Starling Bank Reviews

Ratings based on 17,479 reviews       Last review 1 hour ago
  Visit Starling Bank

Starling Bank launched their public app in May 2017 which allows users to take out their 'game-changing' current account. So if you're looking to see what other early adopters are saying about this new challenger bank, read our Starling Bank reviews to see what people think of the app and the technology behind this new bank within an app.

Already got your code and signed up with Starling Bank? Please share a quick Starling review of your own and you'll be helping others decide if this new bank is right for them or not! With the power of your reviews, we're changing and improving financial services.

Starling Bank Review Insight

Speed

Starling Bank Products 17,479

So simple

Best app on my phone I use it everyday it's my solution to all my financial needs

Reviewed on 28th January 2022
Douglas Purvis's avatar
Douglas Purvis

free but very limited

Charing for simple features is not great

Reviewed on 26th January 2022
Alex S's avatar
Alex S

just another bank

Starling used to be nice with new features but the competitors now are miles ahead

Reviewed on 26th January 2022
Alex S's avatar
Alex S

Current Account

Better than high street banks!

Having been with RBS, TSB, HBoS over the years and finding them to be an absolute nightmare and completely useless in customer service, changing to starling was the best thing I could have ever done!... Read more

They to me are are truly fantastic, their app is so good and easy to use and does everything you want it to and makes banking an absolute joy. From cheque depositing, checking your balances and payments to sending or receiving money between friends, family or tradespeople. It is so good.

Love how you get notified of every transaction, when you get a message or payment in or even when a payment is due in the next day or two just so you are not left in the dark. I like that a lot!

Their statements are simple and clear, without all the clutter and mess and give you clear concise information you need and you can view or download with ease.

The customer service is second to none and the team are so respectful and give you personal respect as a person rather than you being another number on their sheet.

I highly recommend starling. 100%

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
James365's avatar
James365

A Forward Looking Bank

Innovations are quickly extended to their app

Reviewed on 24th January 2022
TimH's avatar
TimH

Poor Experience

Had a poor experience with Starling Bank. Their customer service was poor, leading to a complaint and then a complaint to the ombudsman who sided in my favor. The app feels clunky and slow.

Reviewed on 24th January 2022
addwal's avatar
addwal

Best ever

Best ever bank account love the fact I have so much control over my account from setting limits on my card to the saving spaces it’s all so easy to use thank you starling

Reviewed on 18th January 2022
Tracy Davies's avatar
Tracy Davies

Excekent Bank

So Easy to use, straight forward and simple. Great for overseas payments and use too

Jetshonour 's avatar
Jetshonour

The Bank account that matters

As someone with no debt, I must budget my money every month to ensure that I am able to build wealth from my biggest wealth building tool, my income! Starling Bank makes saving easy, I create a saving space, give it a name...Car Insurance, and contribute to it every month so that when my renewal comes around... it's not a mad panic. This applies to all bills, projects, Christmas or just fun! This makes life so easy!

Adam Thomas's avatar
Adam Thomas

Easy to deal with

in comparison with my historic dealings with high street banks this company are a breeze to deal with

Murray's avatar
Murray

Kite Childrens Account

Amazing product

I have found the kite account to be so helpful!... Read more

I have found the kite account to be so helpful!
It’s really allowed my daughter to manage her spending and she hates carrying her pocket money. Since this account, it just goes straight into the space and she can spend how she likes.
It’s great it gives her access to the app to see her balance, she’s clearly aware of what she’s spent and how much is left.
It’s good it’s connected to my app as I can essentially monitor her spending.

Reviewed on 11th January 2022
Genavieve 's avatar
Genavieve

Perfect

Suits our business perfectly, can't recommend enough

Reviewed on 6th January 2022
Luke Ridge's avatar
Luke Ridge

stole my money

stole my 330 pound and have told my need waitk 31 days yhen money coming to my conto that the fuckk

Reviewed on 19th December 2021
roland roland's avatar
roland roland

Horrible customer service

Cheap online bank, no customer service at all, cannot resolve simple issues

Reviewed on 10th November 2021
Ivan4's avatar
Ivan4

Current Account

Was not able to open an account

Starling refused me as a customer. I am a new addition to the country (I'm from Belgium) so I don't have a credit history here yet. They kept asking for other documents to see proof of address, forcing me to reinstall the app repeatedly, with the app asking for other types of documents after each reinstall. Cheeky. I provided them, amongst others, with letters from HMRC for proof of address. All turned down with them refusing to explain why. Infuriating. Welcome to our globalised world. Bye bye Starling.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
Frank Vandenberghe's avatar
Frank Vandenberghe

Very good customer service

Very good customer service. Fantastic experience

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
Alvaro Gallego's avatar
Alvaro Gallego

Do NOT use Starling Business

Do NOT switch to Starling Business banking. Its okay if you're a new business and probably transact about 1k per month but if you are an established business and deal with a commercial level of transactions, then Starling isn't for you. They don't really have a Business banking department. For them it's just an extra offering and this is where things go wrong. Starling is a very new 'bank' they don't have the infrastructure, resources, personnel or knowhow of industry level business banking so your 'business account' at Starling is not really designed for business. They will restrict accounts without notice, preventing incoming and outgoing payments, then ask you for a documents which have no relation to the issue they raised. This can take weeks to resolve because they don't really have specialists who can deal with this.

My business account was blocked twice. Both occasions I received payments from a payee who has regularly paid into my account and Starling decided to investigate. Starling will blabber on about how they are a regulated bank (all banks are regulated) and how they have to perform AML checks (they all have to), they say this measure is to protect you (nope total garbage) but Starling seems to enjoy having a rulebook of their own. Stick to established high Street banks as they have real infrastructure, personnel and resources in place to facilitate your banking service. Do not make the mistake please because just because you think its cheaper, joining process is easier or you are enticed by the nice looking app. All of these things are at the expense of the quality of service. I am now using a proper bank for my business account. Please do not use Starling or any other App based 'challenger' bank. They just do not have the infrastructure in place to offer you a proper business banking service.

Reviewed on 6th September 2021
Moazam Ejaz's avatar
Moazam Ejaz

Business Account

Much better user experience compared to high street banks

Their app is great. Access to multiple business and current accounts. Very responsive, reliable and easy to use. Lots of updates over the years since I've started using Starling Bank. Integration with FreeAgent is great and works flawlessly.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Daniel Krebs's avatar
Daniel Krebs

Current Account

Amazingly simple banking at your fingertips

The app is perfect and very simple to operate along with every bit of information you could possibly require about your finances.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Graham Cavanagh's avatar
Graham Cavanagh

Simply the best bank

I've been banking with Starling since going freelance two years ago, and can't imagine ever wanting to switch. The app helps me manage my finances, save and watch my spending in a way that just wasn't possible with my previous bank.

Reviewed on 10th August 2021