Yorkshire Building Society ISA Reviews

Ratings based on 3 reviews Last review 2 years ago

Yorkshire Building Society ISA reviews from our Smart Money People can help you to give you the inside track on what having an ISA with Yorkshire Building Society is really like. Oh, and if you have experience using a Yorkshire Building Society ISA, you can write a review too. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Our Smart Money People 360° Rating

NOT RATED
Combines our customer review data set with wider market analysis. Find out more here.

Your ISA Reviews (3)

28th March 2016

no problems

Found it easy to take this out online. Interest rate was good and it was a quick and easy process. All documents received from them quickly. No branch near me but I dont expect to have to visit them as all contact will be online

9th August 2015

Great interest while it lasts!

Saving interest rates are poor these days, and when my ISA matured, after checking comparison sites found that Yorkshire Building Society were offering the best interest rate at that time - a market leading 2% per annum! I made an appointment at the branch office and the adviser couldn't have been more helpful.

She arranged the transfer from my old ISA account, all the paperwork went through satisfactorily and the documents arrived in good time.

The ISA fixed-rate bond matured at 18 months, but I was extremely disappointed to see that the YBS were only prepared to offer derisory interest rates of 1.2% for a new 1-year bond, or 1.3% for 2 years.

The Bank of England rate hasn't changed within the time that I have held this account, and I couldn't understand why the building society were offering such poor rates on maturity of bonds. Were they hoping that customers would accept their poor offer and lose out on a better rate? It seemed mean to me!

I have (again) checked comparison rates, and am in the process of transferring the ISA account to a financial institution which values their customers. My husband will also do the same when his YBS ISA matures shortly. Because of Yorkshire Building Society's lack of loyalty to customers, they are going to lose out on a considerably amount of money! I advise customers to vote with their feet!