Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society Savings Reviews

Suffolk Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Suffolk Building Society. How easy is it to contact Suffolk Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Suffolk Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society Review Insight

Your Savings Reviews

Review Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society's Savings now

No online facility, stuck in the dark ages

It's 2021 how can they not have Internet banking it's ridiculous. Struggled to get an appointment to open a new account so will be moving my savings elsewhere. change your name if you want, still a rotten apple underneath

Reviewed on 6th October 2021

Reply from Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society

Hi there, thanks for the comment. We're very sorry to hear you've looked to move your savings elsewhere - but we do understand given that there's no online facility. We are going to be launching online savings in the near future and it's a priority for us in 2022. We hope you might take a look at our savings accounts again in the future when we've launched our online offering.

A little dated

I like my fixed rate saver as not too bad of a penalty if I withdraw early, however no online service is not very 2021 and the Ipswich branches close at 3pm which is bizarre.

Reviewed on 27th August 2021
Verified Member

Excellent service always at Woodbridge.

Welcoming staff at the Woodbridge branch.

Reviewed on 25th August 2021
Kathryn's avatar
Kathryn

Poor interest rates

Better interest rates found at other Building Soc so had to change companies and the cost of changing the name of this soc should not be down to the savers

Reviewed on 20th August 2021

Good staff in branch

I only have positive things to say regarding staff and service in branch. I usually use Halesworth branch. I do however feel that the society could do with a major revamp of its online services. In this day and age you really should be able to check your accounts on line and currently this isn’t available.

Quick efficient savings

I contacted my local branch with regards saving, I was dealt with politely and with clear information. My cheque was cleared quickly and the transaction confirmed by telephone

Nacton Branch

I always use Nacton Branch for any transactions. They are always most helpful and nothing is too much trouble, even when I need them to explain things they take the time to help me to understand. Lots of different staff but always lovely.

disappointing

Called IBS regarding the requirements to make withdrawals but the operator failed to mention all account holders were required to be present for the transaction!

disappointing

On line

It would be nice to manage all your accounts on line.

Regular savings account

Market leading rate for years. (except for accounts requiring a linked current account). Pay in through standing order, withdraw by post.

Reviewed on 8th November 2017