Wise Driving Reviews

Ratings based on 26 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Wise Driving (part of iGo4 Insurance) is an insurance company specialising in telematics or blackbox insurance. If you’re wondering if this innovative type of insurance is right for you, read our Wise Driving reviews to see what others have to say about them. Already used Wise Driving, or have an existing policy with them?Share a review of your own - it takes only 60 seconds - and your comments will be helping others choose the right insurance policy!

Poor

Wise Driving Review Insight

Communication

Wise Driving Products 26

very poor

charge alot very poor service i had a bad experience

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
Hana Zor's avatar
Hana Zor

Extortionate cancellation fee

My son's car was damaged beyond repair in a accident (not his fault) and being unable to find a suitable replacement car due to increased value of second hand cars, he had no option but to cancel his policy.on top of being charged £150.00 for his black box they then added a £400.00 cancellation fee, the total for my son to cancel insurance on a car that has been scraped is £550.00 for a car that was worth £1300.00
Called their customer service center which appears to be outside the UK as I couldn't understand the person I spoke to due to their limited English.
I'm having to take legal advice about this extortionate charge.
Definitely avoid this company.

Reviewed on 6th October 2021
Jonathan Bell's avatar
Jonathan Bell

00000nill

I think I did big mistake to join wise driving policy. Even I drive very good device give me bad numbers as bad driving????????????

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Asif's avatar
Asif

Wisedriving - dishonest scammers

... Read more

Wisedriving claim that, should you pay them £120 for the insertion of a 'black box,' your driving record will ensure lower insurance prices.

This is palpable nonsense and Wisedriving know it.

I have been with the company for three years and achieved a 93% 'excellent' driving record.

In the second year, the company added an extra £300 to my insurance costs.

This year they added an additional £400. It amounts to annual increases of 35%.

The black box, by the way, costs £120 and you pay an annual fee of £90 for it.

Don't bother asking why I should be facing annual increases of 35%. Customer services amounts to a computer-like repetition of: 'We are a brokers. The prices are set by the underwriter.' True ... but not helpful. There is not even an attempt to talk through measures that might lower the rate.

Don't ask either anything about the insurance company that underwrites the policy. I did and the operative hung up.

As far as I can make out, Wisdedrivng is operating a scam. It is dishonest - even by the dismal standards of the insurance industry.

I strongly recommend you shop elsewhere for your motoring insurance.

I did and I found a price that was considerably less than half the price demanded by Wisedriving.

A RESPONSE FROM WISEDRIVING:

This below was Wisedriving's response to my observations on their sky high prices, fantastically unrealistic marketing claims and their abysmal customer relations.

It's effectively a repetition of their mantra that prices are nothing to do with them. No mention of why, with a 93% driving record, their prices should be so breathtakingly greater than other reputable companies.

Wisedriving use Highway Insurance. It is a subsidiary company of LV. I am now insured through LV ... but at a cost substantially lower than half Wisedriving's price. Here's their comment:
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. As the insurance broker, we are unable to confirm the way in which a renewal quote is calculated by the insurer. However, I am able to confirm that at the time of generating a renewal quote, a number of factors are taken into account by the insurer which will determine the best price available, this would include, but may not be limited to, driving history, age, vehicle type and area.

Should an individual or combination of these factors be deemed a higher risk by the insurer at the time of providing the renewal quote, this will have an impact on the renewal premium that is offered. It can also result in the insurer being unable to offer a renewal quote. The renewal quote calculated is based on the insurer rates applicable at the time of the renewal being obtained, and are therefore variable on a regular basis.

Thanks for the review, we take our customer service seriously and will take all feedback on board.

Many Thanks,
Kathryn.

Reviewed on 11th May 2021
richard bestic's avatar
richard bestic

AVOID AT ALL... Read more

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Even if you paid me to use this company it would still be the last company on earth I'd ever use.
I have genuinely never dealt with a worse company. I have spent THREE HOURS over 4 seperate calls renewing my car insurance only for each time to recieve an email confirming it has been cancelled. I've given my bank details on each 4 occasions and still the most unintelligent team on earth cannot complete the simpliest of tasks. I have never in my life felt so frustrated or irritated. In the end I insured with a different company.
Sort your customer service out, because this is completely unacceptable. Truly appalling, and shocking service, and I'm surprised you overall rating even managed to get to 2 stars... If I could have left no stars that still would have been too many.

Reviewed on 9th April 2021
Charlotte Cartwright's avatar
Charlotte Cartwright

AVOID AT ALL... Read more

Reviewed on 9th April 2021
Charlotte Cartwright's avatar
Charlotte Cartwright

Scammers, avoid avoid avoid

Slap on extra charges whenever they feel like it!! How are they even trading?

