Starling Bank Reviews

Ratings based on 17,473 reviews       Last review 1 week ago
  Visit Starling Bank

Starling Bank launched their public app in May 2017 which allows users to take out their 'game-changing' current account. So if you're looking to see what other early adopters are saying about this new challenger bank, read our Starling Bank reviews to see what people think of the app and the technology behind this new bank within an app.

Already got your code and signed up with Starling Bank? Please share a quick Starling review of your own and you'll be helping others decide if this new bank is right for them or not! With the power of your reviews, we're changing and improving financial services.

Starling Bank Review Insight

Speed

Starling Bank Products 17,473

Current Account

Was not able to open an account

Starling refused me as a customer. I am a new addition to the country (I'm from Belgium) so I don't have a credit history here yet. They kept asking for other documents to see proof of address, forcing me to reinstall the app repeatedly, with the app asking for other types of documents after each reinstall. Cheeky. I provided them, amongst others, with letters from HMRC for proof of address. All turned down with them refusing to explain why. Infuriating. Welcome to our globalised world. Bye bye Starling.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
Frank Vandenberghe's avatar
Frank Vandenberghe

Very good customer service

Very good customer service. Fantastic experience

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
Alvaro Gallego's avatar
Alvaro Gallego

Do NOT use Starling Business

Do NOT switch to Starling Business banking. Its okay if you're a new business and probably transact about 1k per month but if you are an established business and deal with a commercial level of transactions, then Starling isn't for you. They don't really have a Business banking department. For them it's just an extra offering and this is where things go wrong. Starling is a very new 'bank' they don't have the infrastructure, resources, personnel or knowhow of industry level business banking so your 'business account' at Starling is not really designed for business. They will restrict accounts without notice, preventing incoming and outgoing payments, then ask you for a documents which have no relation to the issue they raised. This can take weeks to resolve because they don't really have specialists who can deal with this.

My business account was blocked twice. Both occasions I received payments from a payee who has regularly paid into my account and Starling decided to investigate. Starling will blabber on about how they are a regulated bank (all banks are regulated) and how they have to perform AML checks (they all have to), they say this measure is to protect you (nope total garbage) but Starling seems to enjoy having a rulebook of their own. Stick to established high Street banks as they have real infrastructure, personnel and resources in place to facilitate your banking service. Do not make the mistake please because just because you think its cheaper, joining process is easier or you are enticed by the nice looking app. All of these things are at the expense of the quality of service. I am now using a proper bank for my business account. Please do not use Starling or any other App based 'challenger' bank. They just do not have the infrastructure in place to offer you a proper business banking service.

Reviewed on 6th September 2021
Moazam Ejaz's avatar
Moazam Ejaz

Business Account

Much better user experience compared to high street banks

Their app is great. Access to multiple business and current accounts. Very responsive, reliable and easy to use. Lots of updates over the years since I've started using Starling Bank. Integration with FreeAgent is great and works flawlessly.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Daniel Krebs's avatar
Daniel Krebs

Current Account

Amazingly simple banking at your fingertips

The app is perfect and very simple to operate along with every bit of information you could possibly require about your finances.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Graham Cavanagh's avatar
Graham Cavanagh

Simply the best bank

I've been banking with Starling since going freelance two years ago, and can't imagine ever wanting to switch. The app helps me manage my finances, save and watch my spending in a way that just wasn't possible with my previous bank.

Reviewed on 10th August 2021
Andy 's avatar
Andy

Perfect

Having only just recently opened an account with starling (due to Tesco bank closing current accounts) I wish I had done it sooner. The functionality witching the app is fantastic. Easy to use, detailed transaction informative, fast and I mean fast transfers/payments, outstanding security features. Overall this is a true bank but on your phone. So good that I’ve moved my other accounts to starling. The app is awesome, so far I’ve not come across anything I can’t do with it.

Reviewed on 9th August 2021
Paul's avatar
Paul

Bad bank or company .

Bad Company. They cant manage accounts... Read more

Bad Company. They cant manage accounts properly.
My manager deposits money in his bank and sends me the money that I give him because I don't have enough time to go to the post office to deposit .so they blocked my account. I send them all confirmation and photos of transfers. After 10 days of blocking they make a decision to close the account.
Don't open guys and try to not cooperate with them.
They cant explain the main reason.
Managers have a high street card.

Reviewed on 20th July 2021

Current Account

Starling bank is by far the best bank I've been with so far and I am glad that I'm still with them. Thank you guys for giving me such an experience and a great service. Keep up the great work Starling!!!!!

Reviewed on 12th July 2021
Nana Agyei's avatar
Nana Agyei

Not brilliant

Not a great product, app is hard to use, difficult to carry out transactions, poor saving rates, lack of products, not really anything good going for it.

Reviewed on 24th June 2021
Kelvin Manson's avatar
Kelvin Manson

Business Account

Extremely slow and lack of correspondence

Very slow. No communication. It's probably easier to get citizenship in a foreign than open a business account with Starling. If you can wait until your business flops because they take so long then you are welcome to apply.

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Asim Hafiz's avatar
Asim Hafiz

Business Account

Easy to use, great use of notifications and has an app too

This bank account has given me all I've needed and more. I know exactly where my businesses money goes, it give lots of helpful notifictions and with the app I can do all my banking on the go.

Lucy Humphreys's avatar
Lucy Humphreys

Recommended

Very efficient, well thoughtout app, and quick customer service.

Samantha's avatar
Samantha

Brilliant!

App great,can keep up with expenditure so easily and even earn a little interest while I'm at it

Harry Brown's avatar
Harry Brown

The best card

I like this bank. Easy registration via phone in few clicks. The best rates when you travel. Better to use your Starling card in other country ATM then exchange the money in the banks. So highly recommend it.

Roger's avatar
Roger

Constanstly improving

Ease of use and constanstly improving user experience. Great support, without doubt setting the standard for services

Mansel's avatar
Mansel

Best online Bank

Wow ! Starling bank are brilliant, online service very user friendly and support team are super helpful.

shazwatson70@yahoo.co.uk's avatar
shazwatson70@yahoo.co.uk

Easy to use, great product, 24/7 support

The app and it's features are easy to use and meet all my needs. Support is always on hand and responds quickly. Cool spaces where I can save pots of money, set goals etc. And when travel allows, the best way to make international transactions and take money out while away.

J.Field's avatar
J.Field

So easy

Easy to top up. Notified of every use.

Johnb's avatar
Johnb

No nonsense banking

For the first time I have a bank that is simple logical and very understanding of circumstances. They are easy to contact and deal with problems simply

Helen B's avatar