2021
Nicolas's avatar
Nicolas

safety

Your money is safe in an account! But it's not easy to put money into an ATM and I got a thousand pounds today. The staff said they could get the account today, but they didn't!

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
hongyang zhang's avatar
hongyang zhang

simple and straightforward

haven't face any issues accessing their service

Reviewed on 9th March 2021
e's avatar
e

Beaurocratic, slow, old school

Santander have a big issue when it comes to UI/UX. They lag behind competitors when it comes to mobile banking.... Read more

Their structuring of what should be simple accounts is sub-par. Their approach to digital is archaic.

Staff are consistently uninformed of products and procedures.

Over reliance on forms and paperwork is off putting in dealing with them.

Reviewed on 25th February 2021
Craig E's avatar
Craig E

Great Banking and Customer Service

I've banked with Santander for many years and have always found my banking needs have been met in an efficient and accessible way and the Customer Service is always extremely good. I'm always informed of any changes or communications that I need to know about and the online banking is easy to use and fully comprehensive. I was even offered the chance to change to a different type of current account, so that my overdraft charges would be capped at a certain amount, saving me a lot of money, when the new Banking Overdraft Fees regulations changed last year. A very happy customer.

Reviewed on 22nd February 2021
Megan Boyes's avatar
Megan Boyes

Santander Current Account

Can't be faulted, good customer service and good online functionality

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
Hamish Archibald's avatar
Hamish Archibald

Best bank & customer service

I’ve been with the bank for over 40yrs and always received a warm friendly service

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
Charlotte's avatar
Charlotte

Fantastic Bank

Santander are a fantastic bank. They helped me when no other bank would support me. Since being with them my life has go better. They have fantastic staff who support you all the way

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Dan Peart's avatar
Dan Peart

Simple and professional

Been easy to open an current account quick and simple

Reviewed on 16th February 2021
Frederic barreau's avatar
Frederic barreau

Easy

Love the app and the cards and my account

Reviewed on 5th February 2021
Loz0201's avatar
Loz0201

bad service in branch

you have to wait to long to be served

Reviewed on 17th September 2020
Graham Walker's avatar
Graham Walker

Supporting

Very supportive. Open to suggestions to customer support. Review and keep track of account information.

Reviewed on 19th June 2020