Reviewed on 25th March 2021
Acko's avatar
Acko

Car Insurance

Changing car doubled my monthly payments

Changed my car to a safer, less powerful and more economical car and was charged 300 for the pleasure of doing so. Its nearly doubled my payments from £54 to £104. I will NEVER use this company again. I currently have a complaint in with the Onbudsman, they shouldn't be allowed to operate this way.

Reviewed on 25th March 2021
Dan's avatar
Dan

Poor customer service

Absolutely poor customer service on the phone. So rude, not helpful, poor English. You can be charged load of extra money even you never make a claim from them. Check all the detail before you buy! It is actually cheaper to go for other insurrance... Read more

Absolutely poor customer service on the phone. So rude, not helpful, poor English. You can be charged load of extra money even you never make a claim from them. Check all the detail before you buy! It is actually cheaper to go for other insurrance companies!

Reviewed on 19th March 2021
Jasom's avatar
Jasom

Car Insurance

WiseDriving are not to be trusted, Their are scummers who run under the... Read more

WiseDriving are not to be trusted, Their are scummers who run under the igo4.com.

on the 6th march 2021 I have sign up with them as a new client I paid annually, On the next following day I have received a new email " Your policy details have changed" with Additional Premium fees that is equivalent to what I have already paid on the 6th, On the 7th of march 2021 I have called them to find out Why am I been charged with this new Additional Premium fees their have failed to provide any additional information regards the new Policy that their have created that I never agree on, The lady I spoke to unbelievable she was so rude and shouting (couldn't barely speak okay English) "I keep telling her to come down I am just trying to find out this new Policy and why am I been charge additional fees."

At this point she stood her ground and refuse to do anything about it and I have been threatened if I do not pay this new fees my Policy will be cancelled and debt collection agency will be knocking my door, What so scary about this is that their already had my credit card details Automatically saved on their system without my permission.

I was left with only one option but to cancel my policy as I did not agree with the new policy their have email to me, I have been charge over £200 to cancel my policy, Keep in mind when you are signing up with them it says within 14days you can cancel the policy and the charging fees is £35 if it pass over the 14days the fees goes up to £75 but in my situation it was different according to them they have covered me when I have been trying to solve this problem over the phone on 7th march 2021 I join them on the 6th march 2021 you do the maths here. Plus my blackbox I was supposed to fit on my car hasn't even aravind yet, On the exactly day I was trying to solve this issue with them I got a text message saying your new WiseDriving box has been dispatched and is currently with DHL. But still I was charge £200 fees for canceling my Policy.

My advice to anyone out there is to be careful with this Agency WiseDriving that runs under the igo4.com as their are rude and Money grabber, Don't fail for their fake quote online.

Reviewed on 11th March 2021
Genzo Giichi's avatar
Genzo Giichi

Avoid avoid avoid

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. I would give zero stars if I could. I took out a policy for £616 for a new car which I was expecting to arrive that day. Unfortunately there was a problem with the car and so 19 days later I cancelled the policy. Wise Driving wanted to charge me £299...for NINETEEN days. Needless to say I have taken this complaint further to the Ombudsman. Looking at other reviews I am not the only one to have fallen for this. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Reviewed on 16th December 2020
janine's avatar
janine

IT IS A SCAM ...PLEASE AVOID

Be very careful when you decide to go ahead with this company. After 4 weeks, They cancelled my insurance without any pre-warning because apparently I have driven too fast 100 miles per hour once (so how do you expect to make people drive wisely if you do not even warn them at least once). Then came the surprise. They charged me 50 per cent of my annual premium (I paid 650 and decided to charge me 350 pounds). Please be aware that as per terms and conditions, they should have charged me only admin fess of 50 pound plus 4 weeks cover so how 4 weeks would cost me 300 pounds?... It is a scam. Can you imagine how many people they have been ripped off like me without having the possibility to go to court and defend them selves? My advice: Avoid

Reviewed on 1st December 2020
Mounir Abel's avatar
Mounir Abel

Reliable, Save Money, Friendly

First insurance company I used. Saved £400 odd quid on my premium for the year for having a good driving score through the black box app. They adjust the Direct debit for you so no hassle. ... Read more

If you're a first time driver I'd highly recommend based on my own experience. I've saved around £1100 from my first year into my second year so it clearly works if you drive sensible.

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Luke Dareschani's avatar
Luke Dareschani

Car Insurance

Please Save Yourself Hassle and from a Scam!!

If I could I wouldn’t have even put a 1 star!!! ... Read more

If I could I wouldn’t have even put a 1 star!!!
To begin with the company are good and had no problems, I was an ignorant young driver who thought cheaper the better (boy was I wrong). Had my blackbox installed and the guy who installed it had broken my glove compartment and I haven’t had a single apology or anyone offer to fix it for me when he broken it completely!

It was going smoothly, I even recieved money back for driving good and I was happy about this (but little did I know they would just take this back)

Couple of months back, I had a text message to state I was no longer insured. I panicked and phoned the company and they had told me that my blackbox had stopped working and they had “tried” to email me. Complete rubbish as I had no emails and check mine daily. I asked why they couldn’t have phoned my contact number and they said it isn’t their job to call customers! Charming!

