Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society: Mortgages reviews

Based on 79 reviews, last reviewed 18th Jun 2024
40% decrease in 5 star reviews

Happy to Recommend Lovely polite lady, no pressing buttons or ghastly music, and she was easily understood, exceedingly knowledgeable and quickly put me at ease, as I wa... Read more Reviewed on: 18th June 2024
Barbara Page's avatar
Barbara Page

High rates, crazy termination clauses and difficult to deal with We have found the Society difficult to deal with, you can’t do anything online, very slow at communicating, lots of errors in communications (like the... Read more Reviewed on: 7th February 2023
Verified Member's avatar
Verified Member

About the Mortgages

Buying a home is an exciting time in anyone’s life, but finding the right mortgage product can be daunting. We collect Suffolk Building Society mortgage reviews to help you make an informed decision when choosing a mortgage lender.

Suffolk Building Society is an independent mutual building society, offering a range of mortgage products. Always be confident with the terms, conditions and interest rates of a product. Consult the lender or an independent advisor if you need help understanding your options.

If you’re considering a mortgage with Suffolk Building Society, check out the reviews on Smart Money People. Read genuine experiences to gain valuable insight into the lender. Find out which mortgage products customers have taken out and how satisfied they have been throughout the term. Learn more about Suffolk Building Society’s customer service and the benefits you can receive as a member. All of this and more can be found in our Suffolk Building Society mortgage reviews.

Did Suffolk Building Society help you purchase your dream home? Share your experience with others by writing an honest Suffolk Building Society mortgage review. Tell us about the application process: did the Society support you throughout it? Did you find the application easy to understand? Has the Society kept you up to date with any important mortgage news or changes? Would you recommend Suffolk Building Society to family and friends? Write a review today. Together, we can help people like you make better financial decisions.

Review Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society: Mortgages now

Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society Mortgages reviews (79)

Happy to Recommend

Lovely polite lady, no pressing buttons or ghastly music, and she was easily understood, exceedingly knowledgeable and quickly put me at ease, as I was anxious over my fix ending, and the likely increased cost I was facing Reviewed on: 18th June 2024
Barbara Page's avatar
Barbara Page

Mortgage Product Swap

I have always had good customer service when ringing and this morning was no exception. I spoke to Maria Giusti, who answered all my questions thoroughly, seeking information if she didnt know the answer. She was friendly and professional and gave me a very positive experience! What a credit to your staff! Reviewed on: 10th June 2024
Brenda 's avatar
Brenda

Excellent, with exemplary staff. Highly recommended

We were blessed to find Suffolk Building Society in 2016, when it was still Ipswich Building Society. They had an article in the press about helping ‘Mortgage Misfits’ - which is what we were. We were in our 60s, our Interest only Mortgage deal had come to an end & our lender would no longer lend to us, despite having had a mortgage with them for 15 years, never having had arrears, or asking for a payment holiday. We felt it was definitely because of our age. The moment I called Suffolk, I knew I had found my lender. They were prepared to lend until beyond retirement age, had some excellent rates and deals - & we have never looked back. You can pay off up to 50% of the mortgage during its deal period. We opt for 2 year fixed deals and have managed to reduce our Mortgage consistently, since being with Suffolk. The staff are always ultra helpful and professional, and we cannot recommend them highly enough. We have recommended them to many friends & colleagues, who are all equally delighted with the outstanding customer service given. We would NEVER go to any other lender now. Recently, we have applied for additional borrowing, and after an initial enquiry, arranged an appointment with Ethan Whight, a Mortgage Advisor, to call me to discuss. He is an excellent Mortgage advisor, professional, efficient, patient and understanding. He has an excellent manner, and clearly explained the process to me, and next steps. Ethan is an asset to Suffolk Building Society, and we're sure he'll go far within the company with his excellent attitude and skills. It was a pleasure to do business with him. We’re very grateful to him for his help, and knowledge. We cannot praise him, and all his colleagues who have helped us over the years, highly enough. Suffolk Building Society, and its staff, are exemplary. Ethan personifies the values of the company and deserves every success. Many thanks. Reviewed on: 5th June 2024
Sue's avatar
Sue
Reply from Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society Dear Sue, thank you so much for your incredibly kind words about our member experience! Would you mind emailing [email protected] as we'd like to ask your permission to share this review. Thanks again, we're thrilled that you are such a great brand ambassador. Response date: 6th June 2024
Suffolk Building Society Logo
Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society

Efficient, friendly service.

Efficient, friendly service. Very happy. Reviewed on: 26th May 2024
John T's avatar
John T

Do you have a different Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society product?

Suffolk Building Society, formerly Ipswich Building Society has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products