Tinhat Reviews

Looking for Tinhat reviews by real customers like yourself? At Smart Money People, we're building the biggest collection of Tinhat reviews available. Already a Tinhat customer? Write your own review, and help out others in our community.

Tinhat Review Insight

Tinhat Products 31

Gadget Insurance

I've never come across a more deceitful and underhand company

I've never come across a more deceitful and underhand company than tinhat and the entire direct group. The company motto is 'profit first'. Quite happy to take my premium then messed me around for months after I had to make a claim. I am still without a working phone and having to take them to the financial ombudsman. Be warned: they will ignore you and come up with excuse after excuse.

I would give zero stars if possible.

Avoid the whole direct group

Reviewed on 16th October 2019
Alex's avatar
Alex

Really Poor

Every time you make a claim with this company they make it incrementally harder to proceed. It's like squeezing blood from a stone

Reviewed on 4th May 2018
David Attenborough-Hasselhoff's avatar
David Attenborough-Hasselhoff

Messing me around

Poor customer service would not recommend friends and family This company is... Read more

Poor customer service would not recommend friends and family This company is appailing
I have make a claim send the files to direct group ltd said it's not good enough
Spoke to someone fom tinhat for a refund after direct. Group. Messing my head around lost my refund. After only 30 days joined them. Rubbish!

Reviewed on 12th March 2018
Glennie's avatar
Glennie

Mobile Insurance

As Diana Ross said, "I'm Still Waiting"

I made my claim 8 days ago and am still waiting instructions, phone either unobtainable or left on hold, no email response

Reviewed on 4th December 2017
DAVID YEATES's avatar
DAVID YEATES

Fast & Straight forward

Easy to website - makes clear what is covered & reasonable price :)

Reviewed on 31st October 2016
Anne Marie O Donovan's avatar
Anne Marie O Donovan

Happy Customer

The process was quick and simple. Great prices too!

Reviewed on 30th October 2016
Joe Harrison's avatar
Joe Harrison

Great website

Great website easy to apply for insurance, best prices for pixel xl 128gb and still same level of cover

Reviewed on 30th October 2016
Matthew SilverBack Stone's avatar
Matthew SilverBack Stone

Quality

Easy set-up, excellent prices and hassle-free website

Reviewed on 27th October 2016
JAMES LYNE's avatar
JAMES LYNE

Gadget Insurance

quick signup and good prices

fast sign up and really good prices

Reviewed on 26th October 2016
Jordan Mckeag's avatar
Jordan Mckeag

Easy to use

Very easy to use website and best value I could find

Reviewed on 26th October 2016
Nathan Frederick's avatar
Nathan Frederick

Michelle's review

Quick, easy to sign up too they safe very friendly and helpful

Reviewed on 24th October 2016
Michelle JOhnston's avatar
Michelle JOhnston

Happy customer

Customer looks great, price was competitive, purchase experience painless :-)

Reviewed on 19th October 2016
Ross Bull's avatar
Ross Bull

Gadget Insurance

fast, clear, clear website, and value for money

I bought a phone today, and I normally just pay the insurance from the till at the big box chains, but this time I thought id get a comparison, and found better prices than the shop offered, however I then found TinHat, they beat everyone, and had best amount of cover at great price. In conclusion I'm glad i took the chance, I was quids in.

Reviewed on 19th October 2016
Farhan Ali's avatar
Farhan Ali

Peace of Mind Insurance

So easy to take out this insurance and excellent value to protect your phone.

Reviewed on 18th October 2016
Linda Jones's avatar
Linda Jones

Quick and cheap

Didn't take long to go through the steps and is cheap insurance! Happy so far.

Reviewed on 17th October 2016
James Morley's avatar
James Morley

Easy to buy.

Purchased this as a very good price for peace of mind on my new mobile. Website easy to get a quote and read all policies and key facts. I hope I never need to use this insurance. Obviously not had a claim yet but if I do will definitely come back and review service.

Reviewed on 15th October 2016
Susan Carradine's avatar
Susan Carradine

Easy to use website

Got iPhone 7 insurance, was looking around and this was the cheapest price, getting the insurance was easy, no mis leading questions and easy to fill in boxes.

Reviewed on 14th October 2016
Emily Boniface's avatar
Emily Boniface

Excellent value

Really good value, half the price of EE and half the price of excess amount.

Laura Heyward's avatar
Laura Heyward

Gadget Insurance

Instant query response and resolution

Simple, clear website, information and insurance options. Great excess arrangements. Combined with near instant resolution of a problem with the website via email, so far the experience is the best I've had. Keep it up.

Thomas Winter's avatar
Thomas Winter

Easy, affordable & best terms

I have looked at a few insurers today and the small print on most can cause confusion. Tinhat's policy guidelines are simple & easy to follow making the experience of buying insurance so much easier! Thanks Tinhat!