I was left with no insurance! No explanation, nothing! Later on I recieve an email for over £250 of overdue payments? When I had been keeping up with all my payments. I asked how this has come about they said it was administration charges because I had decided to leave the company. Which I turned round and said I didn’t decide to leave I got left with no communication and no insurance.

The person on the phone who I believe was called “Joshua” was horrible and smalmy. He twisted my words and recorded just my answer to what was a different question he gave and rang my dad up told him he asked a completely different question and that was my answer! Which I highly doubt is allowed!

Anyway we settled the so called “debt” because we didn’t want the hassle and we wanted to get away from this company. We had rude service from the staff before and after payment.

Finally thought that was the last I would have heard from them... oh no! Wrong Again!

They have emailed me months later after leaving them months ago, saying I have an overdue payment of 9pence!!! I kid you not 9p.... how?

Money grabbing thieves. Useless. Rude and downright scamming company. Never ever use this company unless you want the hassle and a lot less money in your account!

Reviewed on 28th July 2020
Bethan Garratt's avatar
Bethan Garratt

A company of thieves

Absolutely disgraceful. Be aware that even if you cancel your insurance within the first 14 days the ridiculously high fee will be £75. I would never recommend this insurance company to anyone.

Reviewed on 4th May 2020
Luca Cossu's avatar
Luca Cossu

5week since my car was stolen

Not yet even offered me a pay out from my car being stolen 5 weeks ago! they have bad communication between departments. Get one story from wise driving and another from inspire claims. I am having to get lifts to work and risk walking to the local supermarket every couple of days because I cannot carry everything for a weekly shop. I am risking my health during this pandemic every day that they delay giving me a quote just because they have yet to get the info from my black box (a devise meant to help in times like this). Although I can see Russell is doing what he can from inspire the whole set up of the companies are flawed and it is I, a victim of strangers being in my house in the middle of the night to steal car keys, that has to keep suffering. My Mum and dads where sorted weeks ago and have the money in there bank. On the day of the robbery I was told this will be sorted "in the next 2 weeks". I would stay far away from this company and they crumble in time of crisis.

Reviewed on 4th May 2020
Kelly-Jo Crooks's avatar
Kelly-Jo Crooks

Cancelled policy

They cancelled my policy due to me being one day late with a £40 payment as my score had gone down a little. I even called to explain I was waiting for my new card and pin to arrive and would call them. Arrived at work, called them to pay only be told they had cancelled my policy at 09:06 and it was only 09:15 when I called. I paid £1100 for the year as I'm a new driver and this is how they treat me. Reported them and having my case reviewed as this will follow me for life. All for 1 day and £40

Reviewed on 13th November 2019
Sarah Smith's avatar
Sarah Smith

Disgraceful

My policy was cancelled because I don't drive my car often enough. I received a notice while out of the country that my policy would be cancelled if I did not drive it by the 19th. I notified customer service that I was out of the country, and this was not possible. I was informed quite rudely that I am required to drive my car on a weekly basis. I explained that this is not practical for me because I am often out of the country for longer than a week at a time. There are no conditions in my policy that require any minimum level of driving frequency.
I notified the complaints department, who informed me they would look into it. The next contact I received was a cancellation notice and a £75 cancellation fee!

Reviewed on 22nd April 2019
Gwen Baker's avatar
Gwen Baker

Disgusting Service

Disgusting service. My 19 year old had a policy with them March 2018, he had a car crash and they deemed the car a write off in November 2018 they paid him out. He tried to cancel the policy in Decemeber 2018 after being paid out, they have a recording of the call they told him they couldn’t as there was another driver involved and his claim wasn’t settled. Fair enough. Looked at my credit card statement this month April 2019 they have taken out a renewal for £3600 for a car they wrote off. We rang them thinking they would correct their mistake they said it was our mistake for not notifying them the car was written off and will charge is up to the date we rang them. Apparantly the underwriter does not commmunicate with the broker!! Well that’s bad practice we shouldn’t have to pay for!! We are being charged for insuring a car that we do not have and they should no. Steer clear pay the little bit extra and go to a reputable company.

Reviewed on 2nd April 2019
Sat Sandhu's avatar
Sat Sandhu

SCAM

Scam of a company. Took over £200 deposit then because they would only offer me appointments whilst I was on a four day holiday with my car they cancelled my insurance and haven't refunded the deposit. even before cancellation the process was stressful having to phone every day to try and get an appointment, being told people would call back or waiting on hold for almost an hour at a time!
They lie, let you down and steal your money. Oh, and then leave you with no cover so you have to payout to another company on top of it! Scammers! DO NOT USE!! DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THEIR LOW RATES

Reviewed on 28th December 2018